Newbie saying hello and asking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, you are all so kind :) I was treated to some sensible shoes yesterday, I do tend to walk round in Converse trainers a lot. Going in that darn tunnel tomorrow morning at 9 am. I've had many a MRI but each one I dread. However, it's one step to getting better.
 
I agree about the MRI they're not nice to have but at least you'll know, hope they put some nice music on for you!! My husband says I buy too many shoes and he's probably right, the last ones I got were from Hotter and the colour is called pistachio, they make lovely comfy shoes and do them in wide fittings to fit my bunions!!! :heehee:
 
My husband says I buy too many shoes and he's probably right, the last ones I got were from Hotter
I love their shoes I got some raspberry coloured ones . The bag was free when I bought some sandals so I had to get shoes to match the bag. Oh and a bag to match the sandals cornflower blue.
 
TeeEm@Littlejem@Elosarabrab These are like strappy walking shoes that have a lovely spongy soul. They had them in bright pink but when I tried them on, everyone in the shop shook their heads :shocked: I went for denim blue ones in the end, never been know to be sensible regarding shoes, the wackier the better :) As for the MRI, the last one I had, the blooming machine broke whilst I was in it ! I may have to take a happy pill tomorrow morning to cope with it, I get very claustrophobic in there. Hey ho, that's life I suppose and at least it will show what wrong with my left hip. Wasn't there a film called "My Left Hip" :heehee:
 
Hi Red Shoe I have just caught up with your thread and I must say I really enjoyed watching your music.The song was very moving.I just want to say good luck for your scan tomorrow and also for your appointment on Friday I hope you get a date for your hip replacement as I remember feeling much more positive when I was given a date.
 
Kim22 thank you :) I have started another thread in the social part of the forum under "My Music and Others" it would be lovely for other people to share their music as well. As for my hips, I have a feeling my consultant will say they both need doing. I'm really not that brave to have them done together but will see what he has to say x
 
Red Shoe. I don't think many surgeons offer bilaterals on the NHS but I may be wrong.I will check out your new music thread. Be sure to let us know what your OS says on Friday
 
Kim22 I've only just got used to the idea of having one done so quite happy if he says he will do them separate. I know he mentioned last time he would give me a ceramic and plastic one because I have a serious metal allergy. I won't need to worry about having showers then, I can go in the dishwasher :thumb:
 
Well Red Shoe Mine is a ceramic on ceramic but never thought about going through the dishwasher LOL I had a ceramic prosthesis as they are supposed to last longer and I was considered young for a hip replacement which is strange because I was in the ward with a 34 year old and a 24 year old.
 
Kim22 It's been a real surprise to me reading about how young people are when they get a new hip. I still feel in my mind like a spring chicken but my body feels like an old crumbly. This forum has given me so much encouragement and information, so glad I joined :)
 
zauberflöte Had the scan and won't know the results until I see my consultant Friday. They gave me headphones and asked what music I would like to listen to, I said "BBC radio2 would be nice" omg, I had to listen to Barry White for ages !!!! :shocked: I thought the scanner made deep grinding noises but it was nothing compared to Barry. I nearly pressed the emergency panicked button :groan:
 
Well dear peeps, I slept ok last night and had codeine :thumb: my left hip is making some really strange noises this morning, a very loud clunking sound. Has anyone else had this ? I've had popping and snapping noises before but never this one :shocked: I would also like to wish you all a fab weekend and peaceful one. My sister is taking me out today and I haven't a clue where we will end up :) Ooodles of love peeps from a sunny middle part of England :kittykiss:
Oh yes! My left hip is the 'good' one and it makes a loud thunking noise as I walk that everyone around me can hear. It has been going on for over 1 1/2 years now. I told this to all 3 OSs that I have seen but none seemed concerned.
About 20 years ago I had the same loud thunking noise from my right leg but it only lasted about 5-6 months if I recall properly. I am not sure now if it was the right hip or knee then and as far as I know my right knee is still good.
 
didoan Glad I'm not alone in this then :) my left hip is badly worn but never given me much trouble up until I knew my right one needed sorting. I think it's come out in sympathy and trying to tell me something :thumb: I need new knees as well but they are working on me from the waist down :sad:
 
didoan Glad I'm not alone in this then :) my left hip is badly worn but never given me much trouble up until I knew my right one needed sorting. I think it's come out in sympathy and trying to tell me something :thumb: I need new knees as well but they are working on me from the waist down :sad:
LOL! "it's come out in sympathy and trying to tell me something" is exactly what I thought about it as well! I'm sure I am stressing the good left one tremendously with the limping and putting all of my body weight on it as I stand. The left hip only had mild OA when I had the x-rays last Sept. so it will be interesting to have new x-rays in future and see what has become of it.
My left foot aches so bad after I run into my neighbor out on the daily dog walking and she goes on and on for what seems like hours, it's like a numb but red hot pain in the poor thing. I need to complain more and let people know I can't stand for long periods.
 
my left hip is badly worn but never given me much trouble up until I knew my right one needed sorting. I think it's come out in sympathy and trying to tell me something :thumb: I need new knees as well but they are working on me from the waist down
Thats the trouble. Once one joint goes, it's like a cascade effect and they all pack in. My other hip is OK, but the knee on the non-op side is on the way out .

didoan Perhaps shoe implants might help with your foot pain? I had to throw my pre-op trainers away because they were totally worn down on one side because of the way Id been walking
 
didoan Perhaps shoe implants might help with your foot pain? I had to throw my pre-op trainers away because they were totally worn down on one side because of the way Id been walking[/quote]

Wonderful suggestion TeeEm! Ill have to check out the gel shoe liners!
 
didoan@TeeEm If your knees are misaligned (mine are shocking) this throws the whole body out and I'm sure it's caused my hips to ware out quicker. I've had lots of ops on my knees, had knee caps moved, scraped, cleaned out, ligaments moved etc but nothing has stopped the wear. Trying to juggle what needs fixing first is a tough one but I have to say the hip pain is the worst thing I've dealt with and will be glad when that's sorted. Sorry to hear about your heel pain didoan, try putting a pillow under your feet at night to see if that helps? It's just horrid when your body starts to pack up bit by bit :boohoo:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom