TKR New knee for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can apply heat to your back. My back would hurt at times just from sitting so much and taking the brunt of getting up/down and walking.
 
For the pain meds they always gave me the meds every 6 hrs , I didn't know if I could take them every 4
No you mustn't unless it's actually prescribed "every 4-6 hours"
That's what I'm afraid of when I go to PT , the weights!
Well just say no then. After all, it's your body and you are allowed to say what you will and won't do. It's called consent and without it, the PTs can do nothing. If they persist even though you say no, that's abuse and you can tell them that as well!
My upper thigh still hurts a little, is that normal? Any one else having that?
Tourniquet pain in upper thigh
 
Thank you @Josephine ,the information you give us is always so valuable . And you are right about PT , I will follow your advice!

Thank you

Lili
 
No you mustn't unless it's actually prescribed "every 4-6 hours"

Well just say no then. After all, it's your body and you are allowed to say what you will and won't do. It's called consent and without it, the PTs can do nothing. If they persist even though you say no, that's abuse and you can tell them that as well!
Tourniquet pain in upper thigh
@Lili I had terrible pain from tourniquet as well. It has just about gone away..14 days later. But.. my new knee seems wonderful so far and although painful at times. .it's not as bad as my fears of surgery were. I'm resting..icing. Doing my excercises. .and feeling pretty darn good. Tomorrow is 2 week anniversary. Scar is good only tonight noticing it is getting a little sensitive to anything resting on it. Some of the surgical tape is starting to lift. I've heard of wrapping in saran wrap at night when this starts happening. Anyone try this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
@theresav , Im so happy you are doing so well , I kniw what you mean in terms of the fear of the surgery, me too I had eight ball fear and I was so scared about the surgery but we are doing so good!! My tourniquet pain it's also almost gone but most of my pain right now it's in the back of my knee. I don't know if it's because I had a Baker cyst in the back of my knee and maybe that was pushing some of my thendons or muscles . I just hope it gets better with time, other than that the pain in my knee he's not that bad . I do feel the pressure and then everyone is talking about do you feel that too?

Lili
 
@theresav , I forgot to mention I do not have tapes I have staples and hopefully they are coming out tomorrow , also I think I'm getting rid of my compression socks yeah !!!

Lili
 
@theresav , Im so happy you are doing so well , I kniw what you mean in terms of the fear of the surgery, me too I had eight ball fear and I was so scared about the surgery but we are doing so good!! My tourniquet pain it's also almost gone but most of my pain right now it's in the back of my knee. I don't know if it's because I had a Baker cyst in the back of my knee and maybe that was pushing some of my thendons or muscles . I just hope it gets better with time, other than that the pain in my knee he's not that bad . I do feel the pressure and then everyone is talking about do you feel that too?

Lili
Hi @Lili

I don't have a specific pain right now but have little meltdowns where it's hard to get comfortable. It's strange. I will try to pinpoint it. Sometimes I find doing my excercises 1 hour after pain meds will help quite a bit. Getting up much easier..most the time. Holding onto counter in kitchen sometimes instead of walker and gaining some balance back. Amazed I have been content to rest.. and not go crazy. .was thinking of getting out a bit today but decided to rest and heal instead. I'm scheduled for 2nd Nov 30.. so want to get this knee strong. I can't imagine doing both at once..not my style. Glad that thigh pain is gone. That was really awful. What do I have to look forward to week 3. How's your scar? I'll send a photo tomorrow!
More sleep than I've had in years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
@theresav ,wow I'm glad you don't have that much pain, My pain is not too much either, is just the back of my knee and the bone in front of my leg I guess form the pounding? And in top of my knee left side. I will ask the OS tomorrow and I will also upload a picture after I have the staples taken out. (I hope he can take them out tomorrow) . Me too.... Lots of sleep... Provably the medicine is making us sleepy also. I have started to sometimes walk with out the Walker inside the home I will see if I can use a cane but I will ask first.

Lili
 
Hi Lili,
I'm happy you're doing so well. Is the cryo cuff working out for you? Were you able to get your staples out today? I'm in the home stretch, just one more week and then I'll be joining you on the recovery side. Reading about your successes helps me a lot. I'm sure you're glad the surgery is done, especially after all you did to get here.
Take good care,
Julie
 
@Lili....Congratulations Lili!!! So very happy for you that you are making good progress!! It seems that you are coming along nicely. I am making a move further south towards San Diego, so I am going to search for an ortho doctor out there....and get the stress test out there as well. I am very encouraged by your progress and good results. Will keep watching for your posts!! Stephanie :):):)
 
@Lili HOW did it go today? Did you get staples out? Take time letting go of walker.. it's a good reminder to others that you are not totally steady. I'm trying to avoid a fall at all cost. I'm seeing inside sometimes I go without for a step or two. How's your scar?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] New knee for me !


My scar 2 weeks post op. I am so happy with my healing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
The September Sapphires seem to be doing great. @Lili, looking forward to a pic if you get your staples out and @theresav, your incision looks awesome.
 
Good morning @theresav , good morning @wings , I have been a little sick to my stomach these past few days, also I feel very weak like I have not recup my hemoglobin , I feel very weak , my Dr gave me iron to take, but I don't know if it's working. He has not order other blood work! I'm going to call him today . I'm finding very tough to get my energy and hunger back! I'm not eating because I fell like my liver hurts (and I know the liver it self does not hurt ) but I have a pain on the right side under my rib cage.im also a little nauseated , I'm on a very soft diet hoping that this will go away. Now my knee is the least of my problems, I have been out of the pain meds for two days due to my stomach upset and I'm doing fine , no pain past level 2 , so that is great! Has any one encounter this? Is it the effect of general anesthesia? I don't know what to do , I want to feel good.@stefny, so you are moving to San Diego? My Daughter lives in Calsbad! When will that be? Good luck on your move! Great Drs out there.
@theresav your incision looks awesome!! Congratulations , keep up the good work.o

Here is a picture of my scar 2 weeks post op
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] New knee for me !
    image.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 155
Good morning @theresav , good morning @wings , I have been a little sick to my stomach these past few days, also I feel very weak like I have not recup my hemoglobin , I feel very weak , my Dr gave me iron to take, but I don't know if it's working. He has not order other blood work! I'm going to call him today . I'm finding very tough to get my energy and hunger back! I'm not eating because I fell like my liver hurts (and I know the liver it self does not hurt ) but I have a pain on the right side under my rib cage.im also a little nauseated , I'm on a very soft diet hoping that this will go away. Now my knee is the least of my problems, I have been out of the pain meds for two days due to my stomach upset and I'm doing fine , no pain past level 2 , so that is great! Has any one encounter this? Is it the effect of general anesthesia? I don't know what to do , I want to feel good.@stefny, so you are moving to San Diego? My Daughter lives in Calsbad! When will that be? Good luck on your move! Great Drs out there.
@theresav your incision looks awesome!! Congratulations , keep up the good work.o

Here is a picture of my scar 2 weeks post op
Sorry you are not feeling well. Healing looks good. Take care. Was worried about you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
@Lili, sorry you've not felt well, but that's great to be off pain meds and only have a pain level of 2. I'm still nauseous at times, but I think mine is related to the Norco. Could the nausea and upset stomach be related to the iron. I've heard some types of iron are easier on the digestive tract than others. Might be worth a call to your pharmacy.

Your incision is looking good!

Hoping you feel better soon. :console2:
 
@Lili....good to hear from you Lili!!!! So very sorry about your feeling a bit down. On the up side, how great is it that you are off your pain meds and feeling so little pain. I hope that continues!! I am sure your doctor will know how to help. Yes Lili, I am moving...actually to San Clemente which is quite close to Carlsbad as well. We will just have to meet up out there at some point. I always watch for your posts Lili, feel better soon!!! :):):)
 
Thinking of you, Lili. I hope you're able to talk with the doc and get things worked out by tomorrow. Wishing you a peaceful sleep.
:mooncat:
 
Good morning @theresav , good morning @wings , I have been a little sick to my stomach these past few days, also I feel very weak like I have not recup my hemoglobin , I feel very weak , my Dr gave me iron to take, but I don't know if it's working. He has not order other blood work! I'm going to call him today . I'm finding very tough to get my energy and hunger back! I'm not eating because I fell like my liver hurts (and I know the liver it self does not hurt ) but I have a pain on the right side under my rib cage.im also a little nauseated , I'm on a very soft diet hoping that this will go away. Now my knee is the least of my problems, I have been out of the pain meds for two days due to my stomach upset and I'm doing fine , no pain past level 2 , so that is great! Has any one encounter this? Is it the effect of general anesthesia? I don't know what to do , I want to feel good.@stefny, so you are moving to San Diego? My Daughter lives in Calsbad! When will that be? Good luck on your move! Great Drs out there.
@theresav your incision looks awesome!! Congratulations , keep up the good work.o

Here is a picture of my scar 2 weeks post op
@Lili. So he took staples out and then taped it. It looks good. Are you feeling any better tonight? My knee hurts so much every night about this time.

Theresa 9/21/15 left knee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom