Guest viewing is limited

THR New 2 hips now<

Hey @Sunnyhippy great job quieting your anxiety and finding solutions for your rashes. Staying comfortable on all levels is so important. Before I could get to regular showers I used round cotton make-up pads soaked with alcohol to wash under my arms. This could burn so be careful to test it first..it really depends on your rash but it could also help kill the bacteria which is what BO is all about.
Thanks for keeping in touch and letting us know how you're doing! Gentle hugs to you
 
Ok panic setting in. Hurricane Irma heading our way. As prepared as we can be. Stores out of everything. Going to be a long week. Keep me Florida in your prayers.
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
Do you take a good pro-biotic? If not I'd definitely get on one. Try not to worry, sweetie now that you have a diagnosis and some cream, I'm sure it will clear up in no time. Possibly a deodorant as opposed to an anti-perspirant would be best right now? Something like Tom's or another brand with less harmful chemicals....if you can't go without. You had two surgeries in very short order and that involves anti-biotics. While necessary and understandable they can cause things like this to occur. If you have time, research it online a bit and you'll quickly understand.
Good luck.......deep breath's, relaxation music or tapes, a walk outside in the fresh air.....you're going to be okay!

PS prayers going up for all in Irma's path.
 
Good afternoon Sunnyhippy. Praying for you as you are dealing with your last hip surgery and what your mom is going thru. The threat of Irma is probably also on your mind. We have a place in Fort Myers and am praying that this Irma gets out into the Atlantic Ocean. Continue to hang in there and be positive. Take care and God Bless.
 
Oh @Sunnyhippy I can't imagine your anguish. First I just want to acknowledge that your plate is full with emotionally painful experiences. You are going through both physical discomfort and healing as well as emotional anxiety for yourself and your mother's well being. It is perfectly normal that you feel distressed. I would be a little worried about you if you were totally "PollyAnna" and didn't have a care. That said, as I've recently been reminded by my own recovery (minor issues compared to you but we all live in our own little worlds)...
Inhale
Exhale
This too shall pass
One day at a time
What kind of support do you have from family and/or friends? Call them. Talk about it all. Keep posting on this site. Release this energy of stress so you can use your energy for your recovery. You're a capable person. You found this site and knew to reach out for support. I know nothing about hurricanes but I'm sure there are places that can give you the best advise for what to do with Hurricane Irma if it continues to come your way. Keep looking for answers and you'll find your way.

Meanwhile, please keep us posted. We care about you!:puppysmooze:
 
Everyone here is having a hurricane heart attack...I'm gonna hope that it scales down and won't be so bad.
Sending prayers your way. Make sure you have all meds refilled and hopefully things will get less crazy than expected.
Your right hip's birthday is on my birthday...so we are connected:wave:.
We are gonna get through all of this
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
Wondering how you're doing down there in Florida?
I saw pictures of a jammed Walmart parking lot in Port St Lucie as people were
scrambling to purchase bread, water etc. I hope you're safe!
Keeping Florida and all in the hurricanes path in prayer....
 
Just checking in. Very stressed and scared. As prepared as we can be. Roads are at a stand still and no gas. We have food and water. House is boarded up. We will start to get hit sat thru monday. Good thing is I'm off my cane. Wound is perfect. My rash is getting better. Just pray for Florida. I will update when I can. I appreciate all of you.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] New 2 hips now<
    FB_IMG_1504794002173.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 170
Hi @Sunnyhippy
I have a hard time imagining this. I can see how it may cause anxiety looking at the map you included. You are ready and aware which is the best you can do right now. Hopefully Irma dies down before it hits land. Many prayers from all over the nation / world are going up on Florida's behalf. Try to take comfort in that and the fact that you are well prepared.

Good news on the incision, fading rash and cane! Try to stay calm, keep yourself occupied as you prepare to ride this out.
We're watching coverage and praying. Keep us posted.
Hugs!
 
Hey @Sunnyhippy I've been holding you in my heart and thoughts while watching the coverage. I realize you must have so much on your plate but when you do get a chance to check back in I just wanted to let you know you one more person was thinking of you. Thanks for sharing your last post and the map. Big hugs:loveshwr:
 
God is good. We are safe! Storm hit Sunday and went strong until Monday mornings. We were on right side with constant feeder bands. Minor damage to house. Lost power Sunday and its hot hot. Power back yesterday. I feel so lucky and blessed. My nerves are shot and just need to relax now. Post op tomm with Dr and my hip is great. No cane walking great. Thank you all for the prayers they worked
 
Great news! @Sunnyhippy
I agree, God is good!

Happy to hear you weathered the storm. So much devastation on tv.
Some of the stories I'm hearing are heartbreaking.

Good news on your hip and ditching the cane. Hopefully now you can relax a bit.
Wishing you a great rest of the week.
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy I've just been reading our threads. You sound amazing and so glad you survived the storm.
Well done and good luck in you recovery.
I'm fairly new here and dying to find my way about.
I am now day 15 post op.THR and I'm doing fantastically well.
I had clips removed today and nurse said wound " clean as a whistle" I'm progressing so well and trying my hardest to listen to my body.
Been out for lunch today with a group I'm in, lovely to all my friends, then home to rest.
 
@Sunnyhippy glad to hear yu are out the other side and survived. I know it is a mella hess down there now, prayers for everyone to continue pulling together as they are doing in Texas. Keep an eye out for power trucks that say "Dominion" on them in blue letters-- those are my guys come to help!
 
Oh I am so glad to hear you are safe and sound @Sunnyhippy . I can't imagine what you must have gone through and still have to deal with. And you're doing a great job of healing during it all. Hang in there! Hugs and High Fives to you!
 
Back
Top Bottom