Guest viewing is limited

THR On the other side in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi John,

Nice forklift!! I thought maybe you were having and Extreme Makeover Home Edition renovation and just tearing the house down.... Have fun on that basement toilet -- we had something like that done years ago and one of my kids still remembers sitting on the large pile of gravel that was in the furnace room to be put back into the excavated area.

Sorry about the IT band issue, but yes, your PT will help you through that I am sure!! Check out that video of the foam roller at message #8 on the exercise thread Jamie posted. That is my favorite exercise for stretching out my IT band, it works better (for me) than any of those other standing stretches.

Good luck, we'll be waiting to hear how your PT goes!!
Take care,
Cardie
 
Love the remodeling!

Congratulations of getting back to work. I thought of you and Cardie yesterday on my super quick trip to Costcos, I love the mid week early visits, it's calm, quiet and yesterday I felt like I had the place to myself HEAVEN!

All the best,

Sarah
 
We always go on a mid-weeknight after 6:30, not busy at all.
 
Did I see that it is your Birthday today Sir?
If so, Happy Birthday and hope this next trip around the sun is your best ever-
-you are off to a great start with new parts and new friends!

:egypt-dance:
 
Did I see that it is your Birthday today Sir?

:egypt-dance:
It is, it is.
Thanks for the happy wishes.
Had my birthday dinner with my brother last night (he is 15 years older), his birthday is on 3/31 so we always have a joint get together.

We talked theoretical physics and scientific research in healthcare.

He has been retired for 10 years now and is touring the country in his travel trailer.

I get to go PT for the first time tonight, Woo Hoo, At least I know and like the PTist
 
Happy Birthday John! Have fun at PT (yes it is supposed to be fun). Let us know what PT says about your IT band issue.
 
Hardy Har! Love that you and your brother have a 'joint' get together:th_heehee: Funny how such terms jump off the page in a new way now:)

Would love to have been a bug on the wall during your conversation!

Have a productive time with your PT!
 
Happy Birthday John! Your joint celebration sounds like a good time was had by both brothers ::yay:

Have fun at PT
 
Hardy Har! Love that you and your brother have a 'joint' get together:th_heehee: Funny how such terms jump off the page in a new way now:)

Would love to have been a bug on the wall during your conversation!

I didn't even notice the use of the term when I wrote it.:biggrin:

No you wouldn't have, everyone gets glassy eyed when I get going on my physics theory. :sleep::sleep:

Know any PhD mathematicians? I am looking to hire one.
 
PT update.

After a long examination, she definitely thought it was the IT band and gave me a set of 5 different painful exercises to do every night.

I just about crippled myself just trying to get a easy start on them last night.

They all involve rotating my feet apart while holding my knees together with my hips at different angles and my body in different orientations.

Oh and clamshells with an elastic band around my knees.
 
Hey John,

Sounds like my PT has a long lost sister in your neck of the woods, the word "dominatrix" often springs to mind with these wonderful girls! :th_heehee:

I especially like the sound of your band restricted clamshell exercise it sounds fun ......NOT!!!!

Keep on truckin' .......


Charlie
ps When you get really good you can do them in the morning too!
 
Hi John,

I hope that the IT band exercises help to alleviate your pain!! My experience is that over time they are much less painful as you get that fibrous tissue stretched out more. Does your PT gal want you to do the exercises even on the days that you have PT???

Clam shells, yeah, no one really likes those very much... but they will help your buttock muscles reactivate and that's really important for your gait.

If you are good at all these exercises now, you'll probably move up pretty quickly to real machines and they are much more fun and feel more productive!

Oh, and remember your ice pack now that you are doing all this PT stuff. Bring it to bed before you start the exercises then you won't have to get up for it before you snooze away. :sleepz:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Hi John,

I hope that the IT band exercises help to alleviate your pain!! My experience is that over time they are much less painful as you get that fibrous tissue stretched out more.

Does your PT gal want you to do the exercises even on the days that you have PT???

I hope so too, it has been problematic for a couple of years now, When I tweak it, It feels like my knee is broken.

I don't and haven't had any other PT.
 
Clam shells with a band already! :what: Please don't allow PT to push you John. I would suggest trying the clam shells without the band and when you feel good doing them graduate. PT is not supposed to hurt!
 
Happy Belated Birthay John!

Wishing you the best and heres to many years of good health, pain free hips, lots of remodeling, big trucks, and many trips to Costcos! Lots of love too..,xxooxxoo
 
Hi John

Just stopping by to say hello... Wow! Clamshells with a band.. not sure I would be game.

I enjoy doing them on their own though.

Do take care :)
 
I am supposed to do 10 of these gluteus medius stretches on each side every night.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.
Managed only 7 last night, it is fine going into the stretch, but wowie zowie does it hurt when I release it.

Right side is no problem.
I did feel better afterwords.
 
I don't and haven't had any other PT.

Wait, what??? Is that it -- you only have one PT visit???
Is that because you told them you were already back on your bike?

Keep up the clams & the glute stretch those will help you walk tall & strong without the gimpy limp!! :thumb:

Have a good weekend,
Cardie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom