THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

hi all.:tree lights: have not been on for a while as i have had very painful hands' arms etc and couldn't use them. am typing with one finger so appologise if any mistakes. just want to wish everyone a happy and healing christmas. hopefully will be able to come back here in the new year. hope you are all recovering and growing stronger every day.:reindeerlights:hugs carol:santa hug:
 
@Cas, how very sweet of you to express those heartfelt good wishes to all while you are having such trouble yourself! I am wishing you happy holidays, and healing and strength in the new year! :tree::snowman::candle::box:
 
Hope today is a Good Day.
Onward and upward for the New Year:) :-) (:
 
@Jaycey Hi my friend. How are you doing? Not been on for a while as been unable to use hands!!! Been diagnosed with inflammatory RA. It came on very suddenly and pain was unbelievable. Seen specialists , have had all bloods, exrays etc done so now just waiting for results and to start on meds. We WILL get to meet up one day LOL! Can only get better from now on. At least I know whats wrong with me! Just miss driving the car and dog walks out of question. Got to keep smiling and adjust to things again. Hope all is well with you hugs Carol
 
@Cas I was getting worried about you! So sorry you have RA but that's good you have a diagnosis. Hope you can get on the meds soon.

We happen to have thread in the Social Room call Bonesmarties with RA. You are not alone. Unfortunately it seems a growing problem.

I'm doing OK thanks. Usual aches and pains - especially with the cold weather we are seeing. Please do keep us updated!
 
@Cas, so sorry that you have a new and painful condition. Hope you get to start on those meds very soon and you get relief from that pain. Wishing you strength and comfort!
 
@Jaycey and @Krista thanks for your support peeps. Am missing my car at the mo. Can't drive it as hands and wrists too painful! Thumbs and palms are the worst. Also my car ( although 16 years old ) died at the weekend.:bawl:. Have hopefully got (new to me one) another one that may come this week. It's also wheelchair adapted so I can take my chair out when we are out for the day ( the back got so bad over last year that I couldn't keep up with the people I Was out with and was left trailing in the rear!!!! Only use it if we are going for long walks or out walking all day round country houses etc. There is always a solution LOL.
Must say maybe all the rest I've HAD to have last year may have a silver lining as hip is FABulous. What a boon - told the rheumy it was the only joint that didn't hurt and could I have some more:roseshwr:. Am on steroid injections and it has helped big time with swelling and pain so am feeling much better. Amazing how no pain makes life wonderful. See specialist Feb 20th so will let you know how things go. Hope you are both well and the weather isn't affecting you too much. Love and hugs Carol x
 
@Cas I was thinking about you today as the weather is not helping my lower back issues at all! So glad the injections are working for you. Please do keep us updated!

Oh dear, old car died. I got rid of my 17 year old car last January and bought something practical. But sounds like you have a solution pending. Fingers crossed you can get behind the wheel in the near future.
 
@Cas, glad you are getting some relief from that pain! And how awful it must be not to be able to drive, and to have your car die, too! I just love how positive :) :-) (:you genuinely seem to feel, even though you are in trouble. :unsure:

I'm fine, thanks for asking. I have all kinds of mostly minor aches and pains, but generally doing well, don't need anything for pain except occasionally. My back is a mess, but I get around. I can drive, and walk well outside with a cane, so I can't complain too much. Yes, do let us know what the specialist says.
 
thanks all. I do try to be positive as it's no use being down to man or beast but I do have my "despair" days as well. Usually a good self pity cry sorts me out LOL! There is always a solution to lifes probs even if means adapting your lifestyle but sometimes it's hard :tantrum: LOL! Will keep you posted Cheers Carol. x.
 
Hi @Cas sorry to read that you’ve been struggling with do much pain. It’s an awful thing and really brings you down. Glad that the injections are giving you some relief. Hope your new car arrives soon and gives you the freedom to get out and about :flwrysmile:
 
@Jackie222 thanks for your message and good wishes. Am hoping car will be ok. Had to get finance sorted and they are delivering it so that if I don't like it it can be sent back. Cheaper than having to get driven down, spend the night and drive back. Also at mo driving is a no no for me LOL Especially long distance. Can't wait for it to arrive !!!!:dancy:
 
@Jaycey @Krista and anyone else!!! New car arrived today. I could drive it !!!!!!! Hands much better after 2 weeks of steroids injections. Wow -Yippee - freedom. Just need tax and away we go thank god. Thought at one time would never be able to drive again. Hugs to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] New Hip -Now bionic!!<
    new car 2.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 164
Wow - that's a mega car! I am not used to driving large vehicles. Big respect to you! Where are we meeting for coffee?
 
Back
Top Bottom