• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

THR New hip, new beginning.^

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
In meantime I’m to keep strengthening, and stretching the psoas area and even if in pain this is important just take more pain killers!!
:hi:
What exactly are you to be doing to strengthen the psoasis that requires additional pain meds?
Glad they are trying to check out all possibilities... blood tests etc.
Praying for answers for you.:prayer:

OP
OP
Minnie15

Minnie15

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Mojo333 thank you.
I don’t have to increase pain meds, just keep taking them regularly so I can exercise through my pain. I’ve got to try stretching out my hip flexors and psoas muscle.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Minnie15
I'm sorry to read you're struggling so at under two and a half yrs post op and that you have to wait 4-6 months for an MRI. Unbelievable.

Do you have names of the exercises you're doing? Can't help wonder if they could be doing you more harm than good at this point. Would you be willing to stop them for 2-3 weeks and see if you notice any improvement?
Sending hugs and wishes for your comfort.

OP
OP
Minnie15

Minnie15

Country
Hi @Layla
Yes I’ve decided to not do anything other than walking at the moment and I have a dog so I walk quite a bit.
I’m trying to stretch out my psoas muscle.
The exercises were bridging, side leg lift standing against a wall, squeezing ball between legs when led on back with knees up. Find it hard to describe exercises!
The last couple of days have felt slightly easier but at night time is the worse.

I just wonder how this pain started in the beginning, it’s been like this since January. I don’t remember doing anything specific and thinking ouch that hurt. I’ve been told ‘these things happen’...

OP
OP
Minnie15

Minnie15

Country
Evening all. Wanted to let you know the results of my MRI
“ALL NORMAL”

Ok so in one way that’s good news, however I’m still in pain and to date there has been no explanation why.
My surgeon has said he’s not sure where we go from here but wants another X-ray (the last one in March was fine) and possibly another cortisone injection followed by physiotherapy immediately after if the pain subsides following the cortisone jab in to the muscle.

Frustrated is an understatement.
I’m currently doing no exercises whatsoever and overall the pain has slightly reduced but I’m still waking up in agony most nights.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Great news on your MRI results. I'm sorry you continue to struggle without answers.
Prayers the origin of your pain is discovered so you're able to move forward in comfort.
Please stay in touch. We're here for you!
@Minnie15

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
dprevatte
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom