Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Och a wee set back

@forbesy thats a bit of a straight to the point type of letter or what!! Plonkers..

My knees go stiff and achy after walking about or standing up for a while, apparently post op stuff. Mine wears off after a bit too.

Good luck with the hosp, and take your request for the medical notes etc while you are there !!! :snork: x
 
Sorry to hear about your knee. That must have been so difficult with house move even though you have great support!

The letter - More than frosty - I think devious are they are trying to trick you in to saying "all fine no problem" and they would hold this against you if any claim were made. Do you think that they just want more info including X-ray? I am so paranoid I think I would write to them asking if all hip patients have this lack of input to their follow up appointments and that you may have questions to ask of them at this appointment. Also a five month review??? I would def ask for a copy of my file !!

@Josephine is best to advise. You may need to ignore my paranoid thinking.
 
I disagree. To me it's a perfectly standard letter. There is no need for any niceties because it's just a letter of an appointment to see an Orthopaedic Practitioner. Perfectly usual and a proforma letter to boot. The individual you will see is unlikely to know anything at all about your legal issues and quite right too - it's none of his/her business!
 
As I said paranoid me - you have been there you know!
 
Dont worry folks I had a letter already written out to send but after your latest info it's time to write up another version.:thumb:
 
It sounds to me like OS time is pressured so get you in have it xrayed then the pic can be reviewed and if action is needed it will be. Not right in my opinion as it totally negates the holistic approach to recovery and assessment.
That's why I am.so impressed with the chronic pain clinic at any one time I have three drs from diff Dept's.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
It sounds to me like OS time is pressured so get you in have it xrayed then the pic can be reviewed and if action is needed it will be. Not right in my opinion as it totally negates the holistic approach to recovery and assessment.
You're all reading far too much into this. It's standard procedure for an orthopaedic practioner - who was formerly probably an orthopaedic nurse or operating department practitioner with extended training - to see post-op joint replacement patients for routine review and check xrays. Most hospitals are doing this now as it frees up the standard clinics for the surgeons to see either new patients or more complex post-op cases. An excellent deployment of these staff members, actually and goes some way to reduce waiting times for new patients.
 
Been for my check up at hospital and they checked my left knee looks like It's on it's way out now and have been told to lose a bit of weight to help compensate. Overall I feel not to bad and I am coping reasonable even though I have been updated with this new news.
I got a letter back telling me of the costs should I want any update re the op and another letter today apologising for it taking longer than anticipated to collate all the information. Probably writing another version up to cover their bahookie.
Honest I haven't deserted you I just have so much to do to this house I have little spare time to rest.
Hope everyone is healing fine and take things easy

Billy
 
Good to hear from you @forbesy ! Bad news about your knee. Hope it's not too painful. Please keep us updated.
 
Aye, good to hear from you, pal! Keep up the good fight!
 
Hi folks so sorry I haven't bee in sooner, I moved into my new house on the 1st July and never really got much done as my wife's father who was in a care home started to become very ill in late July early August, When I went to meet up with the wife he looked dreadful and we were informed he had three maybe four days at most.
This went on for days which turned into weeks which became very draining my wife up at hospital from early morning or midday until late at night, Tam was a strong man and eventually passed on the 21st of September and was cremated on the 9th October as a couple of family members were abroad on holiday. A man amongst men who served in 2 Para and had a spell in the SAS. Tam is sadly missed and my wife is having sleepless nights.

I am doing ok and have picked up from where I left off in July stripping paper and painting I have managed to get people in to do my back and front gardens so I am concentrating on the inside of the house to make it a bit better.
As for me I have made slow progress and don't feel confident on stairs but hey ho life must go on.
As for the complications with the hospital Josephine I followed your advice and did get info to release my operation info but didn't reply at first as I had far to much to deal with they called me a couple of days ago asking why I hadn't replied and apologised for the loss of my father in law. They have sent me the forms to fill out again so I can get the case notes from the op so I will do this over the next couple of days.

Hope everyone is healing well and are managing to get on with their lives big hugs all the way from Scotland

Billy
 
Hi Billy

I'm sorry to hear the sad news about your wife's father, it's been quite an eventful year for you. I'm glad to read that you've someone to do your gardens, it's hard going at the best of times, never mind with a new hip or knee.

Please take care. A slow recovery is better than no recovery. Big hugs from the foggy midlands!!!
 
Cheers Nana moon promise I will be careful and hope you are doing well. Foggy in Edinburgh town today which was weird as when I left Bonnyrigg it was clear. ??????
 
I'm doing okay now thanks Forbesy. Mine was a very slow recovery but now I'm getting there albeit slowly but definitely improving! Weird how it's more foggy in some areas and clear in others. I know it's always worse near water x
 
You take care Nana moon nice to hear from you { I will be back }

Billy
 
@forbesy So very sorry to read about Tam's passing. You shared so much about him here. Condolences to you and your wife.

Do get those op notes - if only to confirm in your own mind what happened. Take care!
 
@forbesy Thinking of you, Billy - lost my dad just 2 years ago, 93 year old Desert Rat, Burma and Italy veteran (7th Hussars but tanks not horses!) and it knocks you sideways. It seems as if they will always be there for us. He never really recovered from losing Mum the year before, they were inseparable - the Welsh lad who moved into lodgings in London in 1937 opposite the Irish family with a pretty teenage daughter.......! He went off to war in early 1940 and only came back from abroad in January 1945 but she was waiting. I'm sure they are still together.
We have 2 more grandchildren - both girls, 3 of each now - since, life goes on.
Take care of yourself, not easy with a house move as well - that will all come right in the end, so long as you have a working kitchen and bathroom and somewhere to sleep and sit down (remember that, having a rest?) then you will survive! Glad you have help with the gardens.
I'm now waiting to have a shoulder sorted - I'm just wearing out - I just hope that goes as well as my hip did, 3 years this month.
Big hugs from deepest Kent!
Anne
 
Back
Top Bottom