Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Really sorry to hear that. Hope things improve.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie, it sounds to me like a visual migraine. I used to get those a lot. I'd be talking to someone and thing there was something funny about their face, eventually realising that part of it was missing! Mine would then develop until almost all my vision was corrupted and all I could see was a big grey disk. Then it would open out into a crescent shape which would eventually work its way across my eye and out to the periphery of my field of vision. It would then be flashing in rhythms like disco lights which I could actually feel with my eyelid! Then it would gradually work its way out altogether. There was never any pain with it, just this awful disruption of vision. At the peak, I would even be unable to make my way across a room. Horrid. I get them once in a while now, maybe just a few times each year.



Donna, why don't you put your surgery details in your signature like the rest of us? How to create a signature
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie that is so scary about your vision and I certainly hope it improves. I will pray that it does and since you say it got a little better lets hope it continues to do so. This is something you don't even think about going in and I know there are risks of embolus and they tell you all these things but all the same you never expect it to happen. Again I hope you continue to get your sight back.

Jo I do have my signature in the forum but it only post if I post from my home computer. If I use my mobile phone it will not show. This post is on my home computer. I mostly use my phone because it is easier. I do notice there are other features that are not there on the mobile version like the edit function. I'm still getting used to the new mobile version.

Donna
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie, it sounds to me like a visual migraine.

Josephine it was not any kind of a migraine. I have seen 3 specialists for it now, I have white spots on the back of my retina, which is scar tissue where that part of my eye lost life. I still am missing the vision just like I noticed on April 1st. I know the kind of flashing lights that you are talking about, I get them from time to time but this is something completely different. I had talked with the neurologist at length at my appointment, he wanted the blood work and the carotid artery ultra sound. The eye doctors I saw were 3 of them, ophthalmologists, one general, then two specialists. All agree that either a blood clot or some type of particle lodged in a small artery in the back of my eye long enough to take part of my vision away. I am just so thankful that it was not an artery to my central vision, I cannot even imagine waking up blind in one eye.
:secretaea:



 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Sorry to hear about your vision problems. Glad to hear that you have top notch doctors caring for you.

My vision in one eye seems blurry since my surgery, but I saw my ophthamologist last week and it is my cataract getting worse. I was relieved, as I am diabetic and really worry about my vision.

It's encouraging that your last vision test showed some improvement. Hope it continues. Take care and I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers.

Maggie
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

I saw my OS today after seeing my PT yesterday, and have been diagnosed with Pes Anserine Tendenitis. Just like you said Josephine as well. My OS didn't want to give me an injection right now with out trying the other treatment first...what is it called iontophoresis. I will pick up my RX for the treatment tomorrow then head to PT, since the therapist does it. I feel better already just being diagnosed and have treatment already lined up. I need to get back on track with my recovery and progress!

Bonnie
RTKR 3/28/11
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie.....my goodness!!! Hon, I can't believe you've been through all that PLUS your surgery!!! I'm thankful your sight is not any worse off than what you describe. It just shows you must pay attention to everything after surgery!!

And shame, shame on that medical office for treating you so poorly. I hope you have had some words with your friend and/or written a complaint letter. There was no excuse for that treatment!!!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

broken link removed: https://www.iontocentre.com/iontophoresis/index.html?gclid=CO7Y88ucmKkCFQNP4QodhErpuA looks interesting .....
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Bonnie, please continue to let us know how this works for you. It does sound interesting!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Hi Jamie, thanks for asking. I didn't come back to talk about it because quite honestly I didn't think there was an interest in it. I have had 7 treatments now. Iontophoresis with Dexamethasone. They are working, not over night like an injection would but getting better each day. Matter of fact over this past weekend I biked 30 minutes, walked 2.35 miles and swam laps in my pool. Two weeks ago I could barely walk to the bathroom from my couch! I have also worked several days at the running store. ROM is not where I want it to be yet, we had to back off due to the Tendenitis. But...I can do stairs now, every other one! Going up with no holding on, but coming down I have to use the hand rails. It really is all coming together. 11 weeks post op today!

Bonnie
RTKR 3/28/11
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Good for you, Bonnie. It is really interesting to know that the treatments are working!!! I'm so glad you found that resource.
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

That is a very interesting article that you posted; it sounds like it is of solid benefit to you.

We will keep you in our prayers for you vision issues, too!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Oh yes...the vision issues...that is still going on. Vision is still lost, on Friday I had an ultra sound of my carotid artery. Next thing I have to do is MRI of my brain. I get the carotid artery results tomorrow. Once all these tests are done and indeed if they are negative them they all can release me and say that my vision loss was a rarity due to my knee surgery. Either a small blot clot or a Fat Embolism that can come from the bone marrow entering the blood stream due to all that cutting and sawing. I feel like a laboratory guinea pig with all this testing!

Bonnie
RTKR 3/28/11
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

That's why we sign a release on that surgical permit...anything can happen when you least expect it. :sigh: I'm praying that the MD can narrow down the causes to your vision loss. I have partial vision in my left eye since birth due to cardiac defects from a medication my mother received during pregnancy. Just so thankful I'm alive and well today!
I'll continue to pray for you!
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Great to see your post Bonnie and see that your knee is doing well and responding to your treatments. Sounds like your getting very active. Congratulations.

I hope your vision improves and that you get some answers soon.

Donna
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Carotid Artery scan came back as normal so I can cross that off the list now. Next is the brain MRI. Hopefully then I will be done. Today I went to PT just to get my 8th med patch, no working out today, but I worked for 5 1/2 hours at the running store so I was on my feet a lot. People would say, oh...I am sorry to make you go get a different size or color (sending me to the stock room) but I would assure them that I was not in pain and it was good to keep moving. I have not ridden my bike to work yet, it is just .50 mile from home, but after my Tendenitis set back, I just feel like I am not ready to be on the road just yet. I am not as active as I would like to be. A friend of mine said to me..."Hellooo, why did you have that surgery? Just slow down, our minds say we are young but our bodies say...just not so fast, let me heal!". It is true, when I do too much, I take myself out of the game for a few days. Patience...which I learned from all of the senior members on Bone Smart! I just need to practice patience!

Bonnie
RTKR 3/28/11
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

That is great news about your carotid scan. I hope you continue to get good news.

I know what you mean about wanting to get going but having to let our bodies heal. You look at our skin and it is healed and think ok let's go. However the insides are still healing and will for a while. I once heard tendons take longer than bones. I keep reminding myself one year, one year.

It sounds like your doing well though. Take care.

Donna
LTKR 12/06/2010
Left knee manipulated 05/13/2011
 
Re: I am on the other side now, friends!

Glad to hear that the carotid artery scan was normal. Will be thinking of you. Take things easy and take care.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom