Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Woo Hoo! I ran... I am on the other side now, friends!

It is a special day! I have not been measured at PT for a couple of weeks due to my tendinitis, we were just backing off until it improved. I knew when I went today that it would be a good day! I was right, my ROM was 124 and I jogged 1/3 mile on the treadmill. Today I am exactly 12 weeks post op. There were many days that I never thought that I'd get to this point, but I am here. Next goal is ROM 130 and run outside, and keep on working and moving on up! It can be done. I am so happy today! Hang in there if you are struggling, it will come with time and patience. My daughter was there today with me, she took a 30 second video of me on the treadmill. For some reason I can't upload it for you to see, but here is just a still picture of me on the treadmill today. Smiling and very happy!! Well the picture didn't post either...darn!


:doggieshmooze::yay::yahoo::loll::yes 4::yahoo::yay::doggieshmooze:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie I am so happy for you. What an inspiration! Keep up the good work! Perseverance counts! Hugs, Ann
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Great news Bonnie!! You will be jogging around the block before you know it.:thumb:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

I think maybe I have figured it out now...we'll see. If it shows up, this is me today, running on the treadmill for the first time in almost one year. 12 weeks post op, my daughter laughing with joy taking the video! I see the OS tomorrow, I am not telling him!broken link removed: https://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-ash4/232069/724/1955591542076_57592.mp4?oh=3566f5752f1f66ec200b2eba3c6551dc&oe=4E028F00&__gda__=1308790528_5dbdb7f921432393424c782fe8ca6495

It works!! I just tried it...

Bonnie
RTKR 3/28/11
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

You're doing well! But I this is how it showed up for me! Have you put on a little weight, Bonny? :hysterical:

[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bravo!!!! *I* remember that first real jog for me and I think my grin was not so big as yours!!!! Congrats on the jog and congrats for the ROM!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

You're doing well! But I this is how it showed up for me! Have you put on a little weight, Bonny? :hysterical:

[Bonesmart.org] Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie
Oh NO Josephine! This is awful, it looks like one of those circus mirrors that distort. No, I have not gained any weight! I wear a size 2 or a size 4 and weigh 125 pounds! A perfect weight for my knee! I don't know why it came out like this! Click on the link to the video I posted above and you will see!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

It's okay, Bonnie - your video was taken in a 4:3 format but for me it came out in widescreen! That's all. :snork:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Great video! You look so happy :biggrin:
Congrats on your 12 week anniversary - You have every reason to celebrate!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie....not sure why, but when I click on your link I get an error message that says the website is not found.

Check it again and see if it still works for you.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Hi Jamie, I just clicked on the link and it no longer worked for me either. I have no idea why...now there is just that crazy mirror image of a circus fat lady on there that is not what I look like!

Btw ROM on Wednesday of this week was 125. I am doing single leg presses with TKR knee of 40 pounds now. I can visually see my quad and calf muscles coming back!

Bonnie
RTKR 3/28/11
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie I'm so happy for your success. I'll bet it felt so good to run and your ROM is great.

Donna
LTKR 12/06/2010
Left knee manipulated 05/13/2011
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie, ain't it GREAT seeing those muscles work?
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Our bodies are truly miracles in action!!!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie,
You are an inspiration. I am 10 weeks post op and doing a fair amount of bike riding. I never really expected to be able to jog again, but hearing about your success provides additional motivation for me to get my weight down to a level where it would be fair to my knee to even try.

I still have to do my left knee and lose another 50 lbs, but maybe by next winter I will be able to jog again, too.

Thanks for being a role model.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

...this is me today, running on the treadmill for the first time in almost one year...

Do you think being on your feet working in the shoe store helped put you on the fast track to running again?
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie:
Congratulations! I am really impressed with your progress! I was never much of a runner, but I do understand that it makes you tick.
Enjoy your new life!
Don't overdo it.....
Sandy
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Do you think being on your feet working in the shoe store helped put you on the fast track to running again?

I really don't think so, if anything my knee gets stiff being on my feet at the store, I think that going up and down the stairs in my house, (the normal way) albeit not easy at times, I make myself do it! I really think this has helped so much with my ROM along with peddling my bike and treading water in my pool. Every time I am active, I follow it up with rest and ice, feet up!

Bonnie
RTKR 3/28/11 :doggieshmooze:
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTeff2akabg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I put my jogging video on You Tube so it works again now. I had posted this on the "Rediscover Your Go" web site and they wrote to me today wanting more information about me, talking about me being an ambassador for their Legion knee. That would be so cool!

At PT today today I hardly worked on my knee because my back was hurting so much. Not sure why my back was hurting but my PT is also a chiropractor so he worked on my back and my knee. Just resting all evening so hopefully I will be in great shape tomorrow!

Bonnie
RTKR 3/28/11 Smith & Newhew Legion Knee
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom