Guest viewing is limited

TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am currently sitting in my jetted tub and though my knee is still really stiff it feels wonderful everywhere else! Only thing is, how am I going to get out of it??? :rotfl: I may have to just live in here!
 
You will figure out just how the best way to get out is, and then maybe you will make soaking in that tub a regular thing from now on. :) Enjoy!
 
Funny thing is, I've been getting in and out of there with my bad knee so long I trained myself without knowing it. I just got out like I used to and it was no problem! I'm going in there a lot!!!
 
Shelly, you certainly belong in the "Bad Girl Club" , also check us out in the social room under the, Weight loss, heading by Debbie_joints!, Just some of our conversations.
 
Welcome to Bonesmart PJ,
You will find a number of people here have clunks. Sounds like you went through a challenging experience in the hospital, glad you are home and on your way healong.
I love warm water therapy, it helps with the stiffness, and lets you do gentle exercises.
Follow the Bonesmart mantra: Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate on schedule.
Here is a link to the post TKR surgery information in the Library: https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/post-surgery-information-knees.44/
TKR is a marathon not a sprint, everyone and every knee is different.
Keep us posted on how you are doing.:friends:
 
I'm pretty freaked out at the moment... on the inside of my knee that was replaced I have pretty big red blotches that are warm to the touch. They aren't getting any bigger but aren't going away either and they are in an area that I have a great deal of tenderness and pain. I hate calling my surgeon because I feel like they are blowing me off, but this has had me so worried I have been up all night, no sleep at all :( I keep getting sick to my stomach when I take my iron pill (and I do take it with food like it says to) but it doesn't seem to help. So frustrated :sorry:
 
Try a cortisone cream. If it is an allergy or rash that should help.
 
It's not a rash, not itchy or anything, no swelling, just.. red, hot to the touch and painful. Dr

As a nurse, I was taught the signs of infection:
Heat, Pain, Redness and Swelling.

You have three out of four of those. Get thee to a doctor!

Your OS would far rather see you now than have to treat you for an infection of your implant.
 
I wanted to.and . i called my surgeon.. they said to just take the keflex over the weekend and call monday if it doesnt seem better:boohoo: :gaah:
 
How can anyone diagnose you over the phone? Don't wait till Monday. Go to the ER and get this looked at.
 
Shelly, Have you hear anything from your doctor about you US yet? How's the pain level now?
 
No news yet. I am going to call on Monday. The kidney pain is gone now. I think I am in the clear. Thanks for checking on me!
 
Yesterday then today...
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
 
Shelly thanks for the photos! You are a knock out my dear!!!! And that's without make up!!! You and hubby look so sweet in your cruise photo!
You will get your happier mood back when this ordeal is further behind you. But don't feel bad if you need medication to help you get through it. You sure picked well when you were picking out your man. He is so sweet and kind and sounds understanding. You will both be able to look back at this time and feel stronger for it. Just don't play any sarah mclaughlin songs so he doesn't start crying too! (still laughing about the video).
I am worried PJustice. I hope that is not a DVT, blood clot that is forming on her leg. Hopefully she took the advice to go to the ER so it is seen in person rather just the phone.
My son thinks I got influenza on top of my sinus thing. I'll go into more detail when I find my thread, but am still having the cough/congestion/fatigue and finally body aches kicked in.
For now want to catch up with all of you. I think I can log on at work but just had trouble with the log-in process so next week can stay caught up.
love you all and Shelly I hope you continue to feel better. Love your new "DO"!
 
Marianne,
So sorry you are not feeling well still :sad: Hopefully you kick all the yucky stuff to the curb very soon!

I am pretty lucky with my choice of hubby. He may need a swift kick in the pants to get him going sometimes but he is a GOOD man and treats me very well. He makes me laugh every day which I find very important in a marriage. He is my best friend. Besides, he knows he can't leave because I told him I refuse to ever get a divorce and the only way he is getting out of this marriage is by death. He still married me so he must be ok with that! LOL!

As for the hair, I have not had hair as long as I did in a very long time, as long as I can remember I think! But I wanted to grow it if I could. However, it started to annoy me more and more getting caught in things like the car door or in my shirt when I tried to take it off and it would cover my face at night when I laid in bed on my tummy and it would get in my mouth when I was eating. So, I decided that it was finally time to chop it off. I then gave myself 2 weeks to change my mind and it just got more and more annoying so I knew that it was time. Besides, it is just hair. It will grow back! :wink:

I hope everyone is doing well. I got my ROM to 114 the other day! That was a great thing for me!
 
Love the new haircut. I am thinking about cutting mine too, but hubby won't be happy. He likes my longer hair, but I am getting tired of it too. Hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom