Guest viewing is limited

THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
My FIL used to say to my hubby when we were getting married.....

Son, you maybe the head of the family, but never forget, your wife is the neck and the neck controls the head.....

Girl power :)
 
Hi Sis

Not sure you got this big hug I posted on my thread... So here you go xx

[Bonesmart.org] New lease on life

 
Hi Diane,
You've been so sweet with your words to me I decided to go back and read your journey from the start of your thread, as I joined the site only this March. I wanted to understand where you personally are coming from. WOW, you have had quite the twisted path to your healing. I saw back in December you said, and I quote - "Maybe having 3 surgeries within 9 months has something to do with it! I feel able to give advice to others but don't heed it " ...and then you actually had a 4th hospitalization with the nerve stuff, my you've been thru the wringer there girl.

Just wanted to touch base and let you know I've read your posts and send my compassion. To reference what you said in Dec. It is soo easy to have compassion for others and to see that they need kind words and patience. Then with ourselves, not so much all the time right? I sure do wish ( myself included) that we could ALWAYS treat ourselves with the love and compassion we give to our friends and those we love. We certainly deserve it as much as they do. I hope this note finds you having a good day. -Cathy
 
Diane, Just came by to say Hi. Had a great day. Got to have the sun warm my knees and the swelling went away. It so good to actually see knees. Hope your day was great and hope you have many more. Take care and stay safe.:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Happy Friday Diane,

Stopping in to say YooooHooooo how are you? Hope you are getting ready for a lovely weekend! Sorry about your SI that sounds frustrating and painful. Hope it can heal quickly.

Have a great day!

xxooxx
 
Hi Diane, just came by to catch up and I see big ideas are happening haha. Have a great wknd and thanks for checking on my post op. I just posted if you want the update. The short version is things all seem fine :) -cathy
 
Time for an update...

Saw accountant this morning and numbers look great for retirement, I'm going for it!:yes4:

Went to visit my best friend after that and she has quite a few steps into her home and I did it and then had to use her toilet ( an extremely low to the ground one and I did it!)

Then had an awesome session at PT

Then lunch and to the chiropractor

Then got take out from my favorite restaurant

So, did 6 things today with no ill effects, just a little tired.

Life is good, life is good, life is good!!!!!!
 
Wahoo Sis

What a fabulous set of milestones achieved in one day....

Well done you :) and yes life is good. I am so pleased for you Sis, this has been a long journey for you and you have taught me patience that is for sure

And, then to top it off with the great news that have done the number crunching and can retire - that is awesome, I am so thrilled for you... There is nothing but good times ahead for you now...

Sending lots of love and hugs xoxoxoxoxox
 
How awesome. You are going to retire. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I just retired myself April 1st, so I can understand how you must feel. There is another world out there besides work.
Congrats.
Bea
 
Hi Diane,

WOW!!! What a fantastic report and so many fun events & milestones as well! Did you do a little happy dance after you used the low-down toilet and got up without help??? :thumb:

I hope you have a nice weekend and do get some rest to go with all that success. Oh, and fantastic news on the upcoming retirement -- maybe you did a big happy dance on the accountants desk for that one... :dancy:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Hello Diane, what a wonderful post from you! Lots of milestones all on one day.

I guess the greatest news is that you are going to be able to retire! Hey, when will that happen? You'll be all set for a new life then, what a wonderful feeling. Time to dream now of all the things you can do.

And using a normal loo seat - that's a good milestone. With my first hip I had to cope right from the beginning with a low-level loo, because my OS didn't believe in being gentle with his patients, but I'm glad to say that by the time I had my second THR, he had been brought into line and I had a raised loo seat for the first couple of weeks. But it's good when you can wean yourself off that - well done!
 
Wehey Diane, what a brilliant post to read. wonderful news of your upcoming retirement. You must be feeling on top of the world with that on the horizon and all your other acheivements. I'm so happy for you.:yay:

Ann.x.
 
Congratulations on retirement!!! That is SO wonderful! After you work so hard on your hip recoveries, you should get to enjoy your life!

Just like your thread says--"A new lease on life!" :-)

Dorothy
 
Fantastic report and what a day :) The best part of it all sounds like the retirement piece -YIPEE for you. What a great way to go into the wknd. Have a good one -Cathy
 
Retirement....wow....awesome. :happy dance:
GOOD FOR YOU!


I haven't been on this forum that long, but I sure seem to see a statistically significant % of new hippies seeking and finding retirement.

I wonder if this "New Lease on Life" (per your prescient thread title) inspires people to take a new look at things, value some stuff differently and feel inspired to take the plunge.

Perhaps someone who's been around the forum a long time can comment on that...

Z
 
I hope you had a good weekend. I know its not over but I'm thinking of you. tax time is such a bad time. Federal was ok but not the state. Every year I say this is the last year in this state. I like my surgen so stay I do. Hopefully this will be the last year and move on I will. I have family back East so maybe. Also am getting my pain more under control, I think for now. Do take care and have some fun this weekend. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Thanks, everyone for all the well wishes about retirement. It is an exciting time, also a bit scary and nervous about the change but I know I am ready to enjoy life. And it will work out.

Z, after the hip replacements I don't want to waste another minute of my life having stress or doing things I don't want to do any more. Of course, some things must be done but at my age I want to enjoy every moment, so I'm going for it. I definitely look at things differently now, value time with family and friends more than ever and would like as little stress as possible and not working will take away about 98% of my stress at the moment. Money doesn't seem very important, other than having enough to pay bills and shop a little. Will look to do volunteer work where there is a need.

Think I may have repeated myself a few times but sure I got my point across. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
 
Wow Diane! What a wonderful day!! Lots of great milestones and great news of Retirement:yay:

I agree with not wanting to waste your life after the THRs. Yes there are things that we have to do but I think there should be more time of just letting your hair down!:wink1:
 
Thanks, Haldox. Love, love, love your avatar. I want that doggie!Is he yours?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom