Guest viewing is limited

Newbie saying hello and asking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Shoe I am sorry... douse it in warm milk LOL. I am having serious trouble remembering if you have selected a date yet-- next fall/winter? You need to do the promo tour this summer, am I right? I dunno, maybe you need drugs...Well, my sympathy is with you and the poor hip, wish I really could do something for you :)
 
zauberflöte I see my consultant on the 21 st of June. He's arranging an MRI scan on my other hip as well. Originally I wasn't due to see him until September because of work commitments and I desperately need a holiday. The pain has become so bad I contacted his secretary and he's seeing me early. I'm not sure of his waiting list but I know it's going down hill fast. We have less work in August , so perhaps I could last until then. What I don't want is for it to crumble :cry: The pain is relentless now and walking is a nightmare even though I still try to walk as much as I can. I also find bending really difficult and have developed a deep pain in the pelvis. I need to start singing sitting down but its something I've never done before. It gives me hiccups if I try and that could be embarrassing in the middle of a song :yikes:
 
oh my Red Shoe I am very glad you've got an earlier appointment. It sounds like downhill is your only direction now, sadly, and we do not want collapse and crumble, you're right. I'm sure you should be walking-- they do say here, to preserve what you have left of the hip, take some weight off it by using a can or such. I would tag Josephine, but she's out for a few days. When she comes back, tag her for advice, ok? She is pleased to offer it, but needs the tag to know we want it! The pelvic pain might be something referred from the hip. Makes it hard to support the breath, I'll bet :(

Ok, singing sitting down gives hiccups. It must be a tightness in your diaphragm when you sit. Watch out, I'm gonna give a breathing lesson :rotfl: If your hip and rear feel like mine, you would want a very straight back chair with support all the way up to your sho=[------------p(the orange cat types as he waltzes across the keyboard!) shouldertops, and a seat as deep as your thigh is long. Then you can tuck yourself back into it and open up your ribcage. All this you know, why am I in teaching mode LOL? but hiccups-- I've never seen that before!
 
Red Shoe you get to the point that you take all the help you can get!! My mum had all this, 2 hips and a knee and she unfortunately 'enjoyed' bad health, was happy to be in a wheelchair, it gave her something to make people take notice of her and so she milked it really, sorry mum, god rest your soul. :kittykiss:
I always said I'd never be like that, it actually made me 'too' independent and never wanting any help or aids but it gets to the stage when you have to accept you need these aids and other peoples help. I hope your OS can get you in when you're free from work but if it's NHS you don't usually have a lot of options do you? :sad:
 
Littlejem I know your right and my dear husband nags me to use my stick constantly. I do have to rely on the NHS and fingers crossed they will sort me out. I'm really slightly sorry for myself this morning, my left hip seems to be catching up with my right and I finally fell asleep about 4 am this morning. We have a rehearsal this afternoon and I shall be snoring instead of singing :boohoo:
 
Red Shoe it's awful isn't it, when the pain gets hold nothing seems to touch it!! I find the NSAIDs work better than the painkillers and I struggled to work on Tramadol. You do get to feel sorry for yourself, we all do so don't feel guilty about it and get sleep when and where you can, it's the only way. I found a warm bubble bath helps when the nagging pain wears me down, both for the joints and my emotional feelings..............I think the glass of wine might also be helping!! :heehee: Sorry to hear you have to rehearse this afternoon on very little sleep, a nice soak and an early night might be called for!! :sleep:
 
Littlejem hope your ok angel? And thank you again for your kind words. I've just had a call from the hospital and they are going to scan my left hip next Monday :thumb: This means my consultant will have the results in time for Friday, whoopee !! I'm also wondering if the tramadol is keeping me awake? I also take sometimes pure codeine when it gets really bad. Some doctors won't prescribe it because its so addictive but my doc is really good. I may give it a whirl for a few days and be mindful of the side affects. It makes you feel on top of the world but the come down feeling is not good.
 
Red Shoe you could be right about the tramadol and not sleeping maybe try the alternative at bedtime? I take Tramacet, which is a mix of Tramadol and paracetamol, which works for me, me very kind GP advised it for me although he did comment it would cost him a lot more and poor guy I've now been on it for about 16 months!! Great news about your scan, it's got to be a good idea for the OS to have the evidence in front of him at your appointment. I only ever had an x ray of my hips do you know what a scan can show different from an x ray?
 
Littlejem Red Shoe, A warm bath sounds lovely but I cant get in or out of the bath :sad: Not been able to for years. I hope you dont have that problem Red Shoe. Use a stick if you need to. My sister got me one bright pink with coloured spots on. It is more cheerful than the usual ones. Check out Amazon for ideas.
I tried every concoction known to man trying to ease the pain. I ended up on morphine a month before first surgery.
I hope you get a date soon.
 
Red Shoe, I do hope you get a quick date, sounds like your hip is finally saying replace me now. I would suggest you balance the amount if exercise with rest.. It is so difficult pre surgery. We read about it all the time on the forum. We make our decision to go ahead with surgery and suddenly the pain and stiffness and aching gets worse.. Fingers crossed for you honey x
 
Red Shoe that's great to have the scan and the appointment line up like that! Keep us posted on that. Sorry you have to rehearse this afternoon-- try it sitting down--oh wait, you are already in this afternoon...well ok, have a nice relaxing evening then :)
Littlejem watch out for that tramadol withdrawal, in case you haven't learned about that...
 
Well dear peeps, I slept ok last night and had codeine :thumb: my left hip is making some really strange noises this morning, a very loud clunking sound. Has anyone else had this ? I've had popping and snapping noises before but never this one :shocked: I would also like to wish you all a fab weekend and peaceful one. My sister is taking me out today and I haven't a clue where we will end up :) Ooodles of love peeps from a sunny middle part of England :kittykiss:
 
Glad you got a good nights sleep, not had noise in my hip but I know a lot have!!
Enjoy your trip x
 
I had that clunking sound in my hip for quite some time (too long really) Pre surgery, then my hip would give way and I would almost fall.. You are ready for this surgery and I think your surgeon will confirm this on 21 June, dear Red Shoes :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom