TKR New knee for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all you kind words , advices and good wishes . Getting ready right now for my appointment with my OS . I will let everyone know later what he said .
 
Good news!! back from OS , he looked at scar and he said it looks very good, no infection. The discharge I had is from some kind of medicine the put on the scar for infections, some redness around incision but within normal limits and everything else very good. I was so worried this morning that I took my temperature and I had 99?? AtDrs office 98.2 Monday the staples are going out.@theresav excactly , my PCP prescribe Toradol for pain . I'm not excercising all that much, just resting , ice and
I do try to walk a lot with the Walker , little bits at a time. When I walk I stop a few times and try to lift my operated leg like I'm trying to touch my buttocks .
I do that a few times . Also I'm Icing the back of my knee and a few slides . I also have the cpm machine at home I do that a couple of times a day. The physical therapist has not called yet , but I don't mind at all, I think I'm doing just fine like this, lol,
For pain I have Norco and tramadol 50mg every 6hrs.
Thank you everyone!! As I'm writing , my physical therapist call , coming tomorrow , so will see how that goes and thanks to this site and all the great people here I know what to do and not to do when she is here! I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you

Lili
 
Hey Lili!! Great news!! I know you must be so relieved. Is your pain well controlled?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Glad it was nothing, but I'm sure you feel better hearing from th dr.
 
Good news!! back from OS , he looked at scar and he said it looks very good, no infection. The discharge I had is from some kind of medicine the put on the scar for infections, some redness around incision but within normal limits and everything else very good. I was so worried this morning that I took my temperature and I had 99?? AtDrs office 98.2 Monday the staples are going out.@theresav excactly , my PCP prescribe Toradol for pain . I'm not excercising all that much, just resting , ice and
I do try to walk a lot with the Walker , little bits at a time. When I walk I stop a few times and try to lift my operated leg like I'm trying to touch my buttocks .
I do that a few times . Also I'm Icing the back of my knee and a few slides . I also have the cpm machine at home I do that a couple of times a day. The physical therapist has not called yet , but I don't mind at all, I think I'm doing just fine like this, lol,
For pain I have Norco and tramadol 50mg every 6hrs.
Thank you everyone!! As I'm writing , my physical therapist call , coming tomorrow , so will see how that goes and thanks to this site and all the great people here I know what to do and not to do when she is here! I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you

Lili
Great news. I'll try walking more .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
@Glamg1979 yes I'm much better now, you how our minds are .. You start feeling all this thing and it's just your mind going wild from being scared. Pain in well controlled so far. Will see when therapy starts, but I won't let him hurt me,
@KarriB thank you, yes , is good to hear it from the expert right?
@theresav ,yes try the walking and I'm icing the back of my knee a lot too because My knee is swollen on the back o I feel if I can get the swelling down I can bend it more. Let me know how you are progressing! Thank you , I love you all.

Lili
 
@Lili, just catching up on your thread. Sounds like you're doing great. Next thing up for me is getting my stitches out tomorrow.
 
@wings , oh good! Did you have to whear the compression socks at all or did you take blood thinners because I have to do both! Not enjoying it at all!!
Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it went.

Lili
 
No compression socks but I took my last Xarelto pill today. Getting the compression socks on would be exercise all by itself. I'll give an update tomorrow.
 
@Lili doing so much better. Icing front. Back and thigh all the way up where most muscle pain was. Lots more rom yesterday and today. Trying to gain back independence a little each day. Excercises are a bit easier and had pt mark other leg to show how far I got and what 2 day goal was. Did some stairs yesterday.. I'm so comfy downstairs. . Not in big hurry other than 2 shower.. my friends helped me shampoo outside. :)... Felt great. So warm here. Quite refreshing. I'm feeling really good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
@theresav Im soo happy you are doing better!!! Yey!!:dancy: . Yes independence is so important. Even if we have help but asking for everything is not fun or enjoyable like some people think. My Pt came today and she had me do some simple excercises ,it didn't hurt then but my knee hurts a little right now so I know for next time , I don't know if it's normal because is not a big pain ,she didn't push me too much .she is coming back on Friday but I might have her come in next week instead!! May be after staples are out on Monday. Glad you are better. Keep me posted . Btw you live in Aliso Viejo ,I live in Downey! Not too far.
Take care

Lili
 
That is awsome ! I cant wait for mine . Isn't weird how we appreciate this littlet things we do without thinking in our every day life once we dont have them ? I 'm doing the half shower !! Lol
 
Just had my staples out today..... got home and right into the:bath: shower......it was glorious....
Does anybody know why some of us get staples.. and others just surgical tape? Scars all look so different.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom