October Feisties - Are You Having Surgery In October 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck NYC Girl, Chef Huber and Michelle. Hope everything will go well for you:thumb:
 
Well. There's a chance I might not be a feisty either. I'll know on the 11th..and if I don't have surgery on the 14th, I already have a consult with a new surgeon lined up because I'm tired of being treated like garbage.
 
Hi Guys,sorry for not updating sooner my laptop has decided to go super slow so i lost patience with it , im using hubbies now. I did have a UTI and have been taking antibiotics for 7 days , i really hope that is the end of it as surgery is now only 5 days away(eek). Thank you for your well wishes and i will post on the other side when im home from the hospital.All the very best to you all Michelle. x
 
Jess, it must be so hard not knowing where you are with your op at the moment. Lets just hope there is some good news ahead. It is incredibly hard to lose weight when you've not got your mobility- it will be so much easier afterwards. I am so looking forward to walking, swimming and cycling again. At the moment the more I do the more I hurt and even houseworks a struggle. I haven't been able to swim since before the summer as my left leg just drags now. I can imagine how you must feel as I'm dreading another cancellation. Even if your op doesn't come this month however you must keeplooking ahead and believing it will come soon. Well done on having a back up plan. Being pro active will help you feel in control at a time when so much feels out of control. Feeling angry and all the range of emotions is ok too but if you need to ( and heres hoping op goes ahead and you dont need to) give most of your energy and focus to your back up plan so that you can move on and not get stuck in the emotional arena for too long, as that could be really draining.
All the best
Gizmo
 
:Good luck Chef from OZ girl smja

Take care, thinking of you for the 4th :yay:
 
Best wishes to all the first week October feisties. Not much longer now. Looking forward to your reports in the recovery area
 
Good luck chef huber and michelle44 i hope all goes well for you - im sending you lots of postive vibes for a speedy recovery! look forward to hearing from you on the recovery side!

:thumb:
 
:friends::friends: Good luck to all of us October Feisties. :friends::friends:
 
I figured an updated list for October is in order since we start surgeries tomorrow. Ladies and Gentlemen, good luck, we're all here for you! Make sure you update us as soon as possible after your surgeries. We'll be waiting for news!

1. NYCGirl 3 Oct 11
2. ChefHuber 4 Oct 11
3. Michelle44 5 Oct 11
4. Okie408 11 Oct 11
5. Idahomom 11 Oct 11
6. JSnail89 14 Oct 11
7. smja 19 Oct 11
8. Gizmo 20 Oct 11
9. DaveGM 21 Oct 11
10. Neshym 25 Oct 11
11. Nannyles 26 Oct 11
12. Aileen 28 Oct 11
13. Pauline 31 Oct 11

Good luck to everyone! And today, a special good luck to NYCgirl today. I'll be keeping everyone in my thoughts! :yahoo::dancy::yay::happy dance::grouphug2:

That's enough smilies eh? (I'll let you know if I'm actually getting my surgery. I'll know on the 11th.)
 
Hi! October 5th is the first of my 4 scheduled Total joint replacements (Both hips and both knees) for the year! Every one assures me that by the time I hit replacement #3 it will be no big deal, I am not so sure that surgery should ever be considered "no big deal" But I can hardly wait for the pain to be gone!
 
Good luck redbed, your day is almost here!
And Jessica, way to go with the list:thumb:. I keep my fingers crossed that you'll go under the knife as scheduled. How are the leggings coming along? You want to look stylish once you shuffle down the hall:th_heehee:
 
. How are the leggings coming along? You want to look stylish once you shuffle down the hall:th_heehee:

Ah Renate. The leggings with the hip joint is a no go, but I did get some herringBONE leggings. I mean the pun makes it almost as good right?!? :hysterical: Maybe I can crochet a hip joint...I'm learning to crochet. :yes 4:
 
Hi everyone

Early morning of he 4 Oct here in OZ, 4:52 am. Couldn't sleep, hungry and thinking of NYCGirl, so watched GM America for a while.

Thanks Jessica for updating the list, redbedhead has joined the Oct list for the 5th I would update the list but it is hard to do on my IPad whilst working under he covers trying to not wake up hubby hehe:

Crocheting is such fun Jessica, I plan to get some knitting project going during rehab, want to make cardigan jacket, hat and scarf for next winter.

I see my OS tonight at 6 pm, hope to get more infor regarding my newly diagnosed chronic kidney disease etc.. Wish me luck.

The alarm will go off soon, just when I feel like snuggling down for some sleep after my midnight snack, but no rest, 4 more days of work this week, then a ling weekend, then 2 days on a IT Security Auditor course and then I am finished with work all being well for three months.

Yes, here we all go, surely a record for one month 14 HR.

Bye from OZ
 
Was toodles also scheduled for early October?

Does anyone know?

I'm starting to get anxious now despite having been though it all before!
 
:dancy: :happy dance: :wubroses: :grouphug2: Best wishes to all the October Hippie Feisties!!! May you all be kicking up your heels with aplomb very soon! Looking forward to hearing from each of you on the other side :thumb:
 
Re: October Feisties - Are You Having Surgery In October 2011?
My surgery for the19 Oct has been cancelled due to issues with my kidneys (refer eGFR) thread for the story.

Good luck October Feisties, I am going to be with each and everyone of you in the operating theatre guiding your surgeons hands and watching over the Anaethetist to make sure you are all safe.

I know that you WILL have good outcomes, don't be scared or frightened you have the girl from OZ looking after each and everyone of you.

Lots of love.
__________________
RTHR due 19 Oct 11
 
Good luck october feisties - i will keep checking every day for your progress. Isnt it exciting and nerve wracking at the same time - boy who thought you could go through so many emotions in such a short space of time! thinking of you all. :friends::dancy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom