THR New 2 hips now<

@Sunnyhippy I get freaked out at stuff like that too, I think it's perfectly normal to do that. We are in over our heads with all this surgical recovery stuff! It sounds like you did the right thing. You can always call the OS office and get advice, too.
 
[Bonesmart.org] New 2 hips now<
 
Does that look ok? That top little spot is the scab that came off small dot of blood. I have it covered im making myself crazy.
 
Im about to cry and I have no idea why. Guess it's the hippie blues. Thank you for answering me so fast. I'm a mess
 
Yes.....I'm no nurse or doc but I'm going out on a limb.....it looks normal!

I had the same thing only on the opposite end. I had dissolvable stitches and glue. I could shower after 24 hrs and had some type of breathable clear tape over my incision. I had a clean dressing changed over my incision daily.
I had a tiny spot like that which was dry on the gauze. It lasted a week to two at most, stopped and never returned.

I'd just watch for redness, heat, fever or anything else that signifies infection. I think you're fine though and wouldn't worry at all.

A great day to you @Sunnyhippy
 
Don't cry @Sunnyhippy you're okay. Been there done that too!
My best advice.....go find someone in this forum that has it worse than you and offer prayer or encouraging words. Worked for me every time!
 
@Sunnyhippy yours looks way better than mine, which is red and irritated on the top and bottom-- which I've been told is perfectly fine! I am no medical expert, my area of experience is as Nurse Mom, but I think yours looks very good. Our minds can mess with us in a big way. And post-op blues is a very real thing. It comes and goes, and is different with each person. Let it roll over you, and seek professional help if it gets so it dominates your life.

Meanwhile, have fun here on the forum! You'll make new friends in no time, and as it's online, there's always something happening.
 
Looks really good as far as healing, I'd say. That anesthesia wears off, adrenaline rush over, settling into a healing scar and postop blues...most all have done this.
You have a big trauma occur to your body and NERVES. A good cry does us good and most all of us have had one (or two).
This too shall pass...you have got this.
 
I think it's from just feeling pretty good with my first hip done in April to starting all over. I am grateful it's done and see improvements all ready at 2 weeks. I'm exhausted physically and emotionally. My Mom had a double matectomy and has had 6 failure reconstruction surgeries. She goes 8/23 with a new Dr to start over and I can't be there for her now. I'm stuck in this house. I have to be patient. A good cry . Gotta keep moving forward.
 
Hi @Sunnyhippy
Just checking in on your thread, six weeks ago I was fresh postop and going through all kinds of emotions too, sorry to hear about your mom she sounds like she must be a very strong woman. Hope your postop blues are fading, this hip replacement stuff is an exercise in patience. Wishing you continued healing!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's right. You have lots of other emotional things to deal with on top of two major surgeries this year.
You should be proud of being so brave and getting this done so you can get your health back.
Sorry your mother has had a lousy time. My sister took me in during my recovery and she now has some health issues...I can only do so much myself now I am working.

Your mom knows what you have been through. Try not to let that stupid anxiety grab you for long, stress is awful on you r immune system.
Today will be a better day!!!!
 
So sorry @Sunnyhippy
You have a lot on your plate right now. Two hips within 3 months, dealing with the emotional side of watching your mom journey through health issues, topped off with the guilt you're feeling
in not being as available to her as you'd like.....that's a lot!
I'm sure your mom understands and wants to see you healing yourself.
Prayers for you both to get your recoveries to where they should be.
Sending a hug....
 
Ok more problems. I took a shower and noticed a rash under my left breast in the fold. Its not itchy and I was sweating before I showered its hot outside. I dried it and put antibotic ointment on. It goes under my entire breast skin line. A few little raised dots but mostly red. Oy vay i can't deal with this.
 
Doesn't sound serious to me - maybe heat rash? Just try and keep the area dry for now. Please don't worry - you are going to be fine!
 
@Sunnyhippy You are going through an awful lot, and it's all tied in to the emotions of all that surgery. I'm sorry it just keeps piling on! Personally, I don't think a rash is much of a concern. My surgery GAVE me something that looks an awful lot like ringworm, right next to the incision! It never occurred to me to connect it to the possibility of infection. I'll bet yours is that common thing, a fungal rash. I get it all in that area every summer, and actually, I ignore it. I do my best to keep it dry, but in summer, with underwire, that's asking a bit much.

Relax as best you can, support your mom from afar (she'll understand, believe you me!), and breathe.....:) :-) (::ice:
 
Thanks girls I am just going to take a nap and keep an eye on it. I am diagnosing myself with staph and I need to relaxxx even if it is something I'm not helping myself with all this anxiety.
 
hmmmmm I have to tell you, I can't see mine very well, and have never given it the honor of a photo LOL. See here for info on what I was told a thousand years ago was mine. It's called Tinea Versicolor, and is very common. Check all the tabs for more info.

@Josephine check up a few posts for this rash. Can you reassure us please? :) :-) (:
 
Back
Top Bottom