Guest viewing is limited

THR New 2 hips now<

@Lerwick8
Thank you. Your date is coming up. Sounds like you got your pillow barrier ready. This hip started harder but I feel like I am healing faster. I'll take it. Best wishes on your new hip.
 
@susan12369
Yes practice makes perfect. I remember i could barley stand when i got out of the car pre op. I watched every video on ypu tube about car and getting into bed etc. So it made doing it better. 3 weeks out and doing great.
 
@zauberflöte
7 months on your back! Just goes to show you how this process is different for everyone. I should sleep on my back forever they say less wrinkles.
 
So have not been on much this weekend. I blame solar eclipse. I am so ready to try very slow treadmill but still have my rash which is improving but i will wait until its gone. I keep walking away without my cane so thats my sign. Amazing how each week I heal more. Emotions are good
Rash be gone so I can get on with walking. Hope your all well
 
Nice to hear from you! @Sunnyhippy
My shoulder has bothered me for a while off and on. It does act up if I sleep on it so I just don't.
I have some years on you so I figure it's a little arthritis or just an aging body! It's not bothered me enough to have it checked, I guess.

I'm doing pretty well, beautiful weather here today in the Upper- Midwest.
Cool enough to turn off the AC and open the windows!

Hope all is well with you! You sound happy and it's great to hear you're forgetting the cane. It will soon be history.
A great rest of the week to you!
 
Today Mom is in surgery for reconstruction after breast cancer. I wish she would find a support group. I'm wishing i could be by her side. We both have been recovering together with surgeries. Next year we will be laughing about this and I can stop telling her to slow down when we walked because of my hips. Thinking positive
 
Aww, @Sunnyhippy I'm sorry you must be feeling a bit down wishing you were by your moms side offering support. I'm sure she knows you love her and would be there if able. Hopefully she finds a recovery group to join. I often notice they have them at hospitals, if you care to check some local hospitals for her.
I'm happy you sound so upbeat lately and admire your positive outlook on the future. I'll bet you're right that you and your mom will be looking back at this a year from now saying "We Made It!" Prayers to that end.
Wishing you a peaceful, relaxing day.
 
Just checking in. I'm feeling great hip wise. My rash is better. My shoulder is on hurting has been since November. OS did xrays few months back no arthritis. I need a mri but really don't want to deal with it. Maybe next month. Mom is doing good so happy about that. 4 weeks Friday time flies. Hoping everyone is well.
 
@Sunnyhippy ... glad that you are feeling better today:loll:

Sorry to hear about your mother. My mother had breast cancer too. Unfortunately, hers was caught too late.

I understand how you feel, my Dad has been ill for sometime and he lives on the East Coast. I hate that I will not be able to visit him again for a few months. Thank goodness for FaceTime!
 
Last edited:
I came here to say Hi to @Sunnyhippy but need to add that I'm so sorry about your mom @Lerwick8.
That is so very sad. It also must be difficult to have the geographic distance between your dad and yourself while he's ill. I'm sure FaceTime does make it better for you both.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling well, Sunnyhippy. Great the rash is fading too! Deal with the shoulder when you have time...you have enough on your plate right now. That is unless it's unbearable. Maybe it will just stop bothering you in the meantime...Four weeks is a nice milestone. I agree that time flies and Lerwick will realize that soon herself. She's going to do well though....I'm sure of it.
We're going to be her cheerleaders, aren't we Sunnyhippy? Yay, rah, rah....Go Lerwick!
 
@Lerwick8
So sorry about your Mom. And your Dad. It's hard when we cannot be there but soon I will be. Sending you prayers and Huggs. This is why I am so happy to get this healing on I don't want to waist anymore precious time.
Xoxox
 
@Layla
Your so kind! We all are going thru battles and having support is amazing. It feels good to know I can relate to others like lerwick and know if I post someone will be there for me. We got this girls. Huggs and prayers
 
Aww you're so sweet @Sunnyhippy
I agree, support is great and it's what gets us through rough times. You'll always find in reaching out that you're not alone, our problems are usually never unique to ourselves and it's easy to find someone who can relate. I think we've done that on a few levels already with some of our ailments or our craziness in monitoring them via our husbands and cell phone cameras, haha!
Wishing you a peaceful, relaxing weekend....Hugs!

PS we have to remember to send Lerwick some love on Sunday evening or Monday morning.
Her surgery is in 3 days.....Monday the 28th.
 
Today I woke up really sore legs both. I walked yesterday really just holding my cane wonder if I am just feeling muscles that are out of shape. I walked with my cane thought maybe stretch it out. Took my shower now elevating. Day to day different. Rash looks good. :shrug::beg:
 
If you walked without putting weight on your cane, yes you will be sore. We forget just how much we depend on walking aids until we try it without. Just rest and try again another day. Use that cane when you need it - especially if you at all tired. You don't want to get into the habit of limping again.
 
Hoping your legs are less achy today @Sunnyhippy after a night's sleep.....
I find weird aches or pains here or there....they're usually fleeting and seem to move around from day to day.
I attribute it to the healing going on and all the trauma our poor limb was put through. We just need more time!
I hope you have a great weekend!
 
@Layla
Thank you! Its so weird how our body adjusts and weird aches. My first hip caused alot of knee pain and cracking. I thought for sure something was wrong. But that all went away. Such major surgery our body was so out of lign. Hoping you have a great weekend:wave::flwrysmile::yes!:
 
Hi again @Sunnyhippy
I'm having residual swelling right now in my knee, surgical side.
It's barely visible to anyone but I'm aware of it. I've questioned my
OS's office on it a few times and they advise it can last up to 3 months.
I'm trying to walk more outside... rather than just within the house and while out
and about during the day. It didn't even show up until 2 1/2 weeks
after surgery in the form of a fairly bruised knee. Still faintly bruised.
My husband said he watched a video (I will not!) and that if I watched it
I'd understand why our knee takes such a beating.
No thanks....I'll just patiently wait it out.....haha!
Hugs..
 
Back
Top Bottom