TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Sorry but I haven't been on most of today. I had the US this morning but they wouldn't tell me anything. They said that they will send the results to the doctor in 3-5 days and then they will call me once he reviews it. So, once again, it is the waiting game. Ugh.

It appears for now that my cold is gone. Maybe the antibiotic I am taking for the kidneys stopped the cold from developing. Who knows but I won't complain.

Today I had a breakdown again. I have felt myself becoming more and more emotional the past few days holding back tears that I can't explain why. Tonight I felt it coming on hard so I went to the other room and started to work on a puzzle that I started two weeks ago. Hubby comes in and asks if I'm mad at him. I told him no but then he kept asking so then the tears came. I tried to explain that I could figure out why and that made him feel bad because he couldn't fix it. He's very sweet sometimes. I did tell him that he may want to watch his "teasing" me for a few days because though I know he is just messing with me it is hitting me personally right now. I just wish I knew how to stop these tears! They are so annoying. I know that you all know what I mean and how I feel. I tried to explain that it is because I'm so frustrated with this recovery and other issues that I just need to let it all out. He understood but again he felt bad because he couldn't make it better. I sure hope these emotions get under control because I feel bad that I make him feel bad.

On a good note, I went to the grocery store and walked the whole store using the cart instead of the riding cart. It didn't hurt at all but I did swell up. So I came home and iced and elevated.

So anyways, this is why it too me so long to post today. Sorry about that and thanks for checking on me.
 
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
This may be the best cure for your blues. Hope you are feeling cheerier tomorrow.
 
For all of you Bad Girls Club gals out there, I promised to find a photo of the old sassy me so here you go. This is when I was 18 or 19. I believe this is when I had recently gotten my tattoo and tongue piercing. My how things change!

[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
 
Wow, you're quite the cutie pie Shelly!:wink: I'll bet you're still that young and sassy girl! Yup, we can sure use you in the "Bad Girls Club" I'm going to alert Deb and Lisa to come take a look at our new member!:friends: Debbie_joints ElanorG

I hope your sad mood has lifted! I know sometimes this recovery can be a downer, because it DOES take so long and we want it now! However, every day brings new changes, so hang in there my friend!

Can't wait to hear your results of you US, hopefully your doctor would keep you waiting too long! I'm happy to hear that your cold moved on. You had way too many things come at you all at once, no fair!:console2:
 
Love the pic Shelly! Look at that attitude, like you are ready to just strut your stuff! Definitely Bad Girls Club material! Like Jacky, I hope you are feeling better and the blues have lifted.
 
Shelly, there came a point, I think it was about 3 months, when my GP prescribed me a mild anti depressant for my tearful moods.
It did help
 
My mood has lifted. My hubby helped me clean the house a good bit on Sunday so it made me feel much better. I am just so sick of looking at a messy house.

Thank you all for thinking of me! :flwrysmile:

My kidney pain is gone. My cold is gone. My knee doesn't hurt 95% of the time. Things are looking better for me! :happydance:

I do still have swelling a lot and clicking a lot but it doesn't hurt so it's not too bad. It's annoying because it stops me from being able to do anything but no pain is a good thing!
 
This is me(and the hubby -Dustin) now. This was on our cruise in September for our 10 year anniversary.
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
 
That is a beautiful picture of you two! :)

I'm sorry you've been feeling so down lately. I can relate... I'm still trying to get used to this roller coaster recovery. I swear I cry at the drop of a hat. What's really weird is that every single time I get in the shower I start bawling like a baby! My sanctuary has been compromised... :gaah:

So, I'm dying to know about this Bad Girls Club! How might one become a member? :heehee:

Feel better soon!
 
Lets just say that it's in a place only my hubby and my Ob/Gyn get to see it! :rotfl: I used to be REALLY into dolphins and am still really into hearts so it is a dolphin jumping through a heart. It's purple, my favorite color. But it sure is a lot bigger now! Lol!

bmxmama2, I think you just have to want to be in and be ok with the naughty talk that comes along with it! :whistle: :rofsign:
 
So the past couple days have been extra cold here (yesterday morning it was about 15*F) and I have realized that the new knee does not like the extreme cold. The old one didn't like cold or damp either but I thought that would go away with the new one. The damp hasn't bothered it much that I noticed but this cold weather is killing me! If only I was independently wealthy, I would become a snow bird for sure! In case you don't know, that's what we northern folks call people who head south for the winter.
 
Shelly I was surprised my new knee dosent like the cold either. I thought that was just the arthritic knee it would affect. We are minus13 here at night which is very very cold for us and my knees are defnitley complaining. I did try putting a leg warmer over both knees to keep the knee warm but it worked for bad knee but just made the new knee very red and swollen so maybe not try that one again. So pleased you are feeling better. About time a. Lets hope it lasts for you. :)
 
O gosh, I don't think that I could ever be a snow bird, I just love my snow soooo much. I took my daughter to Florida in February to horse show in the past for a month and she and I really enjoyed it, but we both really missed our snow. It's ok if you all think we are weird, most people don't get it, but I am ok with that. To each her own...right?

I do hope that your knee settles down and gets used to the cold. And I am glad to hear that your kidney pain has subsided, your cold has gone and that your dear hubby helped clean the house.
 
Shelly,

Hugs about the tears! I am 4.5 mos out and still get weepy time to time. I cry over sad commercials. Just so you don't feel alone, my new knee does not like the cold either. I was thinking that would be gone, but its not. I wonder if the metal gets cold or something. Hmmm... You are your hubby are adorable!

I want to be in the bad girls club!! How do we get to join? @Elanor, your supposed to be my buddy, how come I am not in your club? Huh??? LOL
 
Tears seem to be part of the territory...my emotions are much closer to the surface these days. Combine that with chronic lack of sleep and the weenies are never far away. I figure it will all balance out in the next few months and bonesmart sure helps! Glad you seem to be on the mend Shelly. Your pics are great. You have an infectious grin!
 
Oh, Shelly...Bad Girl's Club sounds like tons of fun! I hope you start to feel better.

I'm in Florida, and we call the visitors from up morth snowbirds too. I would give anything for some snow here. :)
 
BMX - watch your mouth! I had to move back to FL from Myrtle Beach area because I couldn't stand to be cold so much. I worked outside for many years and got so aclimated to the heat that I just crave it at times. I was just telling a friend yesterday that I'd like to be out in 90 deg. heat getting some sun. Got to wait for my incisions to heal a bit more though, I think. BTW, the 3 years that I lived up there (in NC, just over the SC state line), they had a lot of snow which was unusual. The first time my reaction was "Cool, snow! It's so pretty!" By the time we moved, my reaction was "Are you KIDDING me? Snow AGAIN? UGGGGHHHH!!!"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom