TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Shelly, I totally understand. It sounds like you have some experience finding ways to handle her. My antenna went up when you mentioned casino in your first post as I worked with addicts for 25 years, including gamblers. Lets just say, I'm burned out now! I wish you a very good 2013, you've already given birth to a baby kidney stone and I wish you smooth sailing ahead. BTW, it's Lindsay and she's started a thread in the preop area under the name ruffian. I'm not sure she will use it like I do- she's way more introverted and not very techy but a lovely soul, indeed.
 
Aww hugs Shelly! My niece has chronic kidney disease and passes a stone about once a month! It was worse, she was passing 3-4 a month. I have had multiple bowel obstructions and let me tell you those are pretty darn painful too. Hugs!
 
Yikes! I always say that I should be thankful because there are always people that have it worse than me. Sheesh!
 
Had my first official day back to full time at work today. I swelled up a lot but the pain was fine. Then after work had to head straight to PT. They measured my ROM and I wasn't very good on flexion(only 92 or so) today due to the swelling but my extension was at 2! She measured my swelling too and found that my TKR knee was 2.5cm bigger than my non TKR knee so she said that was considerable swelling which explained the lack of flexion. After PT I came home and had dinner then did laundry and the dishes so now I am totally beat! I am heading to bed now. Good night everyone!:zzz::sleep:
 
Shelly, try to take it easy when you get home from work. But it sounds like you are doing well, all told. Sorry about the NYE kidney stone. My husband had a kidney stone, his first, and hence he thought he was dying, on a flight from Switzerland to Brazil on Christmas Eve day one year. That was fun.
 
Oh trust me, they are awful! I wanted to tear myself in two just to get it out. But once it passed I was a ton better. I'm still having some issues with urinating because of it but all in all I'm ok. It makes me feel like I REALLY have to go a lot but then I try and only a trickle comes out. Not fun!
 
I'm exhausted but can't sleep. Ugh. I hate it when this happens. Especially when I have to get up in 6 hours! :gaah:
 
Well, I made it through half of a week back to work full time. However, with the kidney stone on Monday I think I now have a UTI because my kidneys and bladder keep aching severely and my urination stream is still wacky. So I may just have to go visit my PCP as a walk in tomorrow and get an antibiotic for it. Not happy about this. 2013 was supposed to be pain free not painful! :gaah: :hairpulling: :headbang:

Well anyways, between work, PT and dealing with these pains I haven't felt much up to being on here so I have fallen a bit behind. Sorry if I missed anything.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
 
Aw, you're doing fine. Just take care of yourself and get better. I've never had a kidney stone and now I am even more certain that I hope to never get one! :console2:
 
So I called the doctor to be sure he was in and he is out today. So then I asked when his next available appointment is and she tells me 1/14/13!!! I guess it's a good thing I'm not dying! Looks like I will have to fight this on my own. Hello cranberry juice and lots of water!
 
If you think you could have a UTI and don't have a doctor you can get in with sooner than the 14th, go to Urgent Care and get it checked. If you have bacteria in your system, it's possible for it to latch onto the knee implant and cause an infection there which could require surgery, etc. don't battle any bacterial infection on your own! Do yo have a fever at all? I don't want to worry you, but this is something you should worry about.
 
No fever just achiness and urination issues. I talked to my OS office a little while back and they said that I only have to worry about infections that could be in the blood. I'm going to give it a few more days and if it is still bothering me next week after I flush it with water and cranberry juice then I will go as a walk in to the doctor. I just hate being a walk in because you can sit there for hours before being seen. But thanks for the advice! I will be sure to stay on top of it.
 
Shelly there is a product that is over the counter called AZO. It will at least help to ease the discomfort when you pee. It will turn your pee bright orange tho. Hugs!
 
Ouch Shelly, no way, no how would I not be able to go get treatment for a UTI. I use to get them all the time. I know take a cranberry pill every day and I tell hubby there is no :whistle: unless he takes a really good shower. Being we own a dairy farm, he works in a very bacteria laden area. He doesn't wear gloves all the time and his hands would get very dirty and for some reason, he would pass that on to me. Gosh, not sure how that happens. :heehee: When we go and winter in AZ, we take a drive and walk over the boarder into Mexico and I get one new bottle of Bactrim every year. Very cheap and I have it on hand when I first get that burning feeling. Now before you all get after me, it is with my surgeons blessing that I do it. I know the amount I am suppose to take and for how long and I don't just take it on a whim. In fact I don't think I had to take anything this year. Doc said it is so important to hit those infections quickly.
 
Debbie you may not be able to do that anymore. New law you must have a rx to get antibiotics in Mexico now. They are pretty strict about it. Went into affect last year I believe. Hubby is mexican and we not only watch spanish news in evenings, but travel there frequently. We also tried to get some anti's and they told us not without a rx.
 
Just keep a check on your temperature. My daughter was a busy college student, ignored the symptoms of a bladder infection, ended up with a kidney infection that went septic and ended up in the hospital for five days.
 
I used to get UTI often as a younger woman, and that is painful! I won't wait to have it checked out Shelly, if you do have an infection, and it sure sounds like you do, you can be causing more damage if you continue to wait. For peace of mind, yours and ours, have it checked out! Pleaseeee!:beg:
 
Shelly, I agree with everyone else. Go to an Urgent Care clinic even if you have to sit awhile. Don't let this sit. I used to get UTIs all the time and waiting does not make them better!
 
Well! It sounds like you've herd from the experts! You have lots of good moms on Bonesmart. :yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom