THR New Hip -Now bionic!!<

@Jaycey Hi my friend . Am moving house on 1st May. Going nearer Skipsea to a converted barn on a farm all on one level and much smaller than where we are. Have had injections in my back yesterday and was immediately pain free!. Still no pain today but resting as told so as not to lose the stuff in muscles. I know it may not last but am over the moon at mo. First time in 4 years with no pain after having it constant 24/7 . Due for injection 2 in 3 months!! Praying it works for me as that together with new hip will be my freedom ticket to a better life. Hope you are getting on ok and will contact you after we have moved about coming over to see you hopefully skipping along like a spring lamb !!!! LOL. :yahoo::froggies:xxxxxxxxx love Carol
 
@Cas Wow - right down the road from me! Go easy on the moving house - you don't want to strain that back. Smart move to downsize. I should have done that but we seem to have done the exact opposite.

What type of injection did you have? Fingers crossed it works for you. Give it time - I was told it could take up to 10 days to have the full effect. Don't do what I did - you need to rest.

Seems spring has arrived and the puffins are back!
 
@Cas, how wonderful that the injections caused your pain to go away! May that relief continue!
 
:hi: happy you have gotten relief.
Hope your weekend is restful !:SUNsmile:
 
@Krista hi there sorry I,ve not replied to you but have been offline. Thank you for your good wishes hope you are progressing well love Carol xx
 
@Jaycey Hello - no I haven,t left the planet! Have now moved and we have had no TV, phone or internet for 2 weeks. Also been busy unpacking etc and then we are off on Friday for a week in the lake district to relax and hopefully unwind LOL !!!!!!!! The injections are still working together with painkillers co-codamol 30 /100. I can function more or less all day providing I don't overdo things. Am booking Trampers for 2 days for long jaunts around stately home and castle grounds as they are brill!!! Hope you are doing ok love Carol xxxx
 
Have a lovely trip @Cas ! Good idea about renting the Trampers!
 
Hello all. Have been absent for a while due to more health problems! Have now got bulging discs in my back which are trapping nerves in legs. Thankfully my hip is brill as it is doing lots of work supporting the other one. Am waiting for an appointment with a neuro surgeon and if it,s a long wait will have to find funds for a private consultation as this has gone on for 3 months now. Up to my eyes on painkillers and anti inflamitories which only take the edge off the pain. Back to not being able to walk very far and as my poor daughter has been pushing me around in a wheelchair have bought myself a power wheelchair to access the great outdoors!! Yippee. I got a great deal on a demo model so it didn't break the bank!!!!!!!! Can't drive either so the chair is a godsend to just get out. Sorry to moan on but thought my pals on here would br wondering where I've gone. Hope you are all running around now like loonies and hope to join you all soon. Cheers Carol xxxx
 
:wave:so good to hear from you though not happy to hear of your back trouble...so sorry
Glad you were able to get a chair do you can get out and get some outside therapy.:SUNsmile:
What's the plan for back...surgery?
Glad hip still behaving.:yes:
I hope you get this sorted too!
Hugs:console2:
 
thought my pals on here would be wondering where I've gone
Indeed we have! So sorry you are suffering back issues. I do hope you can get that appointment soon. Waiting is bad enough but waiting in pain is just misery. Any chance of using a TENs machine for your back? Have you had an MRI scan yet? Sending you huge healing hugs!
 
@Jaycey Hi there. Everyone I knew on here seems to have disappeared so am presuming they are all recovered and getting on with a new life which is wonderful. Yes have had an MRI and have been told I need to see neuro surgeon for bulging discs. Meanwhile they've put me on gabapentin which I'm not happy taking. Will ask to be taken off this. Only been on it a month so hoping I van stop taking it without weaning off. Didn't really know what iy was for or how dangerous it could be. Hope you are doing well. love Carol x
 
@Mojo333 Hello. seem to be the last of my group! LOL! Thank you for your post. It helps to let off steam and Jacey has been a real rock. Hope it's ok to post on here although at the mo have no hip probs - I Hope!! Maybe I need the other one doing now????? That wouldn't phase me as everyone on here is so supportive. Anyway will have to se what neuro surgeon says. Keep well chers Carol.
 
Of course! Once a BS hippy, always a BS hippy.
It sure was good to see you on the forum.:happydance:
 
Hi Carol, I had my left THR just before you (31/10/2016) so I remember you well from back then! It was really good to read your update, particularly about your painful back. And of course I am living in Yorkshire too! I have just had my right THR and my anaesthetist had problems with the spinal anaesthetic as she couldn’t get the needle in between the vertebrae! She said I have bulging discs and my back has “collapsed”. I have had a painful back for a long time, originally caused in 2009 when I fell off my horse and fractured the vertebra. I guess I need to find a neuro surgeon like you! Particularly painful at the moment as I have to lie on my back at night, it’s only been 4 weeks since the right hip.
How are you doing? Have you found a neurosurgeon? Whereabouts are you in Yorkshire?
Good to see you on here again.
Alison
 
Hi Carol. I'm rarely on BoneSmart these days but I do occasionally get email notification that someone has posted. I'm sorry to hear about your back issues! It's wonderful that your hip is doing well but must be frustrating to not be able to enjoy it to the full. I hope the neurosurgeon is helpful.

My hip is doing well but the other hip is letting me know it wants its turn under the knife--not eager to take that on but I know it's coming.
 
Meanwhile they've put me on gabapentin which I'm not happy taking.
This is a standard drug for nerve pain. I was given this just post-op my RTHR and for the days I was in hospital - no more back pain (bliss). Does your anti-inflammatory take the edge off this pain? Those aren't real good to take long term but if it has only been months I would not worry.

If you can come up with the funds for a private consultation I would highly recommend that route. Then ask to be put on the NHS list for any procedure that you might need. The consultation was surprisingly less expensive than I anticipated.

Hang in there! Sure hope you get this resolved soon!
 
@HorseyLady Hi there. I am sorry you're in pain. I know what severe back pain is like. I also had a bad riding accident that in later life has affected my hip and back. Oh how we pay for being reckless when we are young LOL! Am still reckless and frustrated at being unable to walk and get about easily. Have found the name of the neuro surgeon I have been reffered to and am ringing his secretary to find out where I am on his waiting list and if it's months away will be going private for a consultation. Just hope it's not going to break the bank :dubious:. I want to get out there and go walking again ( we love the lakes, dales, and western scotland ).

I live in East Yorkshire near Jaycee hopefully will get to see her once I can drive again. Been saying that for months but been unable to get there!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep battling on and keep in touch. Will let you know how it goes with the neuro man.
cheers Carol xxxxxx
 
@gertie Hi there nice to catch up with you again! Even if it's because we're falling apart LOL! so sorry you might need the other hip doing but I'd go for it. Just think no more pain, able to walk miles, do all the things that requires mobility. How I wish,hope,and pray I get that back. You have been so brave with all the ops you've had already. What a lot you've had to go through. you are an inspiration:wowspring:. Hope you are ok at the moment. Let me know how you get on with that hip. All the best Carol x
 
@Jaycey . Thanks for your post. I cut back on the gabapentin the last few days as I don't get a new prescription till monday How I am paying for that LOL! The pain is real bad but can survive till tommoro. Just goes to show they are doing the job of suppressing pain. The anti inflammatory does help with the rhematoid arthritis especially in my hands and I suppose any other bits as well! Will keep you posted about neuro man! you have been such a rock through all this. Love Carol xxxxx
 
Hi @Cas
My private consultation was £200. So I guess that gives you an idea of what yours is likely to cost.
I decided to have my hip,done privately too as I was in so much pain but I need the other hip and one knee done too and for those it will,have to be NHS.
It will be the same surgeon doing the ops and at my folowup up from he first surgery he has already put me in his NHS waiting list
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom