Guest viewing is limited

THR On the other side in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pix John! Love the nap in a tree!
 
Love all the cat pictures and wish I could have another one but I'm badly allergic to them. I've been thinking about getting allergy shots so I can have another one in the house. Since my last one passed away of old age, I've noticed that I feel so much better without one around. It's sad.:cry4:
 
Karen,

I did the shots for years and then went on prescription allergy meds so that I could keep my furry friends around. My major issue is if i pet the cats (which I do all day) and then touch my face or eyes before I wash them.... :hate-shocked:

I would also say that in the last 5-10 years my symptoms have diminished as I build a new "immunity". I always had cats as a kid...no allergies...but then went away to college and BOOM...i was allergic to my cats.:cry:

good luck...i hope you can have them again.

Z
 
Z, that's exactly what happens to me. Touch cats and then my face and :hate-shocked:

I had shots for several years back in the day but could never be treated for cats. Now my ENT tells me he can give shots for pets. I'm seriously considering it.
 
Me too, Z! I have to keep Anthisan on hand in case I get a scratch or even a prick from a hair or a whisker. Blows up into an intensely itchy weal in no time. If I have a bad bite/scratch, I now rush to the sink and scrub the wound with any soap to hand, washing up liquid as often as not! It usually works to stop that itch.

Some years ago I had a course of desensitizing injections. It came in three vial, weak, medium and strong, and I had to have a subdermal injection once a week for 4 weeks each vial! Because of problems getting to the doctor's surgery, I had an anaesthetist at work do it for me. He spent some time reading the literature that came with it and then procedure to fetch a tourniquet, adrenaline and the cardiac arrest trolley into the anaesthetic room. Plus a patient trolley that he had me lie on. I had to have a blood pressure cuff put on and electrodes to the cardiac monitor! :hate-shocked:

I scoffed a little at his OTT prep but when he read me the leaflet, I was OMG! But I went through with it anyway and it worked a treat! I'd had to have eye drops on hand which were used frequently and nose sprays because I had a permanent, low grade allergic oedema in my nose! It all went. I had a second course about three years later and that worked well too.

But then, three years after that, when I went to my GP again for a repeat she said "Oh they don't do that stuff anymore. Too many people died from it!" :hate-shocked:

So now I've settle to taking an antihistamine pill each day instead! Still have the Anthisan and eye drops around but for some weird reason, I don't use them much any more.

It's been a source of great amusement to me over the years that not one of my GPs has ever suggested I get rid of the cats! :th_heehee:
 
Wow such allergy issues with kitties. :hate-shocked:

I am glad I am only have reactions like that to spiders, I am not tempted to cuttle them in any case.

Have you considered getting more hypoallergenic cats?
 
Cute pics John - love the little kitty witty ditties!

Also glad to hear you're doing well!

:thumb:
 
My husband has that same cat problem Z describes -- cats all his life, went away to college & boom cat allergies. We will have to work harder to get him to take medication so we can have a cat! Have two dogs, but need a cat to keep the house in proper order.
 
Best thing to consider, as I've found is the bloodline, Siamese, Burmese, Himalyaln and those type of purebreed cats are the worst,for allergies.
I can't even be in the same house with them without severe reactions.Had years of allergy shots for allergies when I was younger for numerous allergies including cats.
My three cats now which are of unknown origin (brought home years ago by the kids and left for me)n"domestic shorthair: give no or few problems. Surprised me
 
Not really, John. Don't get too many of those in rescue centres! :th_heehee:
 
Wow, knew I was fragile but...

Just managed to fall down, tripped on a cord.

I had been preparing my subconscious for it since the surgery, thanks to info from BS, by imagining falling on my right side. It worked perfect, as soon as I started to topple, my subconscious rotated me to the right and caught myself with my arms bent correctly and let myself down. :thumb:

But it feels like I pulled quite a few muscles in my "new" leg, had a dose of ibuprofen and soaked in the hot tub, In bed for the rest of the day now. Ow.

This could have been so much worse, I feel lucky.:eek:
 
Wow John, great job on catching yourself on the landing. It sounds like you didn't too much damage so thank goodness for that. Rest up.
 
John,

Good to hear you got that out of the way without major repercussions.

Let's just agree right now that you WON'T DO IT AGAIN...

Glad you're ok,

Z
 
John,

Good to hear you got that out of the way without major repercussions.

Let's just agree right now that you WON'T DO IT AGAIN...

Glad you're ok,

Z
That was my first thought, Glad I got that over with. HA. :amen1:
Now I get to be extra special careful.
 
The first fall is the scary one! We have all been there and had the same feeling - fragile! You will probably be a bit sore and stiff in all areas. Just rest and take what you need for the soreness.

Hope you are feeling better John. Take care!
 
Sorry about the fall John, but that fear is out of the way now! Wow, you handled it perfectly by the sound of it.. You look like a strong tall bloke.. Glad you are resting now..

Please, please everyone, no more trips...

Love the kitty photos, they are Soooooo cute..
 
Jo, wow hon... To go through all of that for your purry friends... they must love you very much..

You must post some photos of yours?
 
Hi John,

I must use that mind programming trick, is it like a golfer imagining the shot before he plays it?
Give my recent history of hitting the deck with a "problematical" outcome (don't you just love euphemisms?) I think you did so well to come out of relatively unscathed.
My physio told me to tidy up my living space as much as possible ... no wires( cords), loose rugs, loose dogs etc. easier said than done but I'm trying not to do stuff when I'm tired or in a rush (or both) ....so far so good fingers,eyes but not legs crossed!!

Charlie
 
OUCH!!Yes, the first fall is really scary!! Im glad you were able to ease yourself the rest of the way down and that your ok and taking it easy.

I would advise moving the cord though:thumb:
 
Hi John,

I must use that mind programming trick, is it like a golfer imagining the shot before he plays it?
Charlie
Yes exactly, I am continually visualizing and feeling what I am going to do if I fall, after 2 weeks of that, it worked. :yes 4:

I was all better the next day. Still progressing nicely. Sorry about your setback Charlie, at least you are a very good bad example for me not to follow. :th_heehee:

The cord was the laptop cord, which would have pulled loose if my other big foot wasn't on it. Just being a lot more careful and not taking any chances.

This morning I was able to lift my leg off the bed effortlessly both on my back and on my side. Yesterday it was a real challenge.

Here are some more kitties to pass the time.

Frankie with me at the office as a kitten.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

Still at the office catching a kitten nap in my pocket.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

Pocket kitty
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

Much older Frankie at the office, no longer a pocket cat.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

My most favorite cat of all time, Wobbles, a rescued Persian with issues, but the most loving cat ever. No teeth or claws, could hardly breath.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

Killer Dave and his family about 2 weeks after we rescued them from the side of the road.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom