Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Cool, Bonnie!!! You're a STAR!!!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Awesome video Bonnie! You are beaming happiness. You go girl.

Donna
LTKR 12/06/2010
Left knee manipulated 05/13/2011
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Brilliant!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Yesterday I went into the pool, I had told my husband Jo's suggestion in using a timer...he thought that was a good idea. Well I didn't do any treading or kicking so he/we didn't time me. I was just stretching and bending. It is amazing how much more ROM you can get in a pool! I was actually able to bend my knee enough to grab my ankle behind me. The way one would stretch their quads...I have not been able to do that before yesterday! I wished i could have had my ROM measured under the water! Today...you guessed it...STIFF! Today is an ice day. Always one step forward and two steps back!

Sigh....:sigh:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Great stretching Bonnie. We just finished my stretching session. I always feel like no matter how we try it seems my leg gets in a strain or Rays grip pins my Quads. Your success in the pool shows your leg was not under stress and able to relax more. Great job.

Donna
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Impressed with your video. :rolleyespink:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Well hello friends...it has been awhile since I have been here! I have had some ups and downs but more ups I would say. I am still in PT and still getting results. July 28 I was 4 months post op and got my ROM to 132! That is the highest yet. I had gone back to one of favorite parks last weekend where I used to run and did a 3 mile loop. Walking with alternating running. I ran about a mile total. I had gone through about 15 patches of the Dexamethsone for my Pes Ansenicne Tendinitis, and it was about 90% gone but it really started irritating my skin so we layed off. The tendinitis really started working it's way back in so just 5 days ago I got an injection in my new new by my OS. I am hoping this clears it up once and for all. I have worked 3 days a week in the running store and have been having fun there, but things change in life that we have no control over and one must make adjustments and sacrifices. The job at the school district that I had worked at for 26 years that I was ready to say goodbye to, I now must return. My daughter has left her husband and has filed for divorce (with our blessing) as he was very mean to her...verbally and mentally abusive. She finally decided that she had taken enough and made the decision to get out. Thankfully there are no children involved! Anyway she will be needing our help financially and going back I will make 4x the income that I do at the running store which was more of a fun way to pass the time for me. Then I sat helplessly this week and watched as the stock market took a couple of severe drops and watched our retirement dwindling away. My OS says he will release me when ever I say the word. I am looking at going back to the old job the day after the Labor Day Holiday here. I hope that all of you, my old friends are doing well. I have 10 degrees to go to make my right knee bend like my left leg, I am determined to keep work g hard!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Wow Bonnie:
life certainly has twists and turns, but I am thrilled for your daughter.
Having been a survivor of an abusive relationship in college, I applaud her for getting out and I applaud you for doing what you can to help her.

I'm glad your ROM is improving as we all know it does by itself over time.
I'm jealous of the running you can do. I doubt I'll ever run, but I was never a runner.
I was planning on doing it to slim down (God forbid I should give up junk food!!!).
I am also learning to just go along for the ride, since we really cannot predict what the future will hold.
Best,
Sandy
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Oh...and forgot to mention...I am now down 15 pounds since my surgery! Just healthy eating with portion control.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Wonderful update, Bonnie! Good luck with the return to your old job! Your daughter is lucky to have your unconditional support - and I am sure she appreciates that, too. I can imagine the joy in being able to run with the new knee. :thumb: That is very inspiring!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Raised our daughter to never take guff off anyone. She is certainly a much stronger person than many of her friends for it. Congrats that you support your daughter. Good luck with the return to your job though.

And congrats on weight loss!!! AND, running in the wild (not the treadmill!).
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Sounds like you are doing great Bonnie. That's a wonderful ROM number.

So sorry for what you and your daughter are going through, but it sounds like a good decision.

Congrats on the weight loss too!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

God bless you, Bonnie, for being there for your daughter. We had to do the same with ours....TWICE, unfortunately. She will be stronger once she is free of the abuse and finds out what a wonderful world is out there. I am glad there are no children...that helps the process so much.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie ~ you are quite an inspiration!

I had pretty much accepted that I would never be able to run or jog again. Even though it's been 6 non-running years for me (trying to preserve whatever was left of a bad knee) before I finally made the decision to go for it, I still haven't lost the love for running. I've missed it so much. I'm sure you understand that sentiment!

I just had my surgery on August 8th, so I have a way to go, but just knowing that there is a possibility that I may run again is some tremendous additional incentive.

Btw... how does your OS feel about running post TKR?
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Raised our daughter to never take **** off anyone.
Roger (and others!) please don't leave words in your post that have been changed by the profanity filter.
You're supposed to change them as per the rules:

rule 5: If you see the profanity filter has been activated, please edit your post immediately and correct it.
Posts displaying such filters may be edited or even deleted by staff decision.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

I went for a run!

Never thought I would do it again and didn't even plan it, just did it. I was staying over night on business and didn't bring the bike. After 9 years I miss not being able to get up early and just through on the running shoes and go. Well I woke up and just did it. Like Bonny I ran a coupe 100 yards and walked a coupe hundred yards and did that for about an hour. I enjoyed seeing the sun rise, the birds waking up, and all the other early morning doings that are.seen differently from the bike. Best of all I came in dripping wet with sweat while the others were just getting up to eat their donuts.

Sorry about your daughter and it is disturbing how many of us have the same experience and I am another. The good news is that she has been able to re-establish herself and I wish you the same positive outcome.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bravo!!!!!!

And sorry, Josephine, I didn't use as bad a word as I was thinking. But it did set off the filter. Humble apologies. But guys that treat gals poorly really make me mad.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

A bittersweet post if there ever was one. Congrats on your victories! It is great to read of your progress, but it is sad to also read what your daughter has been going through.


In many ways, though, a TKR is a mini-metaphor for what we all face in life---the roller coaster ride, the ups, the downs, and the "battles" that must be fought---and won.

I have no doubt that you will continue on the path of sucess; I also have no doubts that your daughter will also continue to move forward with her life after this troubling time.

Our prayers are with you all.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

DeeZee, my OS does not know about my running...I will not tell him. Most OS will say that it is discouraged, but so many run anyway. What he does not know will not hurt him!

Bonnie
:dancy::dancy:

Bonnie ~ you are quite an inspiration!

I had pretty much accepted that I would never be able to run or jog again. Even though it's been 6 non-running years for me (trying to preserve whatever was left of a bad knee) before I finally made the decision to go for it, I still haven't lost the love for running. I've missed it so much. I'm sure you understand that sentiment!

I just had my surgery on August 8th, so I have a way to go, but just knowing that there is a possibility that I may run again is some tremendous additional incentive.

Btw... how does your OS feel about running post TKR?
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

And sorry, Josephine, I didn't use as bad a word as I was thinking. But it did set off the filter. Humble apologies. But guys that treat gals poorly really make me mad.
That's okay. It was more by way of a public announcement really, just you drew the short straw today! I've always turned a blind eye to it in the past but it seems to be creeping in more and more so I decided something needed to be said. You're not the only one! :wink1:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom