TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
 
Happy Sunday folks!

I'm hurting a bit today and it could be one of two things.
1) on Friday my favorite PT gal was out sick so I got put with a different gal that doesn't know me. Most of what I did was normal exercises but then she decided to help my extension by putting my ankle on a folded towel and then pushing down on my knee. I kept saying "ow" and she wasn't getting the picture so I said "that is hurting a bit" and she says "I'm barely pushing" so I said "I don't know what to tell you but it hurts me!" She finally stopped but I think it was too late.
2) I did some cleaning around the house including laundry, dishes, and I got on the floor to clean a low area and had to get back up. I did it very carefully, but I did it! :happydance:

On a side note, I looked in the social room and can't find anything about the New Years Eve party. Can someone add a link to it here for me?

Congratulations on your improvements---while you are making big strides, you are right in the fact that there is a way to go---so do not worry, be patient, and take your time. The knee sets the schedule for the recovery time-table; no matter what we do, it must be on the knee's terms and not ours.

We also have all done a little too much, too soon have paid the price for it. We have all gone beyond the knee's expectations and have been put on notice for it!

You are, though, moving forward nicely!
 
Shubbles that was what my PT was doing that would just make me so miserable the next day. Thats what I meant that it was hurting more than helping. And it never helped my extension, if anything I think it made it worse. Hugs!
 
Shelly, I'm sorry that you are hurting!:console2: Don't be affraid to report that PT to the top, after all if she doesn't know when to stop if someone tell her it hurts then she shouldn't have that job! And, you definitely don't have to have her again, you're the boss (and your knee of course), not her!
I hope you feel better soon, my dear!:flwrysmile:
 
Jacky48, unfortunately she IS the top! She runs that location. I think I am supposed to have her once more in a week or two but I will be sure to let her know not to do that to me again. I find it so difficult when you get stuck with someone you haven't worked with before because they don't know what works best for me and it takes a couple times to get them to understand. I wish I could just always have Michelle but most of the time I get Mike who has finally learned what works for me. Now I have to train Karen too. Ugh.
 
Well, I have to work tomorrow and I haven't decided how long I will stay. If I am still aching like today then I won't be there too long but hopefully this ache will be gone by tomorrow. I have a full two days ahead of me because after work I have a friend coming over to hang out for the Eve. Then my mom's bday is Tuesday and she wants to go to a movie then to the casino and then out to eat. I don't know how I will do since I haven't been to a movie since the surgery and trying to sit still for 2 hours without the legs being elevated has yet to be done for me. I hope she understands if I can't do all three things with her. But she probably won't. She is unfortunately one of those people who gets very upset if her plans get changed and takes it all too personally. She feels like I "just don't care about her" if I can't be with her as long as she wants me to. So, Tuesday evening I may be on here to vent. It's really bad that I am already not looking forward to it. Ugh.
 
Well, got up and went to work today and I started to feel this terrible ache in my lower back.:sad: The only thing I could attribute it to was that I had bent down to pick the mail up off of the floor and maybe I pulled a muscle in my back. So, I laid down on the couch in the ladies room for a few and it seemed to help a little :) but as soon as i sat up it came back:groan: . Then it was getting worse and worse so finally I decided I had no work that had to be done today so I was going home. It's a good thing I did! Every bump on the way home sent shooting pains in my back:yikes: . I got home and laid flat with a heating pad under me and it just got worse and worse. Then I went to the other room and laid on the couch and could not find a position that helped. So, then the tears came:boohoo: . I was balling my eyes out wishing I would pass out because the pain was so intense. Then I remembered what it felt like the last time I had a kidney stone and started to worry that I may be having another one:shocked: . Sure enough, after my hubby came home and threatened to take me to the ER, I drank a bottle of water and felt the pain moving toward the front of my pelvic area and went to the potty and passed a stone. I know that I did because it hurt when it came out, as if something scratched the hole and once that happened, then pain diminished by 95%!:tada: So, I have been drinking tons of water to flush it all out and still have a little pain both in my back and "down below" but it is much better than it was. I am just glad I did not have to go to the ER again because I am very sick of being in the hospital!

So, that's how I am celebrating NYE. Hope your's is better than mine!
 
Shelly I feel for you. I have never ever seen my 30yr old son in such so much pain as when he passed a kidney stone. I was sat in the back of the ambulance with him and the poor thing had the blanket over his face so I couldnt see him cry. It was awful. His passed the following day and hes had another one since. Im glad youre feeling better. What an awful end to the new year for you. Well........ It can only get better :happydance::egypdance:
 
Pat, this was my fourth one. The first was while I was in high school, about 9th grade or so. None have been easy. They say it hurts more than having a baby.

Yes, 2013 hopefully will be a ton better! Hope yours is too!
 
I heard kidney stones are worse then child birth, glad you passed yours without going to the ER. Dave had one that was almost a half inch big. Dr said no way would he get that thing out. They had to go into surgery and they went up and then blasted it. He said he pee'd dust after that.
 
Yikes! Poor Dave! I have never had one that bad, thank goodness! Mine have all been small but they still hurt like the dickens!
 
Awww Shelly, I am so sorry that you had a kidney stone, but glad that you passed it. Here's wishing you a much better New Year.
 
My 2012 year in review:
+Spent New Years in Chicago with my family (JAN)
-/+ Got my basement refinished due to a sewer back up(FEB-MAR)
-Had my 6th knee surgery(FEB)
-Lost my job of 6.5 yrs(FEB)
+Found a new job that is great and a positive career move(MAR)
+Went to NY with my family and won a dance contest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon(APR)
-Walked to much in NY and messed up my knee again(APR)
+Went on a cruise with my hubby for our 10 year anniversary and had an amazing time(SEPT)
-Had a total Knee Replacement (7th knee surgery)(OCT)
-Had a Manipulation under anesthesia(DEC)
-Passed a kidney stone on New Year's Eve(DEC)

Lets hope that in 2013 my positive's outweigh my negatives! Let's hope yours do too!
 
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
You had a full 2012, Shelly---and if you look at all the little things, I'll bet the positives always outweigh the negatives. We just live in an info age that accentuates the negative, and we tend to follow that line. Maybe you can give up knee surgeries for 2013---you've already had more than your fair share. Take care.
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
 
Happy New Year Shelley. I just have one thing to say, and you know I don't like to tell people what to do, but this you must. Don't let your mother badger into doing more than you can do. You have already had a tough week and I think the Tuesday agenda looked a bit daunting and so do you. You will just have to tell her that you are not up to it physically and just do part of the activities. If she's your mother I am assuming that she is a big girl and can handle it. It can be hard though. Only you can take care of yourself and she probably has no idea how much you can handle. That goes double for the PT. Don't just say it hurts, say stop.
 
Shelly? You passed a kidney stone last night, on New Years Eve? If so, I'd say your slate is clean and you are good to go for 2013! Life has to be better and you will be on the winning end my friend! (((((Hugs)))))
 
Randi, unfortunately once I became an adult I became the parent and my mother became the child. I am the one who has to tell her what to and what not to do. I have to yell at her for spending too much time at the casino. I have to yell at her for saying things that never should be said, especially in public. She acts like a child all the time and besically thinks that rules don't apply to her and then if she is told she is wrong then she throws tantrums. You would think that she has alzheimers and has gone back in time in her mind but really she has just lost the ability to care about anything but herself. So, because she is my mom and I love her, I have to put up with a lot of the **** that she pulls. I have told her that I probably won't be able to make it to dinner already so hopefully she will understand this tomorrow.

But I do appreciate your caring words! Happy New Year to you and Lyndsey (is that spelled right?)
 
Shelly, your mom might very well have dementia or Alzheimer's, it's not easy to detect! Just keep a close eye on her and if you can check in with her doctor! They need to know what you know, because doctors don't see their patients that often.

I wish you the best of health and happiness in this new year my friend! :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom