Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Och a wee set back

Friday and nearly completed my first week been fine and I am looking forward to the weekend. Quiet for me but have picked up a couple of things next week. Onwards and Upwards

Billy
 
That's my second week in so far so good and my team leader has agreed for me to do another week on shorter hours working afternoons only. Time to loose some weight though have piled the pounds on over the past three months started the cut back Saturday lets see how long it lasts.
 
Hi Forbesy
Sounds like your boss is being eminently reasonable. The dreaded weight though .... nothing I can say except good luck!! x
 
Hi Forbesy
Sounds like your boss is being eminently reasonable. The dreaded weight though .... nothing I can say except good luck!! x

Hi Karen determined that I will get my weight loss into gear and aiming for a stone to begin with I will get there.
 
I am impressed! Let us know how it goes. It must have a huge impact on our hips. i have done things the opposite way round from you. I ate sensibly and lost weight 3months before and three months after op. I thought this would be for ever BUT now 4 months post op i am, eating ..... and eating ... and eating. Every day i say i am going to get a grip and then, a cake, some sweets, large meal etc. i really must sort this out as i am sure if i put on weight it will be significant for my hip X
 
Fantastic support from your workplace Billy - I am thrilled for you:)
 
Hi @forbesy Great that you can work shorter hours for bit longer, ease in gradually! And good luck with the weight, I know my knee (next candidate for titanium!) would be less painful if I lost a few pounds but it's difficult. My downfall is bread - white, brown, seeded, wheat, rye..............! And real butter, of course. So I try not to buy any but I can resist everything except temptation! We do have a healthy diet of lean meat, fish and lots of fresh fruit and veg since I retired and have time to cook from scratch.
I'm going to Slimming World tomorrow, have missed a few weeks (and it shows!) and I need the incentive of paying, not wasting money!
Take care, best wishes from sunny Kent (at the moment!)
Anne
 
Cheers annie I work in a large office where lots of woman bring in baking and we have some nice bakers so temptation is always on hand. I do love fish and had some sea bass fillets last night that were mouth watering.
My problem is snacking between meals and keeping away from the bakers around the corner. I need something to focus on and I am going to a wedding at the end of the month and I don't expect I will lose that much but will focus on getting into my clothes that bit better.
Best wishes from rainy Edinburgh.

Poppet
Thanks for that I will be checking on it from time to time.

Billy
 
It was rainy up there too? We had fearsome rain and winds, all bitterly cold. Yet today it was baking!

Oops, shouldn't mention baking!
 
Oops, shouldn't mention baking!

I have been a good boy today Josephine someone brought in a huge chocolate cake, not one piece touched my lips honest I had a lovely oat cake instead :blackcloud:
 
_ waves fudge doughnut around

Legin THR Sep 14
 
_ waves fudge doughnut around

Legin THR Sep 14

Very funny Legin, sorry folks not been in sooner as I am about to move house hopefully in two weeks so have been busy filling boxes and cases and whatever I can get my hands on and about 40 trips down the tip as I am moving into a smaller house.
Back working full time now but with understanding I can go home if I feel tired and have nothing on. Had a whole load of holidays to take and although I have taken 3 weeks staggered up until the end of October my team leader has stipulated I have to take the rest.
With having little work on my return as other workers picked up my cases I have decided to take all the mondays off until the end of October which means I will be on a 4 day week. :thumb: This again was agreed by my team leader as she thought it would be good for me as well. I really can't moan about the help I have received at work.:wow:
 
What a wonderful supportive workplace @forbesy - very refreshing! I am very pleased for you. Do take care with all that packing, bending, twisting, lifting etc. It takes its toll. :)
 
What a wonderful supportive workplace @forbesy - very refreshing! I am very pleased for you. Do take care with all that packing, bending, twisting, lifting etc. It takes its toll. :)

Don't worry Poppet have booked a company to do the removal on the day and my son and daughter have taken a day off to help at the other end as well and my daughters husband has agreed to lay carpets when we move in, My other son is florring the attic and I have an electrician and plumber lined up also.
Not intending to overdo things.
 
Wahoo... You are wonderfully organized and supported Billy. Having recently gone through a huge relocation doing it ourselves I am so aware of the energy drain house moving can descend on one :)
 
Are you moving to the right side of the Forth?

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Are you moving to the right side of the Forth?

Legin THR Sep 14


Sorry Legin although my wife would have loved to move to Burntisland I am only moving up the road to my wee but and ben in Bonnyrigg.

Josephine this is a shorter version of the letter I got back below.

Anyway got my letter back from my complaint to the NHS about what seemed a faulty hip. ( No change there then ) Besides saying my weight was a big factor they advised Prostheses have different lengths of stem that are inserted into the femur, or long bone of the leg. I had a short stem inserted because of the construction of my femur.
It is often associated with weight issues and a body mass index [BMI] of greater than 40 where the normal measure would be 20-25 ???, because of my weight and because of the need for a narrow stem as a result of the construction, this means that not only is the reconstructive surgery difficult it is possible that I could suffer another fracture. :blackcloud:
I appreciate you have spoken to others and have consulted a website but each patients circumstances are different and Mr Burnett was trying to explain the circumstances to you :no-fin:. I am very sorry it came over as being impudent or lacking respect. [ Or maybe he is still trying to change the light bulb in the ward ]:skep:

Billy
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom