TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky for me my hubby said that he likes my hair either way and then once I cut it he said that I look better than the longer hair did Che said I look younger and thinner hence sexier! Had I known a haircut could hold that kind of power I would have cut it a long time ago! :heehee: :rotfl: :rofsign: :loll:
 
I have to have my hair long enough that it can still make a ponytail, even just a stub but when I am tired or just at home the first thing I do is take off my bra and put my hair in a ponytail. In that order. I should find a way to tie my hair up in my bra right?
 
Nothing like a new 'do to energize us! Looking good Shelly! Which reminds me - I've got to go take care of the gray!
 
Sorry I have been gone so long! I have been so busy with life that I just haven't had much time to get online. I hope you are all doing well. I guess if life is too busy that I can't be laying on the couch playing online, things are going better for me. I am quite exhausted most days because of being so busy, but I don't have too much pain most days. I still ache but I think that is because it has been between 0*F and 20*F for over a week now. The cold sure kills me.

I am sorry that I haven't been able to catch up on all of your threads. I had about 40 updates today! I will try to catch up soon.
 
Shelly I am so happy that you are doing so well! Congrats! It's about time you got back to your life being a youngster! Oh to be 34 again! Sigh....
 
Apparently I spoke too soon. I was doing fine but all of a sudden about an hour ago the pain started coming back. I have been down to only two Vicodin per day (1 in am and 1 in pm) for a couple weeks or so now. But I just had to break down and take a mid day pill today. I was fine earlier but now it's screaming at me. I didn't think I did that much on it today. So, I'm laying with it up on the back of the couch now. I hope that Vic kicks in quick! Just when I thinks it's getting better it reminds me that I'm not there yet.

On a good note, my ROM was at 118 yesterday. After next week I'm bringing my PT down to twice a week. It still helps a lot but it takes so much time and energy to keep going. Especially because one gal at work quit and now my workload is going to be even more until we find someone and then I have to train that person. Ugh. I work through lunch and stay late as it is. Now what am I going to do???
 
If it's not your own business, then you need to let go and let the owner hire more people rather than working you into over time. Is it paid over time and you like it? Or is it just more time gaining only swelling and pain, without the financial reward?!
 
I'm salary so no overtime. But I do get bonuses based on effort so in a way I get paid for it. It's just in my nature to work really hard whether it is good for me or not. I tend to put in too much effort most of the time. No rest for the wicked!
 
Well, the bonus would keep me there late if it's worth it. I was working hours late daily for a school district and there is/was no thanks for it other than knowing I was going over and above. I am not doing that anymore because I need to take better care of myself. 8 hours will have to do! As it is my swelling has never gone back down to pre-back to work days.
 
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
Going above and beyond is fine as long as there's compensation for it somewhere along the line---additional money or time off and some special recognition.


I found when I was employed that the powers that be were delighted for me to knock myself out and would let me willingly---but I wasn't going to get anything for it---not even a pat on the back---so I scaled back, did my job and did it very well, but only did extra work when specifically asked to do so. Made my life a lot easier and kept me from feeling used and abused.

So frequently extra effort is not appreciated just taken for granted.
 
I can't remember what kind of job you have, but if it's a desk job can you prop you leg up with ice while doing some of it?
 
It is a desk job but I have tried propping the leg up but I can't get it high enough to make it matter. The only place I can get it high enough is on the bench in the restroom. It's ok though. It only hurts more if I have to get up and go to the printer or files too much. It's gotten much better as far as pain goes but the exhaustion is what gets to me. And now I will be working even harder, if that's possible.
 
So today I woke up and the pain is so bad I want to crawl in a hole and die! Why is it so bad again? I did nothing extra yesterday at all. I worked and came home and laid on the couch and took a bath. That's it! It must be this crazy Michigan weather we are having. I think I need to consider moving to a warmer state. It's not even that cold today. It's just rainy. But OH MY GOSH it hurts so much! :gaah: :boohoo: :sad: :sigh:
 
I could have written this post, my knee is having a :hissy:fit this morning.
Hope your knee is feeling better soon!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom