THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
diane, Its good to hear good news. Keep it up. Score today but thats the way it goes. Have a fun weekend. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Hi All and Sis and Tashia,

I am experiencing si joint pain (not sure how to spell it...sacroilliac?) and it is in spasms tonight. I tried some stretching the chiropractor showed me and some side to side knee stretches and used my thera-cane on some trigger points...pain meds, anit-inflammatory, essential oils...it seems to be a little relief but not sleeping....anyone else experience this and what brought relief? I know it will be OK but am quite discouraged as this is NO FUN...I looked in library but didn't see anything, maybe I missed it?

Hope everyone is well, I will catch up...took a couple of days off...
 
Oh Sis!

I had a feeling you were not feeling the best. I am so sorry that you are experiencing back pain. Back pain can be so debilitating. And then not being able to sleep either.

I have three prolapsed discs in my lower spine and quite frequently get back pain that bends me over especially when I have sat for long periods and try to get up. I find stretching and a hot water bottle is the only relief I get from mine.

I just sensed you were in pain :(

Sending lots and lots of love and hugs xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 
Sis,

Thanks so much for the caring and advise, a hot water bottle sounds great! Spasms have stopped (with more pain meds) so will try some sleep again...I sat too long today and I think that tightened everything up.

Thank goodness we have this forum and each other to support and encourage...
 
Sleep well, snuggle with the hot water bottle xoxoxoxox
 
20 week update:

Chiroprator gave me stretches for SI joint and it has responded beautifully...no pain since Sat. evening.:thumb:

3 weeks of outpatient PT under my belt and today was the 1st day I left there and felt really great and strong with energy left to do something else!:yes 4:

Slept:sleep:on L side for the first time and it felt great...still a little sore on R side but it is coming along so no complaints.

Off all pain meds., once in a while, if needed, take a anti-inflammatory.:biggrin:

Still not strong enough to return to work (teacher, so probably looking at Sept. at this point):sigh:

Using cane most all of the day, still using walker at night to be safe, but less of a limp all the time:yay:

Nerve issue continues to resolve:yahoo:

So, overall, I feel great and feel like I will make it after a rough 2nd THR.
 
So glad to hear you sounding so positive Dianemarie. Time and patience are big factors in recovery. Thanks for such an upbeat report!:thumb:
 
danemarie, Thats sounds so great. To be able to sleep on any side again:wow2:As you mention that you are still using the walker and the cane, I thought to myself maybe I still should be using them still. I'm so happy for you. Please keep up the good work. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Tashia,

I still have quite a limp so hence the walker (at night mostly for safety reasons) and cane. My PT said to keep using the cane until I am not limping...so I am...want to be able to walk normal.
 
You are getting there! Keep it up!!!!

I know it's tempting to want to drop the cane too soon--I know I wanted to. But, I kept remembering what I read here: Do not let yourself get used to limping. So I was a good doobie and waited until I could walk without limping. I remember the leg feeling so weak, but it is amazing how it strengthens back up. Your's will too.

Dorothy
 
Thanks Dorothy and Haldox and Tashia,

I will definitely keep up with the cane. Know what you mean about the weakness, today I had to walk quite a ways from my car to an appointment and I went slow but did it! Feeling stronger every day.
 
I remember letting the cane go and feeling confident to walk alone and haven't gone back to the cane since..

Your confidence will come soon once you get it there will be no stopping you!

Xxooxoxx
 
Hi Dianemarie
Sounds like you are doing great now. It does take time getting rid of the cane. I used it for hiking up the road for my three mile walk until in my third months after surgery. Now I got to look for the cane if I want to go on a longer hike. May switch to my hiking stick.
I hope your recovery will keep on going well.
Bea
 
Thanks Bea and Sarah,

Hardly using the walker at all now, so I know walking unaided will come. It took me quite a while after my 1st THR to get off the cane. Patience, isn't that something I heard here?:th_heehee:
 
:hysterical: Do ya think, Diane????
 
Hi gorgeous

Sounds like you are listening to your body and supporting it just the way it wants :)

You know Sis, there are nights when I come hone from work, sit in the chair for a couple of hours, then get up and the legs and feet just don't want to move.. So I keep the walker handy for those tired times too :)

In my mind I am still a baby in my planned recovery period.. I always had twelve months in my head for recovery, two for complete recovery, energy levels, physically and emotionally... and that is ok :)

I think you are doing just fine and dandy Sis.. Lots of love and big hugs xoxox
 
Sis,

Know what you mean...I think this one may be a 1-2 yr. recovery for me and that is OK. I just hope by Sept. I will be strong enough and have enough stamina to return to work. I won't be returning this school year and am OK financially until Sept. God willing it will all work out.

Had a great PT session today...I am strong enough to start pushing myself a little bit (and believe me it is only a little bit, I have learned my lesson) but still and all it feels good. I am beginning to get a little bored too but that is OK...as the nice weather comes I will get outside to walk more.

Happy Easter to everyone. We have a little candy store where I live that makes chocolate pizza and chocolate peanut butter "wings", I have to watch out for those!
 
Happy Easter to you dianemarie. I never had a chocolate pizza, where do find such a trea? Very tired this week because over did it. So need to :sleep: so talk with you more tomarrow. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:choc:
 
Chocolate Pizza! Hahahahaha ohhhh I LOVE it that sounds delicious!

Happy Easter Diane,

I made a typo earlier in one of my earlier posts sorry, was saying once you stop using the cane there will be NO stopping you. Silly iPad thinks for me some days! I don't think it matters how long it takes you to recover as long as you recover...as long as you do!

Hope you are having a fun weekend!

xxooxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom