Guest viewing is limited

THR On the other side in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what??? Is that it -- you only have one PT visit???
Is that because you told them you were already back on your bike?

I have another in three weeks if I want it, to modify my exercises for any progress I have made.
 
Just read through more of your thread John!

You should be congratulated on your progress, you so remind me of Okie... six hours of lawn mowing, long bike rides.. wowee, fantastic!

Sorry you are experiencing some pain, sounds like the muscles are grumbling a bit :) still early days :)
 
YooooHoooo I thought of you and Cardie today!

Yes zipped into Costcos for one item, darn the other day I had forgot the turkey bacon love the turkey bacon, so does Miles its our late night snack. Anyhooooo i walked every aisle for fun, and walked out spending $100, I ended up with turkey bacon, shower head, new bones for Miles, laundry detergent.

Great PT session for a Friday! It would be nice now if someone could help change out my shower head, I'll figure out later or tomorrow!

Another costocs success!

Have a good weekend.
 
Whoo Hoooo!! I was forced to go to Costco again today too and this time it was all by myself, eeegadssss!!

Thankfully I knew just where to go since I'd been there so recently and I did pretty good -- loading those gigantic cases of bottled water into the cart and then into the car....

@DallasSarah: PT for Friday -- check!! :yes 4:

Yum, turkey bacon -- we also used to eat that until my husband discovered the pre-cooked *real* bacon (Hormel brand) that is just warmed in the microwave (he does breakfast for the kids).

John, was your forklift a cast off from Costco???

Have a good weekend, Costco fans
Cardie
 
Oh my goodness I thought the same thing about the forklift!

Woooohooooo solo cases of water trips to Costcos that's brilliant :)
 
Sorry to hijack your thread John... but you're doing great so don't need any more praise at the moment:th_heehee: ......but girls what's "Turkey Bacon"??? I mean bacon's from piggy wiggy's and I've never heard a turkey go "OINK".
The Scot's have something called "Beef Ham" which is just as eccentric!

signed ....Puzzled of England!!
 
You are not alone Cus! I have no idea what turkey bacon is... sounds a bit like a beef jerkey chew??
 
Morning Charlie and Sandy,

Good question, good enough for me to think duh what is this stuff, here's a mini description https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_bacon

It not as greasy as good old bacon, definitely has a different taste, I tried it as a lower calorie idea and was hooked, little like egg whites my other new treat.

Ohhhh my mum would fix a great English breakfast, bacon, fried eggs, tomatoes, bake beans and chunky buttered toast or fried bread in LARD oh my goodness! How bland egg whites and turkey bacon seems compared to that feast hahahaha hahahaha!!

Have a good Saturday!

xxooxx
 
Mmmm! I think I will stick with veggie juices, salads and fish..
 
......but girls what's "Turkey Bacon"??? I mean bacon's from piggy wiggy's and I've never heard a turkey go "OINK".

Gobble, Gobble, Oink, Gobble...
(think-- no wattle, large tail feather plumes & pink piggy nose)

In America we have all sorts of nifty things....

Have a nice day...
Cardie
 
Ahem,
Hi John, what is chemical engineering? Would that help us in reading our food labels? Nothing more straight forward than brocolli or a boiled egg, but sometimes...like last eve, one of my husbands came over and for dessert he made the good old fashioned fruit cocktail with sliced bananas all fluffed about with WHIPPING CREAM and COCONUT. Then he had the poor taste to LEAVE it here!!!
Im ready for some Costco PT too. Sarah, you got out of there for $100? No wonder you went back the next day---to finish shopping:th_heehee:-will head out as soon as it stops SNOWING. Happy Spring, happy Saturday all:)
 
Ahem,
Hi John, what is chemical engineering? Would that help us in reading our food labels? Nothing more straight forward than brocolli or a boiled egg, but sometimes...like last eve, one of my husbands came over and for dessert he made the good old fashioned fruit cocktail with sliced bananas all fluffed about with WHIPPING CREAM and COCONUT. Then he had the poor taste to LEAVE it here!!!
Im ready for some Costco PT too. Sarah, you got out of there for $100? No wonder you went back the next day---to finish shopping:th_heehee:-will head out as soon as it stops SNOWING. Happy Spring, happy Saturday all:)

Chemical engineering is the design of processes involving chemicals.
The chemical knowledge required depends on the types of processes.

I do recognize many of the additives in foods and what they do in general, but I am not an organic chemist. Do you have an additive question?

One of your husbands?? How many do you have?:wink1:

I go to Costco about 2 - 3 times a week, always have a shopping list and stick to it.
 
Mostly I was kidding since your thread made a nutrition exit there for a bit. Is there a nasty additive that we might be especially concerned about?

I'm twice divorced but especially in a small community, with shared histories and links, still cohorts in many ways, so imperative that it be comfortable for all to my way of thinking.
#2: we do better not married than, but are fond of each other so have 're-invented' our relationship. It's confusing to folks that expect us to be allergic to each other, but we like and respect each other in many ways, enjoy similar activities and travel well together, know each others families and friends... so am grateful that we continue to do so.
#1 on the other hand still goes into anaphylaxis at the very whiff of me.
:sigh: Alas

Have you guys had snow this morning on that side?
 
Mostly I was kidding since your thread made a nutrition exit there for a bit. Is there a nasty additive that we might be especially concerned about?

Have you guys had snow this morning on that side?


Yes very much so. Sugar. We are off it and grains and much happier.

No snow just inches of rain and lots of wind.

This video is an hour and a half and WELL worth watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
 
Hi John,

Kuddos on giving up sugar!!!!

Your Sugar Doc was on 60 minutes this evening --

broken link removed: https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57407294/is-sugar-toxic/?tag=contentMain;cbsCarousel

Take care,
Cardie
 
I was not having any luck with the Piriformis Stretch.
I was working on it 45 minutes a night, having to relax minutes between each try, to let the pain subside.
I had not seen ANY changes from Wednesday to Sunday.

So Monday night I tried a different method: Laying on my left side with my left leg bent out in front of me, I rolled onto the leg, pushing it against me.

By rocking back and forth on the leg I was able to actually get something done, after about 20 rocks it stopped hurting when I stretched it.

I moved the leg up and down slightly between rocks to change which fibers were being stretched.

I had a lot of sore muscle pain on that side most of Tuesday but it was recovered by the evening.

I repeated it Tuesday evening with much less pain and things loosened up much quicker, did about 35 quick rocks in about 5 minutes.

Today (Wednesday) my leg is not sore and works well ( able to do stairs 2 at a time without effort) but it is very springy.
It pops forward without me moving it, as soon as weight is released. Makes for kind of a different walk.

I am doing the same stretches on the right side with no apparent effect on that side.

I think everything is Okay.
 
John, it sounds like you were getting in some self-massage and active stretching at the same time. Glad to hear that it worked for you :thumb:
 
John,

that stretch sounds interesting...but I am not sure i completely understand. Did you invent it or is there a website that shows something like it?

Z
 
I invented it although I am sure someone has done it before.

Lie on your side.
Bring your lower leg up like you are trying to knee someone if you were standing up.
Roll towards/onto your leg that is sticking out until it stops you.
Rock back and forth onto the stop, pulling your IT band.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom