TKR nausea week s after surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your time. You have a lot going on. It will be ok, but patience is required.
 
at least you still have a sense of humor---I am glad to hear it.
 
Not sure I am doing the right thing; one one hand I want to do my exercises, but they tire me out so much;actually just the overall daily living stuff tires me out the most, My family (especially my nurse cousin who should have been head of the Gestapo) and my husband who worships every word coming out of er mouth, insists that no matter how I feel, I just have to man up and do it. The other day I asked them, " I fogot, when was the date of your knee surgery). I trust you guys more; how do you know when enough is enough. I am very cofused
 
Hi @Lexismom only do exercise if it doesn't hurt or if you are not overtired. Don't bother to stress about it. I am 9weeks in, my recovery has been slow but finally appears to be picking up at last. I have pasted my link so that you or anyone else who is having a hard time can read mine. Obviously it is not as bad as yours or others but it may help I hope? Anyway my doc told me if I want to get back to normal I have to focus on my recovery first. I cannot get back to normal without being fit and well, that was only last week. We are all individual in our recoveries And I have learnt NOT to compare myself with others. I am not them. It pays to do the mantra,reread the great articles sent by the moderators they are a lifeline. I wish you a better time ahead of you now. You have come through the worst now x x x x x take care Nana moon 27 x

Btw the nurse person is not you. You do not man up and do stuff that hurts you not ever..she cannot comment on something she has never experienced that is just ridiculous. I've only vacuumed again since last week. I still can't drive cos of the meds and I can't walk a mile yet. But my rom is now 115 and my flexion is +4. Not too bad. Xxxxx

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/woohoo-im-starting-to-feel-better.22950/page-59#post-581936
 
Listen to your knee and your body. They know what you need and not someone who has not gone through this. Lots of rest with icing and elevation and gentle stretches will get you there much better than anything. Remember the bonesmart mantra - it has worked for so many of us. First we recover that includes our exhausted bodies and then we can work on strengthening.
 
First off, just knee surgery wipes you out. I slept so much, it was unreal. I never sleep in the daytime until I had the surgery. It is very traumatic to your system, and you just need time to get over it. Secondly, you didn't just have knee surgery, you also had pneumonia which is a huge, HUGE drain on your system. My brother had pneumonia when he was a young and healthy man, and it took him weeks and weeks to get back to normal. I'm surprised you're able to lift your head. The only things you should be doing are the necessary ADL's, and some easy therapy for your knee. Rest, rest and more rest is what you need. When I get back to Homewood, I will be tickled to death to help you with anything else you need (shopping, cleaning, laundry- you name it.) Until then, get your nurse cousin to pitch in and help in a way that really helps instead of making you feel guilty! Don't feel guilty!
 
HI:

Good news is my knee is doing well; I see progress every day. Bad news is I have CONSTANT nausea. We stopped the Norco thinking it was that. I cry every day in bed as I am so miserable.

The Dr. thinks it is my diverticulitis, but I never heard to that being so painful. My therapy is to take more zanac and sleep so I won't feel the pain. (please don't preach, I know this is bad). The only point is the desperation I am in.

If anyone has had or has diverticulitus, please put in your two cets.
 
I can't imagine you being without pain meds at 6 weeks. That point for me was an actual increase in pain and what resolved it was an increase in pain meds. Pain can cause nausea, you know.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom