Guest viewing is limited

THR Old hip, new sensation!

Bruising and swelling completely normal. They did an amazing amount of cutting, pulling and replacement through a relatively small space, so no bruising and swelling would be abnormal! Google can be educational, but we can also find out everything in the world that can possibly ever go wrong. Just remember, most of these surgeries are very routine (at least for the medical staff), and while we all have variations in healing, we end up just fine! Sounds like you are doing just fine. Have a good day and if you can get outside for just a moment, do it!
 
What are you worried about? Maybe we can console you.. @beckylou
Googling can create freak outs :yikes: :sos: Stay away. :bignono:
You are a young healthy woman who's recovered from this once before. You'll do great!
It's nice to hear you're back home......so much more peaceful and relaxing.
Wishes for a wonderful day!
 
Good morning! Sunny day here in Hawkes bay. Just had coffee in the sun.

I had a headache and convinced myself, with the help of google, that it was related to the epidural. Then the headache passed....lol

My next google session was looking into rates of infection. Silly me.

I'm not doing anymore of that!

Good sleep, feeling better again today. Home alone so can read and relax all day.
 
'My next google session was looking into rates of infection. Silly me.' Haha snap!! Just been googling things that go wrong, just about to leave for last appt with surgeon before I pin myself down to a surgery date :scaredycat: Smacked wrists all round :)

Yes the sun is gorgeous.....could get used to this (sorry, everyone in the Northern Hemisphere! :wink: )
 
Danabanana got your headache :banghead: Poor thing....she's sad.
Happy to hear your feeling better and could get some quality R &R today.
Wishing you a great weekend @beckylou
 
Hahaha!

Quick question. My wound dressing consists of a layer of foamy stuff covered by 2 pieces of waterprooof tape. I can see the tape is not sealed where it ends (halfway across the wound). It wouldnt let water in but it would let air in. Is this ok?
 
Unfortunately I don't know about the dressing either as mine is just Mepore dressing tape...and it's more to keep the staples from catching on anything.
 
@MammaT......poetic justice has struck.....my surgery date has just been set for the end of March, which is usually when our weather turns......all you 'Northeners' will be looking forward to spring sunshine, budding trees and the promise of summer to come, so you will have your revenge :tada:
 
Glad you have a date, regardless of the weather! @beckylou - you could just add an extra cover if you are worried about it getting wet in shower.
 
I’ve have a water proof bandage or at least that’s what they call it. It bunches up where the hip bends and opens up a little. So when I shower I put a 4x4 bandage over that spot to keep water out then remove it to dry. Don’t want any water in there. My first bandage started falling off around day 5. Didn’t want water trapped in there.
 
Thanks gone again...sounds like we have the same scenario.

These little things seems quite anxiety inducing at night! Im not sure why but I recall this happening last op too.

Anxiety!
 
This question refers to my RTHR that was done in 2013.

Great recovery and imaging is unremarkable.

Over the past few months I have been very active...cycling, ocean swimming and gardening. I've noticed at times some achey sensation in the posterior. I won't say pain because it's more like a niggle.

In addition to this the soft tissue around the incision often feels niggly.

I've assumed this is just a result of new muscle, stretching old ligaments ect. My ROM has def continued to improve over the past 2 years....remebeting I had otto pelvis for 20 yrs before my op so things were TIGHT!

Now I am at home recovering from my 2nd hip and worrying about infection!!!
 
@beckylou
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Hi @beckylou
Wondering if the same surgeon operated on both hips?
Did you ask your OS's opinion about the new issues troubling you over the past few months?
If you're interested you could tag, Josephine, the Nurse Director who is highly qualified through many years of experience. She may have an opinion or advice to offer after asking a few questions.....
 
@Layla Thanks. It was the same OS and no haven't asked him as he did say on the xray it looked good.

@Josephine ..... any idea?

I can mention it to him when I see him again.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom