THR New 2 hips now<

@Lerwick8
Is today her day? Sending good vibes and prayers.
@Layla Ugg had a tummy bug this weekend no fun. Feeling better. Swelling stinks but it will go away. Resting until thos crud is out of my sytem.
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
Sorry you had a tummy bug this past weekend. You're right....no fun.
Happy to hear you're feeling better!

Yes.....today is surgery day for @Lerwick8
I think she said mid afternoon in a post, she's probably in prep, or surgery, as I type.
Now that this dreadful wait leading up to surgery is finally over, I think she's going to do great!
I'm excited for her recovery thread, she's going to be so happy to have this part behind her.

Wishing you a great week!
 
Hope you are feeling better, Sunnyhippy.
This recovery road is definitely an up and down journey. You seem to be very positive and that has had to have helped add you continue to get well.
Hope this week will be a GOOD week.
 
@Sunnyhippy I hope your bug has gone now. Sometimes it still takes a day or two to get our strength back so be patient. It sounds like your surgery recovery is going very well. Isn't it fantastic to be rid of that terrible OA pain? Have a wonderful day. I hope you aren't getting rains from that tropical storm along the east coast.
 
@Layla
Ooh yes 2 day bug. So grateful I had Zofran from hospital really helped. Back on track. Rash almost gone crazy. I timed my walk in house to hot hot outside. I need to walk more but waiting for zero rash. I go next week for post op and looking forward to that. Thank you for checking on me.
 
hi @Sunnyhippy how are you today? Ugh a bug, so glad it's gone, and your walking inside sounds exactly like me. If I get in a short walk before 9:00, I can be mostly in the shade, and then have to wait until 9:00pm to walk outside again. Lucky for us Virginians, fall is coming next week, so says weather man! You will cool off too, maybe?
 
@zauberflöte
Hello! Thank you for checking on me. Virginia is beautiful. I am from Boston but been in South Florida 13 yrs and will never like it to hot. I am only in Fl for my family. But yes same I walk early and late still 90 degrees. Forget about the giant bugs also. I see Dr next week. I'm doing great almost off cane. I have the I'm over it blues. I need to get out of this house. So even if it's for a ice cream I am going out. How are you feeling?:good-bad::ice:
 
Ok today I am 4 weeks post op. Wow went bye fast. I'm still dealing with rash but it's going away. I see my OS next week for post op. My wound looks great. I'm hoping to start treadmill next week slow and steady. What a journey this has been back to back. I'm blessed I'm doing well. I thank you all for your support.
 
You are doing it @Sunnyhippy . So proud for you!!!!
It is truly a life-changing surgery. Glad you are beginning to reap the benefits.
Keep smiling, keep going easy.
That no hip pain euphoria can put us in the Over Done It Club (ODIC)
Glad you are doing well!!!!
Have a great weekend:wowspring:
 
You are doing well it seems @Sunnyhippy I agree you're blessed and you sound great!
I'll bet you get a good report at the doctor next week.
Wishing you a relaxing holiday weekend....
Hugs
 
Feeling down today. Don't understand why this rash wont go away and I have like bites 3 on upper arm other side that have been there same amount of time. My tail bone hurts. I just want to feel ok no pains and aches. My anxiety makes ot worse. I figured if it was serious it would of spread or hurt but it didn't. I am in the over it stage I guess. Sorry for venting. Looking forward to seeing my Dr next week. Poor guy lol.
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
I'm sorry you're feeling anxious going into the holiday weekend.
I understand your concern with the rash because none of us like when things are off or feel abnormal.
However, it's only been a couple of weeks. You mentioned you did notice improvement and that it hasn't worsened.....so that's all good! Unfortunately it's in a place that's always covered and if you're wearing a bra the majority of the time that could be a source of irritation as could perspiration which can occur in a skin fold like underneath a breast. I'll bet it will just gradually continue to fade. If you're really bothered would you consider a visit with the dermatologist to put your mind at ease? I'd ignore the bites too, possibly a spider bit you while asleep. I'm sure whatever it is will just fade and disappear over the next few days.

You are not alone with the tailbone, hey that rhymes, haha! Mine hurts at times too. I mentioned it to my OS a couple months before surgery and he said it would disappear after surgery and it did, for about a month. It doesn't bother me daily, or all day on the days it does, just ocassionally but it is annoying! I'm just learning to accept that there's not an answer for everything. Our bodies are aging, mine more than yours obviously with the age difference, but we are going to experience annoying aches and pains from time to time. That's how I console myself anyway. Anxiety is the worst because it doesn't solve anything and if you think back, most of the things we worry about never materialize anyway.

Your body has been through a lot, in very short order. You've been doing well! You are still healing and will be for months to come. Look at how beautifully your scar healed already. And that was in short order too. I still think that's one of the better looking scars I've seen on this site. So be thankful that body of yours it's doing just as it should. You're going to be just fine....I know you will. You'll see your doc before you know it and I'm sure he'll put your mind at ease.

If you don't already have plans for the weekend why don't you try to make some plans to do something fun, something you love, with those you love and care about. It will be a distraction and lift your mood. If you don't feel up to it.....force yourself. I think it would be a great mood lifter and lighten your anxiety.

Sending a hug, sweetie and wishes for a peaceful but FUN weekend for you.......chin up!
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
First, :wow: great job reaching out for support.
Next, I agree it looks like the heat rash I treated on my kids. Look for diaper rash remedies to see if that helps.
Next, before I found BoneSmart, I found relief from my anxiety with You Tube meditations for healing that helped to remind me how amazing my body is and how well equipped it is for healing. I love it because I get to go there anytime I want or need.
It is hard that you have so much going on at once and I can only imagine how difficult it must be.
As a mom I would say you taking care of you is the best gift you can give your mom so...
Last but not least, keep reaching out and pat yourself on the back for advocating for yourself.
 
@Layla
Thanks sweets! Your kind words always make me feel better. I need to stop the worry and not hurry (i made a poem) . My body and mind have taken a beaten so I do need to remember that. My surgeon is always such a calming force for me. Chin up and moving forward.
Thank you
 
@StayStrong
Thank you for your kind words. Anxiety is aweful I think I was born with it. I am under a Dr's care for it. My rash I've been doing diaper cream and its going but never had one before. I should ne happy it's not painful or itchy its just there. I love meditation music really helps me. Sometimes it gets the best of me.
Thank you for your support
 
hi @Sunnyhippy I'm glad you're thinking of going out-- nothing stopping you from going for ice cream, and having a nice cold treat!

I know rashes can be unsettling, but nothing bad has happened while you've had this one, so I'd think that nothing was going to come of it but that eventually it will go away, and we'll never know what it was! And the bites, yeah, some kind of biting thing...I'm very specific, aren't I? You do live in Florida, after all :wink: I can diagnose an awful lot of Virginia bites, but FL ones I wouldn't know from a hole in the ground!

And the tailbone! Mine does not ordinarily hurt, but when I sit still during the first several weeks of recovery, oh wow it gets a bruised feeling. Overuse injury :heehee: I think they make seat cushions for that kind of "fanny fatigue".

Hang in there, keep on chatting with us, and enjoy that ice cream!
 
So just got back from ER. I have a new rash in my armpit. So off we went my anxiety thru the roof. Diagnosis skin rash under boob gave me fungul cream. And armpit is skin eruption gave me antibiotic cream. Just don't understand. Forgot to ask about deodorant god knows i need that. I put ointment on then deodorant? I don't know.
 
Oh my @Sunnyhippy what a day you've had, I'm sorry you've been anxious! I'm glad you got the various ointments-- I'm betting they will help. If it were me, I'd put on the antibiotic underarm, let it sink in, and then use deodorant. I'm not a doctor, but that's what I'd do, mostly because the neosporin-type stuff that I've ever used actually gets into my skin, whereas my DO sits on top. I hope you will be able to enjoy the weekend! :) Take yourself out for ice cream? ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom