Guest viewing is limited

THR New 2 hips now<

Hi @Sunnyhippy
I imagine you're all settled back into your home/life.
Hopefully you're getting the rest and relaxation needed after the stresss of Irma.
I can't even image the aftermath that must surround you after the fact. Truly sad!
Wishing you a peaceful weekend and continued healing......
 
Thank you all! So tired all week. Did have a post op. Everything looks great. I go back in 6 weeks. My weird rashes are gone so I am going to start walking 9n treadmill slow and steady to get my strength and stamina up. Went out for lunch with hubby was great. Not putting hurricane stuff away yet another few storms looking like a maybe.
 
Hey @Sunnyhippy
Wondering how you're doing.....
Now that you've had a chance to catch your breath after Irma....
hopefully all has settled and your recovery is coming along as expected.

Best wishes for a great week!
 
Checking in...glad all looked well for your doctor visit. Looks like no more hurricanes...Yay.
Today will be a good day.
 
:roseshwr::dancy:Hello everyone have not checked in. Been busy. I started treadmill did 1 mile easy going 3 x a week. Hips doing great very little pain. No more rashes. Sleeping on my side not the newer hip. Can't believe how much better I feel. It's been a long road. But ypu will get there. Hope you all are doing good:happydance::friends::yes!::egypdance:
 
So happy you are doing well. Your newest hip had the same birthday as my actual birthday...so I always think of you.
:friends:
 
Checking in. Been walking on treadmill but the next week I am aching even my 5 month hip. Not pain pain but aches. My tailbone still hurts. My back which has some problems has been bothering me when sit and get up. Geesh I'm whining. Just want to feel zero aches for longer than a few days. Guess it's a process long process. Sorry for the rant.
 
:tiredwheel::bored::flabber::dubious:I also forgot I started doing house work including alot of bending and lifting. Maybe I just did to much. I was so proud of myself for taking sum of the load of my hubby (not that he cleans but tries)
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
You've been quiet.....just getting back into life, I'll bet. Sounds like it anyway.
My tailbone used to hurt too. I told my OS about it
pre-op and he said it would go away after surgery. I still noticed it post op for awhile
but just realized while reading your post it's no longer bothering me
and I can't even recall for how long! So....there's still hope for you too Sunnyhippy.

You're not ranting, just sharing...like we do here. We're here to support one another.
You understand as you've been a great supporter of others yourself. If I wouldn't have read
about your tailbone today I wouldn't have realized mine hasn't been bothering me, so
what you considered a rant benefited me today......Thanks! I'll bet yours improves too.
Hopefully all your aches will soon ease. Could it be stress? Maybe try taking it easy for a few days.
Best wishes for a peaceful, relaxing week. Hugs!
 
Two steps forward one step back. I suspect short membership in ODIC. We have all done that. All is going well so we go a little more, a little more, and then something says...hold it! I've been doing good by you, now I need a few days off.
I bet you if you give it a little more rest and easy stretching for that butt pain...piraformis stretch helped mine.
 
@Layla
Thank you for your kind words. So happy your tail bone pain is gone. I do have times its better so I will hope it just goes.
@Mojo333 your so correct I feel like I took a step backwards but I know I over did it so resting is on the menu. I sometimes forget how blessed I am that I am not having major problems. Resting. I was thinking of getting a recumbent bike maybe treadmill is to much. Does any hippies use one?
 
I've heard of several...um...@Gone again?
I'm so glad you are getting back to life. Just need that implant to settle in..hope you are having a good day.
Thank you for resting...do worry about new members to the ODIC...been there, counterproductive
 
Last edited:
Friday will be 3 months post op. I have a post op appt today. Went by fast it seems now. I am doing great on track with healing. Normal aches when i over do things and rest when I need it. I still don't feel 100% but no more arthritis pain. This journey has been filled with ups and downs but I would not change a thing. I see a future again without the pain I had. I am spending time with my hubby and doggs in the living room which I avoided for so long because laying down was my only relief. Thank you all for your support.xox
 
Glad all is getting better. It is a long journey...this road to recovery.
Happy things seem to be getting back to normal.
Yay for bye bye hip pain:yahoo:
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
Great to hear you are doing so well. I hope yesterday's 3 month post op was all good.
Here's to many more days with hubby and dogs in the living room......just because you can now!
Best wishes for a peaceful, relaxing weekend.
 
Hello fellow Hippies. I have been doing great. I got a stationary recumbent bike and did that 2x 4 miles each. Felt great ease of movement no pain. Then I sat down at computer and could barely stand. I have back issues and standing from sitting aches but this was full PAIN. My right lower back is killing me can hardly stand straight. Today is day 3 seems a touch better I'm not in tears. Should I just wait it out or call my Dr. My hips feel fine. Uggg always something
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
Everything sounded so good until.....your back.
Sorry it's causing such distress.
Maybe some rest and a pain reliever until it eases up....
If its an ongoing problem it may not hurt to check with your doc.
If it's new, I'd give it a few days and see if it improves.
To better days.....
 
It always just hurts when I stop.
Goes you know maybe that is way too much.
Can take up to a year for deep healing.
So sorry you are hurting.
Get the ice it and try not to do any more than necessary.
I still overdo it at times:sorry:
 
Yes I think I did to much. Going to slow my roll. Got alittle ober excited with new bike. My body is not healed fully and boy oh boy it tells you. I feel better today but not doing that much again. Thank you for your support.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom