Guest viewing is limited

THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

@Jaycey any where you like my friend. Is the bird sanctuary open this time of year? Or anywhere else you like. Would love to meet up you have helped me so much. Love and hugs Carol xxxxxxxxxxx
 
Bempton Cliffs Seabird Centre is indeed open all year round. PM me and let's arrange something.
 
Congrats on the car @Cas
So exciting and provides such a feeling of independence.
It's wonderful the injections have helped with the swelling and pain allowing you to drive again.
Happy trails....hope your week is good!
 
Wonderful to see you feeling positive and having some freedom back!
Happy happy happy for you, Cas!
:driver::yahoo::loveshwr:
 
Beautiful vehicle! Terrific about your hands feeling much better!
 
@Jaycey Hi pals @Krista . Love my new vehicle and as a bonus my daughter is very happy to drive it!!! We both go somewhere at the weekends I am too tired and painful to drive all day as yet so we share. Went to my archery class this week and was amazed that I could actually pull the bowstring with very little discomfort!!!! yet it hurts to drive the car!!! Can't understand it? My hip is brill I forget now it's ever been done it's so good. It's now 15 months since I had the op. Back still painful and got some piriformis. Did I spell that right? LOL. Still plodding on . Hopefully will get back to my Tai Chi classes soon as well. The long journey is not over yet but think I'm getting there bit by bit. When I look back at my first post I have come so far from the sobbing individual lying half on and off the bed unable to get on or off LOL. Anyway enough of me. How are you both doing? Let me have an update on you. Hope the weather has not been too cold for you - it plays havoc with joints. Roll on Spring and fingers crossed some dry and sunny days that we can try to do a bit of gardening. It seems ages since it was warm! I may even lose a bit of weight!!!****!!!!. Put on 2 stone over the last 3 years down to not being mobile and just eating the same. Love and happy days ahead for you both Carol x

If anyone is feeling down and reads my post - take heart there is light at the end of the tunnel with the help of friends on here I am getting through it and so will you.
 
:goodpost:really, Great Post.
So glad you can get back to Life!
 
am at the endocrinology clinic today so will see what they have to say. It's been a while since I was last there so hope there's nothing else wrong! Hey ho it is what it is. Will let you know what happens @Jaycey
 
Good luck today Carol @Cas ! Please update when you can!
 
@Jaycey Morning. My app went ok but may have to have op to remove the gland that makes calcium. My calcium levels have been through the roof over last 3 years so have to do the 24 hr urine test again and have bloods taken the same day to see if I need the op. Also going to see OS who did my hip for final check? this week then arthritis consultant next week! Am collecting consultants as if they were flowers in Bloom LOL! I have 4 at the mo!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you are keeping well will keep you updated. Carol xxxx
 
Am collecting consultants as if they were flowers in Bloom LOL! I have 4 at the mo!!!!!!!!!!
:rotfl: I know the feeling! I had some major cardiac issues last year. Have to see the cardiologist, cardiac nurse, nurse practitioner at my GP ...... constant appointments. I think I have had enough blood take to supply another person! Ain't it great getting old?

Your final hip check with your OS should be the easy one. Good luck with your other tests. I'll be here cheering you on!
 
@Jaycey Why can't we just get a head transplant - no - a brain transplant would be better! LOL! Eyes are going,daughter says she thinks hearings going, Need teeth as they are not happy with all the meds over the years!!! Went for another blood test in Hull today - Know what you mean about all the blood -did suggest a permanent tap be installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least we can have a sense of humour. Am ok driving so as soon as we get a bit better weather we'll meet up - can't wait. Hope you're doing ok. hugs Carol
 
Why can't we just get a head transplant - no - a brain transplant would be better!
I think I might need a whole body transplant! :heehee:
daughter says she thinks hearings going
My OH said he thought my hearing was going. I finally agreed to go for a hearing test and when the female technician asked why I was there I said "my OH thinks my hearing is going but it's really a case that I just ignore him most of the time". We were laughing for at least 5 minutes!

I am sick of this bitter cold, wet weather. Think it's time for a bit of sun and Spring!
 
@Jaycey Oh my what a pair! I hope all the cardiac issues are now resolved and they are under control. You don't need any more things wrong. I'll go with you for the whole body when available! No more pain sounds good to me LOL. Our garden is a swamp. The grass oozes water when you walk across it and has turned into muddy slush around the rabbit runs where we open doors to go in and feed them. Back hallway is also now a permanent mud colour from cats and dog!!!!! Try to mop it up but no sooner done than it's just as bad again. Can't wait for solid ground! love Carol.
 
Donkeys are knee deep in mud and refusing to come off their hard standing. Can't say I blame them! Hope you can enjoy a bit of sun today!
 
@Jaycey oh poor donkeys. Don't blame them not wanting to go through cold mud. Not nice and we are set for MORE cold weather next week!!! Maybe at least we will be mud free for a while. Am off to Rheumy this pm so hopefully will get results of the tests they did. Will let you know. Am at HRI and you know what a nightmare parking can be there so will be leaving early armed with a book LOL! Hope you are keeping ok Hugs Carol :friends:
 
Please do update @Cas ! Good idea leaving early for your appointment. I made that mistake at my last cardiac followup. Driving around searching for a parking spot and watching the clock drove my BP through the roof. Next time I'll allow an extra 30 minutes. Take care!
 
@Jaycey Hi there. Still not sure whats wrong!! My RA is very high but does not match up with other tests done so more tests and a CT scan. Am a Mystery lol !
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom