THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy, I know there are times that you feel like screaming and you know you earned it. This is what I do I put my head in a pillow and scream. It does feel good and you know it really helps. I can do it anywhere in my apartment because I live along. So take a pillow to the bathroom?:th_heehee:and let it rip! Have a good weekend. We all will get threw this together. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Hi Sis

Checking in with you to see how you are doing?

Do hope you are feeling better.

Lots of love xoxoxoxoxoxox
 
Hi Diane,

I see that you are around the board but no new posts here!

How go things in NY? Are you going to have a great stretch of lovely warm weather like us?

Hope all's well,

Z
 
Hi All,

I am doing OK. PT continues to strengthen me and my limp is not as pronounced, still there, but better. I feel stronger. Have some low back stuff going on, had x-ray, showed some degenerative disc disease and arthritis, so working on this in PT also and getting relief.

Currently I am looking into early retirement. Will get all my numbers together and meet with my accountant next week (after Tues., tax day!) If I can afford it, I'm doing it! Please send any and all prayers and positive thoughts about this my way...I want to enjoy the rest of my life without the stress of work, if I can.

Losing weight again and that feels great, I know will only help in the future. And guess what...the other night I slept for 8.5 hours straight!!!!:sleep:I think it may be about 28 years since that has happened and it was pure heaven. I kept counting the hours on my fingers over and over to be really sure. Been sleeping great since then. Be well everyone and thank you so much for checking in.:ThankYou:
 
Hi Sis. @dianemarie:

Fantastic ! ! Update... I am so happy for you.. Sleeping is great and so good for healing.

Sounds like PT is finally kicking in that is good too :)

Now to the special Topic of retirement.......

If Bill Gates can do it, so can you you honey.... Good luck with the number crunching :)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRD-0h7PiiE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lots of love xxxxxx
 
Diane
Good luck on the # crunching for early retirement. I have been off work for 8 months (disability) and to tell the truth I really don't miss it. I do miss the income so 3 more years and I am taking a European /somewhere trip out of the $$.
 
Good for you thinking of yourself, Diane. I do hope everything positive comes your way. You have earned it. Take care and kept up recovering. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Hi Diane,

My fingers and toes are crossed the numbers fall into place. Im happy you are doing better with sleeping and PT and congratulations on loosing weight that's a great feeling. Your young to talk about retirement will you do other things or not work at all. I'm envious my days to retire are about 20+++ yrs away ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Hope your weekend is good!

xxooxx
 
If the numbers don't work out I will continue on...but if I do retire early I still want to work, just at something not so stressful. I might do reception work, be able to sit in a comfy office chair (part time of course), or I could tutor, help people with organizing, lots of possibilities. We'll see...some days I don't feel so young and have been at my job 27+ years.
Weekend is going great, good movies on TV tonight...and no SI, back or hip pain...yeah!
 
Enjoy your movie night Sis

Time you had some fun 
 
Brilliant news Diane, I'm so pleased things are looking up. Good luck with the early retirement possibility, it would be great if you could get a less stressful job.

Fantastic news you have had a great nights sleep too, I know what it's like to not sleep well for years, you must be feeling cock-a-hoop about that. Long may it continue

Ann
 
Nite Sis

[Bonesmart.org] New lease on life



xx
 
Glad things seem to be looking up, sounds like PT is working for you. I totally find the limp aggravates my SI joint. It did before my surgery and now, though I am limping for a diff reason (LLD) the SI joint is acting up again. Anyway, I am glad you are getting some relief and I look forward to that when I start my PT end of this week. I wish you continued pain free living :) -Cathy
 
Ann, yes sleeping through the night after not for years is a blessing.

Thanks, Sis for the beautiful pic. You always find a way to touch my soul...

Dorothy, crunch the numbers I shall. Don't need a lot to live on, just enough to pay the bills. At this point in my life I pretty content with the basics. Will let you know.

Cathy,

I find if I try to take even a few steps without my cane the SI acts up...so for now will keep using it until everything is stronger and it is getting there, I can feel it. Thanks for the well wishes.
 
Diane, I found when I retired I could live on less than I thought. Your health comes first and that is why I retired. Best of luck with looking at those numbers. Sounds like you might not be ready to let go of the cane. Its ok. Time will come when you are ready. take care and have a good night sleep.:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Hi Diane

I am envious of you ---because you slept 8+ hours straight. I can still remember when that happened last to me. It was 2006 and I was in a B&B in England. When I woke up I thought I had died during the night as I couldn't recall where I was and I was pain free. Lovely moment.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and retirement. I can see that you have a plan for getting a more fun job if retirement should happen. I'm 59 and really think that working is for the birds. Next life I am coming back as Donald Trump. The $$$ would go to my fave charities and I could volunteer all day. Ah dreams...

Take care :ATT637464:
 
Please, not Donald. Can't you think of anyone else rich who has good hair?:hairpulling: I'm thinking maybe Bill Gates...ahhh, to dream...
 
Can I join in please:biggrin:

I'm thinking Angelina Jolie, she has nice hair and a gorge hubby to boot.....perfect methinks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom