Guest viewing is limited

THR Old hip, new sensation!

Absolutely! Those hips are neighbors. Your older hip is impacted by what's going on with the newer one. Having all your info in one place gives us an opportunity to see the big picture.

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
Over the past few months I have been very active...cycling, ocean swimming and gardening. I've noticed at times some achy sensation in the posterior.
Tell me where this pain is using this chart
[Bonesmart.org] Old hip, new sensation!


I've assumed this is just a result of new muscle, stretching old ligaments ect.
"new muscle"? How do you figure that? Do you imagine that in our 40s or after surgery, we grow new muscles?!! It'll be neither of those things but my bet is that it's an inflammatory issue,
remebeting I had otto pelvis
I think you have some typos in this, Becky! I can't understand it!
Now I am at home recovering from my 2nd hip and worrying about infection!!!
Why are you worrying? You have any specific reason for being fearful of it?
 
Hi Josephine,

Pain is in T r2b and V r2b area. At times T r1F feels like a tight band.

I thought an increase in activity would lead to an increase in muscle fibres?

My condition is referred to as Otto Pelvis - bilateral acetabular protrusion. Diagnosed 20 yrs ago.

Why am I worried? Post op anxiety levels are high. A bit of catastrophic thinking perhaps. I'm just not sure if it's normal/ok to get new hip pain with an increase in activity?
 
Hi @beckylou
I think Josephine will check back.
Since she's in high demand let's tag her to be sure @Josephine
 
So early for you. Not sure you are describing "hip pain" but oh yes, the more I moved around, especially this early on there were new pains all places BUT hips.
I'm no medical expert by any means.
They traumatize all those muscles/ligaments and I think they kind of go into shock. Then you start moving them they complain...
Just my thoughts.
Too early to know what isn't hurting because of the surgery I think.
Try not to stress too much. Poor legs have been through it.
 
It's okay, Layla and others - I always watch threads I have posted questions in so you don't need to tag me too.
 
My condition is referred to as Otto Pelvis - bilateral acetabular protrusion. Diagnosed 20 yrs ago.
Oh gosh, really? I am always amazed that after 55 years I am still learning new things!
I thought an increase in activity would lead to an increase in muscle fibres?
That's when you're in serious fitness training as in, perhaps, the Olympics!
I'm just not sure if it's normal/ok to get new hip pain with an increase in activity?
No it's not and it's a sure sign that you are overdoing things.

[Bonesmart.org] Old hip, new sensation!


This pain spot is, in my opinion, clearly Piriformis syndrome
 
[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]. I️ am speechless that you were awake through such an ordeal. I’m definitely NOT that brave


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Oh my stars...think I'd be traumatized for life.
You are a brave one.
 
I thought so too but it actually calmed any anxieties about being in the OR. Was great to hear the team go about things. They were very high vibe!
 
If you say so...hope all is easing up.
 
I️ am speechless that you were awake through such an ordeal. I’m definitely NOT that brave
It's not like being the Marathon Man, you know! You should remember that lots of happy drugs are given in a situation like this.
See?
It was a piece of cake! I was high as a kite and giggly
 
@beckylou Where are you?
We miss you and would love an update on your progress...
Hope you're doing well!
 
Yoo-Hoo @beckylou where are you?
Missing your sunny wit :boohoo:
Hope all is well and you're just chillin
Two weeks today. I'll bet you're flipping cartwheels by now :spin::dancy:
 
Wish I was doing cartwheels!

2 weeks, 5 days update:
-not sleeping at night unless dosing on sleep aids. Arrrggghh
-walking 10 minutes 3x a day
-showering, making easy meals for myself and doing some general tidying.
-panadol and ibuprofen (daytime only)
-still icing.

Keeping busy crafting, reading, netflix and a few visitors. Have had kids farmed out most of the time.

Itching to drive!!!! Can't really understand why I can't given it's my left hip and I drive an automatic. See the ortho next week so will ask to get clearance.

Did the stairs in the reserve tonight and I can feel how much my fitness has gone down. Look forward to building strength again.

Other than that just trying to keep busy and not worry about every little ache and pain. It's a journey
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom