Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Och a wee set back

Well certainly nothing like 500lbs! To be honest, I have no idea though I have read a number of peer reviewed articles on the subject! broken link removed: https://www.boneandjoint.org.uk/highwire/filestream/11717/field_highwire_article_pdf/0/157.full-text.pdf - perhaps you can interpret it better than I!
 
No, I couldn't gather much from that study either. Certainly would be interesting to know how these modern hip materials measure up to the human anatomy. I never would have thought about this without seeing the OP's disastrous x-rays. We all hope that was an extremely rare failure.
 
Hi @forbesy , How are you getting on? Hope everything is fine with your new new hip and no more mishaps. Your story sounds terrible. I'm so sorry. Saying it's the weight. What a cheek. Hope you will get some compensation. How is it going with the solicitor? Will there be legal action. I'm very interested in a follow-up and hearing from you again. Good luck and all the best. Sending best wishes to Scotland.
 
Hi Constanze

The solicitor is deciding the best way forward and is pretty sure that they would have not kept a hold of the broken hip, his honest opinion was that once they become involved the hospital will start to point the big finger as they will not want to accept any responsibility for the damaged hip and that is when they will put pressure on the company who actually made it in the first place but I may have to fill out a complaints form of some kind before any of this can go ahead apparently.
Don't think this will be resolved for quite a while and the chap representing me is still discussing what the way forward will be with his the person in charge of his department. Hope everything is ok with you Constanze take care.

Billy
 
Dear Billy,
Thank you for asking and the good wishes. My hip is fine. I hope you are also recovering well and that in the end everything will be resolved for you despite all the complications. Take good care as well - best wishes - Constanze
 
his honest opinion was that once they become involved the hospital will start to point the big finger as they will not want to accept any responsibility for the damaged hip and that is when they will put pressure on the company who actually made it in the first place
They can't blame the hospital, it's nothing to do with them or the surgeon. There is nothing they could have done to foresee such a catastrophic event and nothing they could have done about it either.
 
Totally agree Josephine but it appears that they have to start with the hospital as they don't know the company that made the hip in the first place, funny I was just thinking about that how many companies actually make them. !!!!!

Billy
 
I have been missing in action for a little while Billy, but so sorry to read that youu now have to add the complexities of a legal case to your recovery. Take good care of yourself, physically, mentally and emotionally and of course my favorite topic - your nutritional needs x
 
Hi Poppet

Big hugs from Scotland and hope you are ok, don't worry about being missing everyone needs a wee break form time to time. Promise to eat my vegetables and back to work tomorrow.
Have treated this recovery completely different as I haven't done much walking except in water [ total rest ] so I will probably feel it when I return to work.

Billy
 
Watch out for that infamous 'energy drain' when you return to work Billy xx
 
Billy ( that's GOT to be a Rangers man)
hang in there Bro.....Hibs next....no chance :)

John

Lanarkshire
 
I was just thinking about that how many companies actually make them.
Well it's true there are lots of companies that make hip replacements but each type will only be made by ONE company. Don't quite know how you'd do it, but the theatre sister would be the person to ask!
 
Well went back to work and thought it would be the same routine as last time I would slide off if I had no work in the afternoon. I'm afraid my team leader lay down the law and explained I would only work afternoons for the next two weeks and we would assess it from there, she also put a stop to any long car journeys and any of my colleagues wanting me to cover any work had to be ran by her first.
Went to watch my grandson play football tonight and purchased a walking stick from the chemist to lean on and after standing for 90 minutes it was my right leg that was giving me a wee bit pain fine now though.

Billy
 
Hi @forbesy Was your work place response done from a position of concern for you?
 
Hi @forbesy Was your work place response done from a position of concern for you?

Yep my team leader is determined I have at least two weeks on shorter hours to help break me in gently. She sent out an e-mail to warn the staff to e-mail her and include me in so she could check what they were trying to give me there is a queue forming already.

Billy
 
How great to have that support I was a bit worried initially that it was too autocratic. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
 
Cheers Karen went to the pool this morning and have to admit by mid afternoon I felt pretty shattered but came back to life about 4sh.

Billy
 
Well tell your Team leader I am in awe of her! Definitely a dyed-in-the-wool BoneSmartie!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom