Guest viewing is limited

TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
((((hugs)))) Shelly, Hang in there and feel better soon!!! This is supposed to be the year to feel better and hopefully you will be doing that soon.
 
Thank you all for the wise words! I was ok this morning but as the day went on it got worse and worse. Ive been on a heating pad for hours now and still on Vicodin. I have also been drinking a ton of water and some cranberry juice to try to flush it. I did read online that I will need an antibiotic due to the knee replacement for this so my plan is to call my OS emergency line tomorrow and have them call in a RX for me. The pharmacy is closed tonight so no point in calling them now. If that doesn't work, I'll try my PCP tomorrow. If that doesn't work then I guess I will break down and find the urgent care place. It is weird because it seems to get better over night and in the morning but as the day goes on it increases in pain and urination. It really sucks!

I will let you all know how it goes!
 
Yow! Have you gotten to a doctor yet? This is serious! Listen to Randi and get your little butt in to the doctor, hospital, urgent care. you don't want to risk infection in that knee. (I know, you probably already did, that was yesterday)
 
I spoke with my OS's on call Doc yesterday and he said to call my PCP this morning and insist on being seen and if they still can't see me then he will get me in to the doc next door to him in his office building. So I am waiting until 8am when the open and then I will call to see when I can get in there. I am going to go somewhere today, I promise! I just didn't want to go to a new place when my doc already knows me and my history. I really like my doc too. It is just that he is so good that he is really busy. I will let you know how it goes.
 
Update: Doc says no infection in my urine but there is trace amount of blood in it which is consistent with kidney stones. He thinks I passed one stone but have at least one more or more still in there. I have to get an ultrasound so I scheduled that on Saturday morning. In the mean time I got an antibiotic just in case.

Does it ever end? :hairpulling:
 
Shelly, I am glad you at least know. It does eventually end, although I am sure it does not seem like it.
 
Aw Shelly, That stinks!!! I hope that if you have more stones they quickly move on through... Hang in there! I will be praying for you my friend!
 
I never saw a kidney stone,
I never hope to see one.
But I can tell you one thing hon,
I'd rather see one than be one!

Apologies to Ogden Nash! I'm glad you got looked at. After all if they want us taking antibiotics for teeth cleaning then other infections are probably risky too. I hope you don't "see one" either. I hope you're feeling a LOT better soon.
 
Thanks everyone! I sure hope it all "passes" very soon!
 
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34 Shelly, you have all the sympathy I can summon up. I have passed one stone in my lifetime---and it was one time too many. Although we should be grateful that we can pass them fairly easily. My son has undergone 4 lithotrpsies (intense beam of ultrasound to smash large stones into small fragmens) so he can pass his. First time he had a stone, he thought he was dying. I do hope that this "passes" soon. [Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
 
Shelly,
Glad to hear you at least know what is going on now. Not so glad it is more stones. My husband has them quite often, one time the pain was in his abdomen, not his bak, and he thoughts he was dying found out it was a 9mm, quite large so he was told. Then sometimes he doesn't even know it is happenings until he sees it when it passes. Really strange little critters they are.
Hope all comes out in the wash, as they say. Get well soon.
 
Yikes to you both! Again, I guess I am lucky in comparison.
 
I'm not sure if it is just me and my account but I tried to read threads tonight and all of the threads says they are "closed" for some reason. Is anyone else having this issue?
 
Prayers for a rapid, painless recovery :flwrysmile: ! I am not having any problems on this site so not sure why it says closed?
 
Shelly, I'm glad your going to get an ultrasound on Sat., to bad it couldn't be sooner! I passed one stone, driving home from work many years ago, and I'm lucky I didn't get in an accident because I swear my eyes were crossed all the way home! Not something I ever want to experience ever again! :yikes:

I haven't had that issue with the threads, have you checked your privacy settings?
 
Shelly, I really hope you are feeling better. I have never experienced it, but it doesn't sound pleasant... Good luck and keep us posted!

Stacey
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom