Guest viewing is limited

THR On the other side in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, had a wonderful hip problem free weekend!! :dancy:
Spent about 15 hours with my son digging a trench to put in a gas pipe to my shop and clear out a sewer.

Had No issues with anything hip or leg related! :yahoo:

Everything is sore and tired but in a good way.
Back to good old PT tonight.


[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.
 
Hi John I just noticed you had your op 3 days before mine!
Great to hear you had a hip worry/pain/discomfort/problem weekend!! I'm around the same stage and at times just walk move and get on with my life normally... whatever that means! I guess we're seeing the end of the tunnels ... fingers crossed!!
Keep on truckin'

Charlie
 
YOU GO GUY!!!!! Hooray for you. Must feel great! -cathy
 
Hi John,

Wow, nice work!! I bet you are handy in the garden too!! :yes!:

Hope your IT band is getting with the program better.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Hi John,
Wow, nice work!! I bet you are handy in the garden too!! :yes 4:
Hope your IT band is getting with the program better.

Take care,
Cardie

Thanks all for the good comments

My IT band is being a stubborn #$%@ it is SLOOOOOOOOWLY getting stretched out and slightly less irritated.
Mainly I am being real careful of it.
I didn't think I had made any progress but the PT lady said there was more ROM on it.

As for gardening, this year I Finally got my greenhouse running and we have it full up with stuff, Mainly flower baskets for the wife, but I have my beloved heirloom tomatoes going in the big white bins.

Everything you see we raised from seed.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.

[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.
 
WOW! Good job all the way around!!

I cant wait to get a plantin' baskets and beds, couple more weeks yet just to be on the safe side. I plant in one big pot a cherry tomato every year and the family just eats right off it LOL Definitely cant keep any ripe ones for bringing inside, theyre gone as soon as their ready.
 
That is an amazing green house!! :flowerysmile:It's like something a garden center would have.

On the ROM, I bet you'll see subtle changes and improvements throughout the year. You are only about 4 months out and doing amazingly well.

Take care,
Cardie
 
That is an amazing green house!! :flowerysmile:It's like something a garden center would have.

On the ROM, I bet you'll see subtle changes and improvements throughout the year. You are only about 4 months out and doing amazingly well.

Take care,
Cardie

Thank you for the compliment, the Greenhouse was the culmination of about 4 years of work. It is part of a much larger Deck and remodel project the beginning of which you see in my avatar.

My Hip ROM is
<tony the="" tiger="" voice="">
GREAT!! :yahoo:
</tony>
I have no issues with that.

My IT band however is tight, it limits my "Left leg cross body stretching"
Which in itself is not bad as I don't often have the need to kick myself in the right shoulder with my left knee, but because it is tight when I walk for more than a few blocks.
YES!:yes 4: I CAN walk for more than a few blocks now!.
The IT attachment at my tibia hurts to the point of limping.

It is getting better, after 3 weeks of cross body stretching I have gone from 85 degrees to maybe 95 degrees.
The lady in the picture is at about 170 degrees.

[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.
 
Went for a 4 mile walk with the wife and her little dog too last night.
No zingers, no IT issues, everything just worked.:dancy:

I did yard work all weekend, carrying about 2 tons of laurel branches across uneven slopping ground and mowing 1/3 acre of hill with a trimmer mower.
IT WORKS!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Joey.
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.
 
:dancy: Fantastic news, John!! :dancy:

Glad to hear that the IT band has settled down and that everything works so well.
It must feel great to get back to all that yard & home project work. :thumb:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Love it John! Another BoneSmart success story!
 
Have not heard from you so I assume you are just doing more and more and living life. Hooray for you!
 
Have not heard from you so I assume you are just doing more and more and living life. Hooray for you!

Yes, the hip is not no longer an issue at all. All back to normal. :happydance:

I am on to the next adventure, my wife had breast cancer and is recovering from surgery, outlook is very good but not fun on the way.

When she is recovered, next is the new downstairs bathroom, new sewer under a concrete floor, oh boy.
 
John it's great to hear from you. But so sorry to hear about your wife. Please tell her she is adopted by this BoneSmart family. We are with her all the way in her battle!
 
Thank you. The battle is fortunately over. She had Inter Operative Radiation Therapy IORT where they put a balloon into the cavity where they took out the tumor and do a one time radiation. The tumor was genome sequenced and declared unlikely to reoccur. All that is left is the healing.
She was the one who turned me onto to bone Smart from her knee replacements.
 
John,

Good luck to you and your wife. She is clearly a smart lady to be recommending Bonesmart!

Your turn to be supportive again.... :friends:

Z
 
Hi John, great to hear from you and what a good update regarding your progress. Sorry to hear about your wife, but that sounds as though it is under control and as you say, let the healing begin.

Once again, pleased to hear from some of the members around my surgery time. - good luck, not that you need it :) you are one of our success stories :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom