Newbie saying hello and asking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
bottomshollow Littlejem and other peeps, here goes then. This song is called Sunday Afternoon from our new album All The Good Friends. The photos are from those that played on the album and the lovely people who follow us round the country. It's a sad song about what would go through your mind if you were given a final day ( hip pain must make me a sad writer) it features Fairport Convention who play on it . Now you know what I do in my time :)
 
Oh wow that is such a lovely song and a fantastic voice, I assume you are Carolyn? As you say, now we know what you get up to and it's pretty dam special, no wonder you are keen not to miss too much time. :)
 
Poppet Oh bless you, I will write a song for you hippies. I can do it when I'm off having my surgery and will make it a happy one :) We also have Bev Bevan from ELO on the album as well, it's been fun to make but twelve moths of hard graft. Because of promoting it round the country, I've been fretting about keeping the pain at bay x
 
Thanks, Poppet!!!

RedShoe.....what a beautiful and and emotional song. I loved it!!! I do hope you could write something happy for all our BoneSmarties. We would be sooooo honored!!! In the meantime, please do feel free to post other YouTube videos of your songs. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say we'd love an encore performance!! If you like, you can start a "song thread" in the Social Forum that would be easy for folks to find when they want to have a listen.
 
We have lots on YouTube, some of me singing on one leg ( I'm known for it ) :spin:
 
I spent time reading your website last night.. Magic!

I love 'Ring around the Land'.. and... and... Well I just love your voice... Taking my iPad to work, to listen, it will be like having my BS friends with me all day... Catch you tonight, hugs from down under x Red Shoes
 
Poppet thank you once again and happy you like my music. Singing and writing are the two things I can do, even though my body is falling apart. I shall start a music and song thread in the social part of the site :) My pain has been really bad today and I saw my new knee consultant. He was wonderful and so kind. He thinks my leg will take the weight of having my hip done, on the opposite leg. After reading my through my notes he said it needed doing ASAP. He also said I need a new knee but that can wait for another time. The groin pain has become worse and sitting down hurts so much. I'm not sleeping well and this is making me a grouch. I shall be writing grumpy songs next :groan: xx
 
Red Shoe, I can wait to participate in your thread in the social room.. My hubby listened to several of your songs and was very complimentary.

Have you tried using ice packs on your groin pain. We write about for post surgery recovery however, I found it extremely helpful... Ice initially constricts local blood vessels and decreases tissue temperature. Overall, ice will: Decrease inflammation, Decrease pain, Speed nutrients to the area, Promote healing, Decrease swelling, Decrease tissue damage, Decrease muscle spasm... Worth considering xx
 
Poppet Ooooh, I have a large ice pack that I could use. I've been using a tens machine to help but will give anything a go. I've started a new thread in the social thread under My music and Others. It would be interesting to see if any other Muso's suffer as well and how they cope :wink:
 
Red Shoe oh dear, I must go look up happier songs.... had to stop this one in the first verse cos i'm already having a blue day for no discernable reason. But I heard enough (and one other on youtube, thanks!) to know I like this and can't wait for an "us" song!! keep your pain at bay however works best for you, and I hope you can finagle your schedule to get a new hip asap! :)
 
zauberflöte sorry to hear your having a bad day. Life can throw some strange things at us. I always say goodnight to the stars in the sky and think myself lucky that I have a new day dawning. Cyber hugs x
 
awwww Red Shoe thanks! I went for a little walk in the already steaming day, and felt quite a bit better-- thanks!!! it's just post-op blues and lack of proper sleep patterns, and maybe my avatar cat climbing all over the keyboard:hissy: :rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom