Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Och a wee set back

she asked If I wanted a complaints form
I bet she did! Have you spoken to a soliciter yet?
She stressed I should attend a physio
But forbesy, who was the woman you told you this? I bet she was only a secretary!
You're only 6 weeks out yet. Plenty of time to get tuned up with the walking. Definitely no exercising.
 
I bet she did! Have you spoken to a soliciter yet?

But forbesy, who was the woman you told you this? I bet she was only a secretary!
You're only 6 weeks out yet. Plenty of time to get tuned up with the walking. Definitely no exercising.

Hi Josephine

She was an Othapedic Arthroplasty Practitioner. Alarm bells started going through my head when she discussed a physio as one or two people on here have had set backs with attending a physio to early. I felt with me constantly questioning her about my hip she was keen to discuss other things, that's when she handed me the complaints form.
I was talking to a work colleague who was a mid wife in a job before and she thought physio was a tad early and felt I would be better going to a swimming pool and doing some gentle walking in water to help build up my muscles which I feel is a better idea.
Got an appointment at the RIE but might just give it a miss and go with the swimming pool.


Have you spoken to a soliciter yet?

Spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and they asked me to try and find out if the hip had been sent away for testing. When I called back to discuss this with the surgeons secretary she gave me his explanation for the cause of the break and low and behold he has me down as clinicaly obese.
So I have taken great delight hanging back to hear his remarks and savaged him in my complaint which I will hand into NHS Lothian complaints scheme.

On a brighter note d day today will try out behind the wheel and will have a soothing soak.
 
oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees what a soak couple cans of stella as well must go down as one of the best baths I have ever had. started driving today which is a bonus and took the girl I have in care and hers sister to see Duff an american comedy film about teenagers acutally not to bad and quite funny at times.

Billy
 
You're freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! How fantastic!

But gosh, if even a midwife can tell it's too soon for physio, so much for the orthopaedic arthroplasty practitioner! LOL
 
Went to the swimming pool today for a half an hour walk back and forward in the pool and feeling quite good but when she told me the price I thought Jeezo swimming prices have went up.
 
Hello @forbesy
Haven't heard from you recently. How are you? Any news?
I went swimming today with 4 yr old grandson. It was tiring as I was following him around the pool, "rescuing him' from older kids, from slides etc.

Hope to hear from you
Karen
 
Hello @forbesy
Haven't heard from you recently. How are you? Any news?
I went swimming today with 4 yr old grandson. It was tiring as I was following him around the pool, "rescuing him' from older kids, from slides etc.

Hope to hear from you
Karen

Hi Copsham

Thanks for enquiring, feeling reasonable and was walking back in the pool yesterday
 
Sorry didn't get that finished, spent about half an hour in the pool and really feel the benefit. Looking to possibly to return to work three weeks from today but will go to the pool twice a week.

Billy
 
Hi Forbesy
Every time I see someone mention work I shudder . I retired 3 years ago and became increasingly incapacitated by my hip. The thought of going back as some do after 4,6,8 weeks is my idea of hell. I forget what it is like, actually enjoying work or at least needing/wanting the wages! I guess you will be 3 months by then so hope it goes well for you. All the best
Copsham x
 
I weigh in at 290 lbs. My OS told me losing weight would make life easier in recovery but specifically told me the artificial hips he uses are rated to hold far more than I weigh and that the only worry, if any, is it could reduce the longevity of the contact surfaces a little bit.

I'm pretty sure I'd be heading to court.
 
Hi Forbesy
Every time I see someone mention work I shudder . I retired 3 years ago and became increasingly incapacitated by my hip. The thought of going back as some do after 4,6,8 weeks is my idea of hell. I forget what it is like, actually enjoying work or at least needing/wanting the wages! I guess you will be 3 months by then so hope it goes well for you. All the best
Copsham x

Cheers Copsham. I am now going into week 11 and am feeling ok. The hospital came and took away my crutches, toilet seat and settee supports. Really noticed the difference at first with the settee but I am fine now. Was swimming without using my legs, breast stroke in the water, managed a few breadths and it felt funny.

Torment, hope everything is fine. Sure it will be. Mine looks like it was a fault and is in the hands of the solicitors.
 
Hi @forbesy
How are you doing?
did you survive in the rugged world of work??
Hope all is well

Karen x
 
Hi @forbesy
How are you doing?
did you survive in the rugged world of work??
Hope all is well

Karen x


Hi Karen

Not quite back to work yet should have returned tomorrow but extended the sick line up until the end of the week and will go back Monday, I have had a discussion with my team leader and she agreed to the same terms as the last time if I am feeling tired in the afternoon and I have no work I can go home which worked out for me. Feeling ok and will go to the pool today for my wee walk. Hope you are doing ok Karen and take care.

Billy x
 
Hello Forbesy just noticed that tha also is in Scotland good luck with work.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Cheers Legin nice to have a fellow Scot there were four or five of us the last time I got the hip done. Kilda Liz, Cappy from the west myself and the Haggis whisperer from Midlothian ?. Where do you bide Legin.

Billy
 
Im the ex home of T in the Park
Kinross. I used to do a lot of work your way. Grand day here im om wash load 2 and 2 to go.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good to hear @forbesy we seem to be nearly getting there! I am mostly fine with little blips but surprisingly am very happy not to go back to work having recently retired. Your boss sounds good. When I was young "old" people, in their fifties, who worked in the same council as me were given easier, non front line jobs, assisting with research, assisting in departmental library etc now it is work in the front line till you drop.

Hope Monday goes well for you x
 
Jeezo you aren't that far away I do some work in the Kingdom Dumfy and spent some time in Cowden next time I pass I will give ye a big wave. Eh enjoy the washing thank god I can't work the new machine. :thumb:

Billy
 
Chortle, if you are ever in Kinross cuppa always available.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Cheers Legin will wait and see where I get sent but might just hold you to that cuppa.

Karen thanks for your concern much appreciated enjoy your retirement pity they changed the goalposts for retiring in the UK. Keep the swimming going as it will help and I am off at 12 to the pool.

Billy
 
Back
Top Bottom