Guest viewing is limited

TKR New knee for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
lili did your surgeon use a tourniquet? If so, that could be the cause of your upper thigh pain. I experienced that and in fact it that was my worst source of pain for the first few days.
So that is why my upper thigh hurt so much? I thought it was from moving stuff around. Mine is just now settling down. 10 days post op. Icing helps a whole lot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @theresav , yes my Dr did a tourniquet and the first days after surgery I had a terrible pain on my upper thigh, I asked for ice bags on the hospital and put hem all on my thigh and 3 days later the pain had almost disapeared . Yes Ice works wonders for pain! Have you had PT yet? Does your knee hurts afterwords? I'm going to take it more easy for the next one. :bolt:
Let me know how you are progressing as our surgeries are only one day apart!
 
@theresav , did you post a picture of your scar? I tried looking but could not find anything. I did put mine! Your lucky you got your staples out so quick , mine are out on Monday! Hopefully I don't have to continue using the compression socks!! I don't like them at all!!

Lili
 
No staples. Find it so strange.. everyone different.
[Bonesmart.org] New knee for me !



Yes. I used your ice on thigh trick. Just put together it was from tourniquet. Seeing my surgeon tomorrow. getting better rom but tonight leg is stiff. All iced up and watching tv. Love all this info. Really helps. Think I'm healing very well.

we shall keep close eye on each.other. want to get it right first time.. 2nd knee is Nov 30. I can see I'm getting antsy already.

Hope u rest well.

T

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
@Lili,@theresav, girls your knees are looking great! I'm about a week ahead. We're a variety pack - one has steri strips, one has staples and one stitches.:heehee: My stitches came out yesterday.

Wishing a good day for all bone smarties.:flwrysmile:
 
Can I ask you a question. Is the pain worst in am? My legs feel so stiff in am?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
My knees are stiffer in the am, they are the absolute best when I leave PT (except for the 105 incident). My husband is always amazed at the difference between walking in and walking out.

Maybe see if your doctor has any guidelines. I asked my OS upfront and at the time he did not have any, but he did comment on the 105.
 
@wings @theresav , I must have the worst insurance of all, first they said I was approved for 12 PT sessions now I call insurance and they don't have any approval on file!! Can you believe that? I Called healthnet and they told me I have to call the group inssurance wich is accountable IPA but whe you call them they tell you that they don't talk to members! Aagghhh .... So frustrated with this. @wings 20 Lbs sounds a lot better! I could not imagine my self doing 105! You are so strong even to be able to do that much! Wow! Now 20 Lbs seems so easy right? Lol. @theresav ,yes pain and stiffness is really bad right when I get up in the morning and after I start moving around like an hour later gets better. I found sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs works wonders.. I can sleep all night except for when Alarm sounds for my pain pills! What about you @theresav & @wings? How are you managing sleep? , let keep communicating so we can track our progress!! On our way to Freddom girls!!
 
@wings sleep is good.. then alarm.. ice not cold.. next 4 hours not as good. Wish I could figure out a small freezer. .especially when I venture upstairs.. I can't depend on my sis for everything. She's not complaining but...
Seeing doc today. Will update after.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
@theresav Good luck on your appointmet with your Dr. Im going to see my PCP today also!
 
@Lili, insurance :hissy:. Sounds like your sleep is going great. I'm still sleeping in my recliner. Sleep is intermittent, but still so much better than pre surg. Feels great to be on the road to freedom! Good luck at PCP

@theresav, I hear you on the ice and hating to ask someone to bring you ice in the middle of the night. For the past several nights I've felt good enough to take care of my icing during the middle of the night. Freezer is on same floor as me. How are you icing? Gel Packs, machine ice bags? I did buy a case of instant ice packs for times I will not be able to easily access ice (like my next hospital stay) on amazon it was $17 or $18 for a case of 24 5" x9" packs. Not cheap enough for general use, but good for special times.
 
Hi @Lili - just returned to the states and found your thread. Welcome to the other side from another SoCal-er. Hope your recovery continues to improve!
 
PT has gone great for me except for one thing. A couple of days ago they put me on weight press machine. They earned my trust over two weeks, so I did not pay attention to the poundage. When I got off the machine, I saw it was set to 105 pounds. Some pain,swelling followed. I talked with my OS yesterday and he said have them back off and maybe 20-25 pounds. So I did 20 pounds yesterday.
@wings
It's much too early for any weights. Using them this early in your recovery could do a lot of damage to your knee. Insist that you don't do weights.
 
@Celle, thanks. I'm sure it's posted somewhere, but when is it okay to do weights? I do not go back to PT until Monday. PT has mentioned recumbent cycle. Is it too soon to attempt that?
 
wings, Lili
Went to see os today. All is good. Wants me to start cutting down on my medicine try and stretch a half hour an hour between and said my bending is good for now but to keep practising bending and getting it straight. Said this was the most important things and that walking long distances not important at this time.

My dog Paisley feels that some heat is important too. She has missed cuddles.

[Bonesmart.org] New knee for me !


So far so good.
 
Will start pt out of house next week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Hi Wings. If your surgeon did not cut into your quad doing light weights should be fine, at least that is what my OS told me and I trust him. Leg presses are really hard on your quads, he said. I started leg presses at about four weeks and I never felt any pain in my knee, just in my quad. When it hurt I backed off. That said, everyone is different. If you trust your OS I would listen to him and above all listen to your knee.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom