THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Diane,

WOW congratulations on the retirement plan, I think that's very exciting for you it also means you have worked very hard during your life if you can now take advantage of this new time. I get it when you say no more stress and this really is a great time to explore new ideas, it definitely is a new lease on life! Ive been feeling very liberated since my surgery. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut and especially before the surgery living with all that pain doesn't help ones spirit or foster time to dream new fun times. Volunteering would be fun you might find something completely new you would like to do more off,

I'm looking forward to you staying around sharing your new direction!

Have a good week!

xxooxx
 
Diane, WOW What wonderful news. When does it start. Please say now. Have you had time to think about what you now would like to do with all your time? Life is too short for stress and doing the same thing year after year. So volunteering you go and have fun. Keep up the good work and has many fun days free from stress. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
after the hip replacements I don't want to waste another minute of my life having stress or doing things I don't want to do any more. Of course, some things must be done but at my age I want to enjoy every moment, so I'm going for it. I definitely look at things differently now, value time with family and friends more than ever.

Hi Diane, I know just what you mean about not wanting to waste any time from now on. I felt like that after the cancer treatment, but I guess the hip replacements, for me, are part of that because they're a direct result. I went through that process of realising I was no longer prepared to do what I didn't want to do, so I stopped the part of my work I didn't enjoy and kept the bit I love.

Sounds like you're going through the same process, so go for it, Diane, and good luck!
 
Thanks, Haldox. Love, love, love your avatar. I want that doggie!Is he yours?


Thank you! and yes that our Buddy!My son said "Hey lets put sister's fake glasses on him" and so we did and he sat for a pic LOL Hes a Golden Retriever/Chow mix and an all around great doggie!
 
Oh, he just looks so precious! I think any dog with golden ret. in the mix is awesome. Gentle giants...have a great day.
 
diane, Have you started the process of retiring yet? I think a retirement party is needed. :wubroses:HAPPY REITIREMENT! :doggieshmooze:tashia:friends:
 
Diana, Just came over to say Hi. I hope you had a good Friday. This weekend is going to be wonderful. Did you get snow? I was really surprised with all the snow they showed on tv. Hope this weekend is great. Have fun. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Diane, I noticed you are on line. I just want to say "Hello" I hope your weekend was a good one. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Diane, I noticed that you were on line so I came over to say Hi. I hope the paper work hasn't gotten the best of you. Its lots of reading but has a neat outcome and that is you don't have to work any more. How are you doing" I know you were having some problems with your foot, I hope its better or getting there. Do have a wonderful weekend, I do think I head a storm might be in you direction, if so be careful. :doggieshmooze:tashia:friends:
 
Thanks, everyone for all the well wishes about retirement. It is an exciting time, also a bit scary and nervous about the change but I know I am ready to enjoy life. And it will work out.

Z, after the hip replacements I don't want to waste another minute of my life having stress or doing things I don't want to do any more. Of course, some things must be done but at my age I want to enjoy every moment, so I'm going for it. I definitely look at things differently now, value time with family and friends more than ever and would like as little stress as possible and not working will take away about 98% of my stress at the moment. Money doesn't seem very important, other than having enough to pay bills and shop a little. Will look to do volunteer work where there is a need.

Think I may have repeated myself a few times but sure I got my point across. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Diane

I thought I would let you know that something you told me has gone viral.
No matter what I do, this is taking as long as it takes. No matter what I do, PT, no PT, rest, nap, walk, elevate, ice, use walker, don't use walker, use cane, be positive, be miserable, go with it, fight it...believe me I have tried it all and it still does what IT wants to do in terms of recovery...so, the more I can go with it the better. And some days are better than others

Take care
 
Carol,

No problem, glad my "words of wisdom" might help someone else. I secretly always wanted to be a writer, this may be as close as I get! ha! Take care.
 
I'd like to endorse what Carol said about that quote, Diane. I read it when you first posted it, and it stayed with me, and I often find myself thinking about it. So it hit the mark with me. And now you're going viral - wow!
 
Hi Sis...

Love your words of wisdom.. It must be such a relief to be able to retire. You so deserve it. Time to do something different, maybe do some writing, that sounds like a great new activity :)

Hugs xxx
 
Carol,

No problem, glad my "words of wisdom" might help someone else. I secretly always wanted to be a writer, this may be as close as I get! ha! Take care.

Me too....I just don't have the courage to put my words down except for the edification and elucidation of the Bonesmarties. My oh my you know what they say about brains being baffled.......:hysterical:

Take care
 
Hi there Sis

I was missing in action most of last week with work.. I have had dreadful withdrawal symptoms because I didn't have time or energy to come visit with my BoneSmart friends to see how they are doing..

Sounds like you are settling into retirement nicely... wonderful :)

We have a week off, so I plan to spend time catching up with everyone..

Big, big hugs xxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom