October Feisties - Are You Having Surgery In October 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jsnail i know how you feel as they cancelled mine for the 14th but only until the 25th. i hope it goes ok for you 2mrow and they give you the green light.

Good luck to the second weekers - look forward to your recovery threads on the other side - i must admit i woke up thinking its only 16 days away now and my stomach did i funny turn! not worried about the surgery but the recovery side its all sooo scary and exciting i'm not sure how i feel anymore just want it over with! so yes jsnail as you can see i totally sympathise with how you feel! :hairpulling::rolleyespink:
 
Good luck with your pre op snail, and fingers crossed it's gonna be done finally.
 
My surgery is tomorrow. I need to keep busy today or nerves will get the best of me. I'm so ready. Since stopping the Diclofenac in prep for surgery I'm so sore. My knees are more sore, my hip, my back, my shoulders. I didn't think the Diclofenac worked as good as it obviously does! I'll have my tablet at the hospital so I'll update soon after my surgery.
 
Sounds like this is your third major surgery this year. You're a Professional. You know what to expect. You know they will take good care of you. If it is at the same facility many of the people will remember you. I was surprised how many nurses remembered me from January.

If you can, try and get outside and get some fresh air for a while. I tried this last week before my surgery but it was high 40's and heavy misty rain. Yuk.

I wish you the best. You'll be fine.
 
Yes, the hospital staff remembered me the second time around. They were actually fighting over who got to come to my room because I'm so young compared to the other patients and they said I'm not grouchy like some of the others. I get more nervous about the IVs (I have tiny veins that are hard to find), the spinal, being away from home (I have children ages 11 and 17) - I just stress out easily. I'm excited for the hip to be fixed though as it is so painful right now. I do medical transcription from home so I'm going to pick up work early today so I can get it done before tomorrow so that will keep me busy this afternoon. This morning I plan to make some freezer meals and fresh cookies for the family and do a little cleaning.
 
mm fresh cookies!! that's one way to keep urself occupied! well just think this time next week it will all be over and you will be back home being pampered and feeling better its over. Good luck for 2mrow i hope it all goes well and to the family as well because i've realised my family is getting pretty nervous as well - my mother is more stressed out than me! :th_heehee:
 
I live half way across the US but I'm sure cookies could transport that far:snork:

I went out and bought Chips Ahoy. I cook, don't bake. Can't stand following a recipe.

Have a fresh cookie for me!
 
Good luck tpmorrow Idahomom! Hope you'll have a smooth recovery, and pls have a cookie for me.
 
Whoooo hoooo!!!!!
 
You go Jessica! Finally! Only three more days, and it'll be behind you. Wish you good luck, and fingers crossed for a smooth recovery.
 
Hi everyone,
Way to go Jess.:dancy:Great News!!! Will be checking out your post op. posts so see you there.:yahoo:
 
Hi everyone,
Way to go Jess:dancy: Great News:yahoo: I will be looking out for you in recovery so see you there. Idahomom, I keep thinking I,m sure I can smell those cookies cooking. I had my pre op yesterday and so far so good. ( It was at my pre op I was cancelled before. Now its just a wait for test results, so this week is a bit scary. Best wishes everyone.:thumb:
 
Hello, fellow feisties! My RTHR will be on October 28th. Today is my first official day off of work for the next three months :cheers_wine:so you all will be seeing a lot of me! Good luck to everyone. Jessica, I just read your blog and I guess you are probably on the opperating table as I am writing this. I can't wait to read about your recovery :friends:
 
Just heard this morning my tests are all ok so I am all set for Thursday. I am terrified and excited.:dancy:
 
Great news gizmo. Now just get distracted, maybe some last minute pampering? You'll be fine, and in a few days it will all be behind you. Good luck.
 
Well done gizmo! Renate is right - find something fun to do to take your mind off things. Not long now!
 
Just heard this morning my tests are all ok so I am all set for Thursday. I am terrified and excited.:dancy:

Gizmo, Good luck!

Ive not hear anything about my tests so I hope everything is ok. I'm scheduled for Friday!:hate-shocked:

Despite it being the second time in 6 months I'm still sh-t scared!!

Best wishes
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom