TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only work so well and since I had to drive to work without dozing off I couldn't take too much.
 
Shelly, I am sorry your pain has gotten bad again. I do think the weather has a lot to do with it as I went through a more painful patch recently when then temps dropped. I was like you, did not do anything different, and actually less exercise due to the weather. Sorry you are having to work more. My days are getting longer now too and a little more stressful. Does tire you out. Hang in there girl! :kittykiss:
 
Thinking of you, Shelly. Hope your day is going well and fast while you are at work. Cyber hugs to you.... :flwrysmile:
 
Hope you are feeling better Shelly, it sucks when you can't take your pain pills because you have to work, or drive.
 
Howdy Shubbles, For several days her have tried to thank you [ie, figure out how to find somebody's thread (many lessons by Randi are hopefully paying off if this gets through to you)] for having the "video" (showing my behind the times age here--well, what are they on facebook or a tweet site?? I've never used either so stop as I'm digging myself deeper into the hole called ignorance) sent by your friend so that we could be dazzed by the miraculous pizza pups demonstrating once again their stunning power through "simple" eye contact augmented by there beyond facades which cause a person to become a helpless victim in the face of their skill.
(I don't have the energy to check, but I do believe I have managed (mangled) all this in one "simple" sentence.....) ruffian
 
I hope the pain has subsided by now. I think the cold weather is a killer at this stage of the game. It doesn't get very cold here. We are lucky that way. But! Spring is just around the corner! Isn't it??? :scratch:
 
Shelly, I'm sorry that things have been so tough lately. Working long hours does take it's toll and does slow everything down for you. So I can understand that you feel discouraged sometimes. I've got a new poster for you---hope it helps a little
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
and makes you feel good inside. I hope you can have some good laughs the rest of the week.


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
 
Thank you everyone!:flwrysmile: I did have some rough times at the beginning of the week.:gaah: Things have gotten a little better in the knee world, though work is still making me bonkers. My ROM made it to 121:yes: for a brief moment this week though it went back down to 118 on Wednesday. My PT said that he could tell I was more swollen then so that is probably why it went back down a bit. But I am still thrilled with the 118! I tell you all that the MUA did the trick and I am super glad that I had it done. I know some of you are afraid of the letters MUA even, but I am telling you not to be afraid because I was so scared that I almost didn't do it but then I conceded and after it was done and over with it was SOOOOOO worth it! So, if this is something that is suggested to you, really think about it before you run screaming the other direction. I was stuck at 85 for a while and felt I could not go any further but now I am at 118 or better!

So, as far as work goes, we are supposed to have a new person start in 2 1/2 more weeks so my workload should get a tiny bit lighter:beg: but not at first because I have to train this guy so that means even more on my plate for a couple weeks.:sigh: I talked to the bosses this week and explained that I am so overwhelmed with things to do that I cannot see straight.:hairpulling: They tried to come up with some ways to move things to another person but there really is no one else (for now) who could do the things correctly so it looks like I am stuck with most of it.:sos: Hopefully this new guy is intelligent enough that I would feel comfortable handing a few of the things off to him. So, in the mean time, it looks like I am going to have a few late nights at work in addition to my night time PT. :mcoffee: Good news is that my PT is now only twice a week instead of 3 times! :SUNsmile:

Oh, and since you all loved the video of my hubby and our pups, check out some of his/our other videos. If you think they are funny, like them and share them with your friends. Some of them are pretty stupid but still fun to watch. BEWARE, some have some foul language in them so don't watch them around the kids!

https://www.youtube.com/user/dorkbrigadeonline

https://www.youtube.com/results?sea...21.1561.0j10j1.11.0...0.0...1ac.1.X1F-30AEvPs

Oh, and let me know which ones you liked most and maybe a sequel will happen! :-)
 
Murphy's Law: When you are shorthanded at work and have more to do than you have time in a day for, the computers will crash and you won't be able to do a single thing. Yep, that's how my day is. How's yours? :gaah: :hairpulling: :hissy: :headbang:
 
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
Murphy's Law in full force---if it can go wrong, it will go wrong, and at the worse possible time. You know these electronic monsters have a life of their own. We just think we're in charge---but they are running the show----just like our knees. They may be related.

And I was told that they would make work so much easier.
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
:rotfl:
 
I hope you are staying warm! I watched a few of the videos-very creative. I liked the HS reunion one . It was funny but didn't show you in a very good light or your hubby either! I noticed the video that got the most views was...the doggies. Go figure. All that human intelligence and effort and who gets the most attention, just for being cute? You guessed it! I'm posting a pic of Himself on laundry day.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 158
What a cute pup you have! My girls would love him!

Thanks for watching some of our goofiness :thankyou: it keeps us busy. Lol
 
It's so fun doing things like your videos. It keeps the creative juices flowing. Over the years we've done writing together and I've played string band music (banjo) and the African marimba band. I'm not good at any of it but its fun to make your own entertainment. :spin:
 
Shelly, I watched some of those videos, very funny! I liked the peanut butter sandwich making one, and the one where you changed places with your hubby in bed, and when the aliens abducted you, the look on your face when you returned! That just about killed me! Very funny!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom