Newbie saying hello and asking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Shoe, It was pouring rain all night and so far all day here. Before I had my hips done the wet weather used to really cause me pain. I often knew before it was forecast because my hips told me. Last night was the first time in years this didn't happen.
I hope you manage to get an early date for your op. Then you can enjoy a holiday.
 
Red Shoe I went on holiday 4 weeks before I had surgery - to Elosarabrab 's neck of the woods actually -whitley bay - It was a waste of time and money. I could hardly walk, was in a lot of pain and didnt enjoy it one bit. Get your surgery out of the way first, and then you can have a holiday you will enjoy. :)
 
Red Shoe, I am a little more than three weeks post-op. Once the pain meds are reduced there is no reason you couldn't write/compose for part of the day, as long as you can ice/elevate while you do it. If you have a laptop or notebook it is possible-sitting at a desk for hours is not easy. At this point I only take one pain pill a day, an hour before I do my PT exercises. The rest on the day I take Tylenol if I need it. Performing would be a very individual decision, based on your recovery timeline. I delayed too long and the pain was more limiting than the post-op restrictions and recovery. good luck.
 
Red Shoe, It was pouring rain all night and so far all day here. Before I had my hips done the wet weather used to really cause me pain. I often knew before it was forecast because my hips told me. Last night was the first time in years this didn't happen.
I hope you manage to get an early date for your op. Then you can enjoy a holiday.

Elosarabrab, I do a knee and hip weather forecast on fb weekly . Many of my chums follow my weekly " Brummie bone forecasts" rather than the BBC weather :)
 
Red Shoe, FYI: I had to edit your post so member was actually tagged. Read below.

To tag a forum member, all you have to do is to type @ directly in front of their user name with no space between the @ and the user name. Be sure that you correctly type the user name or it will not work. To be sure that the member is tagged, look at your post after you have clicked "Post Reply"; if the tag worked, the user name will now be blue and underlined.

Do not follow the user name with a hyphen (-). The computer recognizes this as part of the user name, which it is not, and the tag fails. Also on occasion if the @ is the first thing on the line, it may be necessary to indent a couple of time to get it to work. This is why it is necessary to check your post after you have clicked "Post Rely" to be sure the tag has worked.

When the tag works, the member will get an alert at the top of his/her page, and by clicking the alert will be taken directly to your post.
 
Thank you, I will no doubt get the hang of it eventually :-)
 
I'm beside myself with pain today. I've tried to contact my consultants secretary but she only works two day a week. PALS ( patient advice and liaison service) have forwarded an email on to my consultant for me. We have so many festivals booked this summer but if I can get on his surgery list now then I may tramadol it through until I'm fixed. Oh to win the lottery and just get it done :groan:
 
Vida , so true. I thought knee pain was bad enough :-( feeling a bit sorry for myself today but thanks to all of you for kind words x
 
[Bonesmart.org] Newbie saying hello and asking advice
Red Shoe, don't worry about it. A lot of us have to stumble around the forum but catch on in time. You stay around long enough and you too can become an expert.:heehee:

I have found an avatar that I thought you might like to use. It is already sized to fit perfectly as I have tested it. Just right click on the attached picture and "save image as" in your picture files. Then hover your mouse of your user name at the top of the page and from the drop down menu select "Avatar". The click the browse button and find the picture in your files and double click it. Then click "Okay"and you are done.

If you are not interested, my feelings will not be hurt. I just enjoy doing this when the opportunity presents itself.

[Bonesmart.org] Newbie saying hello and asking advice
 
bottomshollow, bless you. I am in fact one of a pair :cheers: If you ever go on YouTube then you may find me singing on one leg with other shoes :heehee:
 
I've just had a call from the hospital and my consultant will see me on the 21st of June instead of September :) . He's also sending me for a MRI on my left hip as I know it's in a bad state also. I'm scared to death but realise its time to get things sorted x
 
Red Shoe I looked for red shoe on youtube but no luck. Can you point me in the right direction? You are the second performing musician I've met here-- so there must be more of us lurking!
I m so sorry bout that pain, I hope your consultant can give you a date that's good for you :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom