Guest viewing is limited

TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pain has become less as long as I take my meds on time and use a heating pad when it starts to act up again. Only a few more days until we find out how many are in there and how big they may be. Lets hope it's just one small one that's just being stubborn.
 
Today I am dealing with the troubles of side effects from antibiotics. I'm not a yogurt eater but I may have to break down and eat some if it will stop the tummy troubles. I just hope I can make it to work without having to stop for a potty break! :shocked:

Also the knee is aching pretty bad today. Can't figure out if its just the cold weather or if I did something to make it mad. Had PT after work last night but they didn't do anything that hurt so I don't know if I just overdid it or what. :shrug:

One of these days I hope that all of my issues fade away so I can feel well enough to start exercising and eating healthy. I don't know about you gals but for me, when I'm miserable I don't want to worry about what I'm eating. I just want whatever makes me feel good in that moment. I know it's short lived but one moment of enjoyment means a lot in misery that seems never ending.
 
Shelly, sorry you are feeling the effects of the antibiotics. If you don't like yogurt, I would just take a probiotic pill. It is more effective than yogurt anyway, as you never know if the good bacteria are still alive in the yogurt anyway. Sorry your knee is bothering you too. It might just be one of those days. Yesterday my non-TKR knee ached all day. I had done nothing excessive or different! I am sure you are still mending from the MUA too, so I would expect you would still have achy days. I hope you feel better soon!
 
Shelly just catching up with your thread and like me 2013 hasnt been too good for you has it. Hope you get things sorted soon with the dreaded kidnery stone. Noooo when im misreable i go for all the foods i shouldnt eat but who cares. Got to get comfort from somewhere havent we. Hope 2013 gets much better for you soon. Will be watching your progress. Take care. x
 
Ok, that's it. UNCLE! I give up! :gaah:I just don't understand why I cannot catch a break. :shrug:
First it's the knee issues. They start to get a little better and then I get the kidney stones. Then I take an antibiotic for those and it gives me the poops. That goes away and now today I woke up with a cold starting in! I just can't take anymore of this! My throat is hurting, my nose and eyes are burning, my face feels warm and my chest is hurting. I want to go home and lay in bed and not get out until it is all done with me. :tantrum: Sorry for the tantrum but I am just miserable and can't seem to catch a break. I know there are a lot of folks out there worse off than I and I should be glad that I am not going through those things, but my battles are what I am dealing with and they just bring me down. :sad:

Thanks for listening to me rant and pout.
 
:cry: you are not alone with this miserable cold, lots of rest is all we can do. Hope you catch a break when your cold goes away.
 
Shelly you are not by yourself. Karlea my daughter was absolutely awful so I symphasize (spelling!) Hope you feel better soon Shelly. You really have had a lot to put up with since your TKR and really do deserve a break. Sending you hugs x x x
 
Shelly, sorry you have a cold on top of everything else. Must be that with everything else you have going on that your immune system is really low. But it sounds like there are a lot of people that have it also. Put some Vicks on the bottom of your feet and then some socks before going to bed. Won't hurt you anyway.
 
Aw Shelly, you are going through the ringer! :console2: TGIF and hopefully you can get lots of rest this weekend, after your ultrasound that is. I certainly hear you about the food thing, sometimes that's the only thing that can make you feel better, dang food! Yummmaaaa! :)
 
At times my classroom sounds like a pneumonia ward with coughing, hacking, sneezing, etc. I have gone through two boxes of Kleenex this week alone---and i am also going through gallons of hand-sanitizer trying to prevent my own contamination AGAIN!
 
Oh, Shelly. I'm sorry you're dealing with this! I really hope you feel better soon. Thank you for your kind words to me earlier today. They helped ease my mind. I truly hope your weekend gets better. Maybe you can curl up with some chicken soup and a good book and relax... :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
Take the hint from this smart feline----just curl up and sleep and sleep and sleep some more this week-end. Let everyone else take care of themselves. It does seem that when it rains on us when we least need it, it just pours and pours and pours.
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
Please take good care of yourself. [Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
 
Kicked back and watched The Lorax movie tonight. It was cute. My cold isn't as bad now so hopefully it's going away. *fingers crossed!*

Now it's time for bed. I have to get up early for my ultrasound in the morning to determine how many kidney stones I have, if there are any left. I still get pains but somedays they are 95% gone so it doesn't bother me. Then the next day it hurts again. Go figure.

I promised my hubby I would go to the movies with him this weekend too. He has been missing it since we haven't gone since before my surgery.

Good night everyone!
 
Shelly I am so sorry you are going through this! I can't believe it. The stone problem is so painful. I had one in June but was lucky with it. Pain for 20 minutes then fell asleep like I was drugged! You are not so lucky and now you have a cold and cough. I am thinking about this am. I am having my own issues, will put them on my thread but yours are more serious and I feel bad. I haven't been able to keep up with everyone's threads. Night before spent 2 hours in middle of night but missed yours. I am so glad you have such a wonderful husband Shelly. I have told so many people about his hilarious Mclaughlin video with your puppies scarfing down a whole pizza with hubby bawling his eyes out. I had a nightmare last night that I got back together with my ex-husband. You picked a good one Shelly! I was in the wrong line when they got passed out. Love it that you watched Lorax!
Prayers and good thoughts that your US is negative this am. I do remember soreness after mine was passed and I am hoping that's all your pain is about. Buy those lotion Kleenex, cough drops, some semi homemade soup and lots of things to drink while you are out. I agree with Eleanor or you can take the liquid probiotics, just slug it down like a shot. They are expensive but you are getting more of the culture.
Take good care! XOXOXOX
 
Shelly, would you believe that Dave and I have not been to a movie in over 15 years. I remember I didn't like going because I was so fat and it was uncomfortable to sit in the seats. Now it seems that there isn't a movie that really interests me anyway.
 
Wow, Debbie! I think my hubby(Dustin) would divorce me! Lol. He loves the movies. He would go once a week if I would.
 
Shelly, guess you could say that Dave and I are pretty thrifty on stuff like movies and going out to eat, we just don't even go out to eat that much. BUT, then we spend out play money on this big motor home and the polaris razor to have fun out in the desert. We know people that have to go out every Friday and Saturday nights, out to eat and a few drinks and you start adding what that costs, and then they complain they don't have money.
 
Shelly careful with the cold. You think you are feeling better, then it sneaks back and bites you in the butt. I have one too, and feel rather blech at the moment. All achey, ugh!

Hope you got rid of all those stones, big hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom