October Feisties - Are You Having Surgery In October 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck gizmo and Dave - Aussie girl barracking for you :)
 
Hi All hippies,
My L THR is scheduled for 31st October, Halloween ( though we usually dont celebrate that in Oz). I am 42, single mum and was diagnosed with DDH 22 years ago when I started nursing following pain which xrays showed a cyst and small fracture. I have known all these years that I would need a THR and have managed to put it off by exercise and from changing from hospital work to community nursing which I love. Anyway now is the time, constant pain, permanent limp and have been struggling at work this year. Anyway kids are older now and will be able to help. I am taking 14 weeks off work, 2 to get house and myself ready prior to surgery. I am not looking forward to the surgery at all and am well aware of whats involved. I am focussing on improving each day and not continuing to deteriorate. I have assisted many patients post op both in the community and when I used to work in rehab. Not much fun being the patient but I am starting to learn to accept help and the joy (NOT) of arranging equipment for myself and not others.
I have had the odd look and post at this forum, generally havent had much time though, now i am off work I hope to be here more often. Good luck to all awaiting surgery and well done to those through to rehab and the rest of their lives.
Cheers
Pauline
 
Hi Pauline great to hear from you.

You so deserve the time off to devote to your own health and quality of life for the future.

Soon no limp, soon that constant pain will be gone, just healing and rehab and that has got to be better.

Take care, thinking of you.
 
Hi Pauline! Great you joined the October group!

You focus on improving will go a long way as you well know. I look forward to hearing more from you!
 
Hi,
Thanks for the goodwishes everyone, much appreciated. Dave I'll come back and reassure you after my op hopefully- for now I'd better go get my bags packed as we are travelling to get closer to the hospital tonight as its an early start tomorrow.
 
Hi All hippies,
My L THR is scheduled for 31st October, Halloween ( though we usually dont celebrate that in Oz).

Seriously no Halloween? Is it just an American thing? Silly me thinking that the entire world does it. Then again..it's a lovely holiday. But, in OZ it will be Pauline's Shiny New Hippoween!:yahoo:
 
HIPPO-WEEN......I love it!!!
 
Maybe it is because they always dress and talk funny and don't need one day for it:scratch:?

"We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of ....".
 
:yay: Yeah Gizmo! We look forward to your updates on the other side!
 
It's nearly the end of the month, well done to all who have got to the other side. All the best to those still to go :)

Well, they have changed my date from the 28th to tomorrow the 25th so I am going to make the other side earlier than I thought. See you there :dancy:
 
Hi Everyone

well i went in yesterday bright and early, got my wrist band along came the consultant and said oh no you've got a cough we can't operate and they cancelled ! He wasnt very happy that the pre-op nurse hadnt contacted him on friday and said he was very disapointed because he was looking forward to it - he even told me had all his equipement delivered a few days ago and was eager to do this one (me!) as it looked interesting!!

Anyway they said they will try and get me back in end of november so its not that long to wait hopefully however my thigh bone now feels like it is going to snap in half, it is very painful to walk and i am hobbling around with a walking stick :cry:
 
Oh, Neshym

I can so totally relate to how you are feeling. Cancellations are the pits! I have had three...

Hang in there with any luck, we may both be November
Nimbles :sleep:

Goodnight from OZ
 
Hey Chef,

how you doing buddy?

Has your sleep pattern improved?
 
So sorry Neshym. Look after the cough and your health now. Maybe they'll have a cancellation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom