Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Och a wee set back

Pea soup here too mate. It really does weird things to sound when out and about.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @forbesy Bill,
I was very please to get the message in my mailbox that you posted again and read your update. So sorry you lost your father-in-law. And I believe the house is a lot of work. Glad you get help with house & garden. Maybe wall-papering and painting will keep you physically and mentally fit. You will find, you'll probably lose weight during these activities - I always do when I do refurbishing work on our house. And that's exercise enough. As Josephine says you don't need any physical therapy exercise or other hard exercise when you do productive physical work. I wish you all the best for your new house. I suppose you don't have a lot of time following up your legal affairs concerning the disaster with the artificial hip but do hope you'll see success in the end - even though it might take a long time. - Best wishes from foggy Germany
Constanze
 
Oh my! @Constanze It's foggy in Germany too? I was going to say it's been foggy all over the UK. Where's it all come from, I ask!

@forbesy my condolences also. It certainly does take it out of you when you have to stand a long vigil like that. But it has to be done and I bet you're grateful you did it.

I am also very very pleased you got that information. Sometimes you have to have persistence in these things.
Let's hope you can now get down to putting your case together.

Well it was good to hear from you and know you are doing well. :flwrysmile:
 
@forbesy my sympathy to your wife and you-- as Jo said, a long vigil, and well done.
I'm also very glad to hear you got that info-- very interested in what you can do with it.
Happy nesting! Do stop now and then for a pint or two.... :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hi Jacey and Annie


Thanks for your thoughts Annie your dad was a true hero a desert rat always used to imagine being one of the when I played soldiers as a young boy !!! Hope you get your shoulder sorted out soon.

Billy
 
Josephine thank you hopefully once I have everything and pass it on things will happen.

Zauborflote right now I could do with a couple of pints. :wink:
 
Constanze thank you for your reply another weekend another papaer stripping project but we are starting to see the woods through the trees, just cut up some fence posts and stained them and sanded a door.

Legin how is my fellow Jock and have been thinking of you lately as my work is taking me to Lochgelly just now which Isn't a million miles from you get the kettle on. Was in their Centre a week past Wednesday and was impressed with their theatre.

Billy
 
since I'm new, here, been reading other people's threads in order to learn about everyone else in these forums. @forbesy, seems like 2015 just has NOT been your year and that Mr. Murphy, with his laws of distress, has picked you as one of his victims! I do think someone along the way is hiding lots of information and I hope you can get the info about the origin of that hip replacement that was obviously faulty! I've learned a lot about how medical stuff is done across the pond by reading these forums, and so my own adventures with hip stuff has lead to me gaining more knowledge. Since my ancestry through my birth mother is Scottish, I'm feeling a sort of link to you and to Legin. I wish you good fortune on your recovery from the hip surgery, and I think it's wonderful you're doing exercising in a pool. Please know my thoughts and well wishes are with you for your case, your house renovations, and my condolences to you on the loss of your father in law. May 2016 be a much better year for you than has this one! Oh, and I'm not yet drinking, again, because of meds, so please have a Stella for me. Heck, let's all have a virtual beer of our taste, right now, and make a toast for all of us to go onward and upward!! :cheers:
 
Hip surprise thanks for your valuable support that virtual beer just turned into a nice cool Carlsberg going down a treat. :thumb:


Billy
 
Hi folks popped in to say things haven't being going to well and at this time of the year hate to fill my message with sadness. After the loss of my father in law my wife learnt about the loss of her brother which wasn't passed on, my wife has been inconsolable. I also lossed a friend who I worked with in Royal Mail then my son in laws grandfather passed two weeks before xmas. Hence the reason I haven't been about.
On a more cheerier note I everyone had a nice Christmas and will have a fab New Year thinking of you all from Scotland.

Josephine I finally got my op notes sent to me about a week ago and will pass them on don't even try and ask me to make sense of them I will leave that to the solicitors.

Billy
 
Oh my, you poor chap. What a litany of loss you have had. My condolences and sympathy.
I finally got my op notes sent to me about a week ago and will pass them on don't even try and ask me to make sense of them I will leave that to the solicitors.
Oh I do so wish I could look at them for you! Just to make sure they get the right interpretation. But they should have medics who can do that as well.
 
@forbesy It's always nice to hear from you but I am so sorry for your loss. I hope 2016 is a better year for you and your family! Take care!
 
Jacey and Josephine thanks for the thoughts just trying to concentrate on other things at the moment, to be honest can't wait to see the back of 2015. will check in later to see all you lovely people.

Billy
 
Hi folks sorry I have been away for such a long time my missus hasn't been well and after her loss went into depression which I have to admit I didn't see coming that and her COPD condition hasn't helped, but a big thank you to all the help she has received to get over this Bonnyrigg Community Hospital has really helped so we have turned a corner and hence feel the need to come back and help all the fabulous folk I have missed. A great site with great people. If I have missed anything of concern can I get a wee update please. I am keeping fairly well and fell on my bahookie at dog training tonight gasps but everything appears to be fine.
 
Oh and on a more cheeriar note my daughter Laura gave birth to a wee girl Macey coming up for three months and doing ok after a blimp with feeding as she has reflux and colic problems as did both her boys. This cheered the wife right up
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Forbesy,
A quick "look in" for a trip down memory lane. I haven't looked in for a while and lovely to see some old names. My hip, touch wood has been going well, and no signs of needing second one done. You certainly have been through the wars since we last spoke on Bonesmart, lets hope you and your family have turned a corner now and have got good times to come.
 
Back
Top Bottom