TKR nausea week s after surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what happened to you. So sad to hear about your ordeal. Hope that it stays in the rear view mirror. Forward march to a healthy knee recovery. Please keep us posted. Best of luck
 
Oh hon~ As if a knee replacement isn't hard enough! I will be thinking of you, please update when you can...we are all here for you!
 
I've been so worried about you Karyn! I figured something must have happened. So sorry to hear this….hope you are on the mend. If you need anything, I'd be happy to run over with something. I could get your daughter from school….my school is just down the street. I sure would be happy to help you out. PM me if you can…..
 
We'll be here when you're ready. Just hang on and let this all settle. I know it feels like you've lived through a nightmare but it will pass. Just take it slow and easy.
 
. How scary for you and your family. I am glad you are sorted out and at home now. Keep us posted once you are able. You have been through so much. :flwrysmile:
 
How frightening! What a scary and, horrible ordeal you have been through.

Once things get settled down and you get things straightened out, we will be waiting here to help you out!

Prayers for you!
 
So sorry . I truly hope it only gets better from here on out . Hugs , Pam
 
I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope that you can slowly get better. Please try to keep us posted on how you are doing. I know it might be hard at first but we are very concered. Take a day at a time and if that is diffecult, do a moment at a time. Lots of hugs. Tashia:console2: :console2: :console2: :console2: :friends:
 
Sorry to hear about this, just glad you are finally home. Wishing you and uneventful recovery from here on.:console2:
 
@maryo52, you are so right! This forum is awesome! I've never found a more caring and supportive group of people anywhere! Thank you Josephine for starting this wonderful forum!
 
Oh my goodness I am so sorry that happened to you! I also had a bad reaction to opiates, I was very cranky to the point of being mad at everyone! I had been reading on this forum for months and I had a good book on knee replacements that I read also, so I was well informed before surgery.. Well, after surgery I got it in my mind that I had been lied to at some point. I was so angry over it. I don't remember any of this but my daughter loves telling me all about my change of personality at that time. My son came to the hospital and told them to cut my dosage of dilaudid down and the nurse argued that it was the weekend & she couldn't get ahold of the doctor. My son stood firm, and said he didn't care if she had to call the doctor on the golf course, he wanted my meds cut way down. So they finally cut it down but I was still in a nasty state of mind, so they took me off of it and put me on morphine only. That helped alot but it was still to much for me, I couldn't eat until they cut it down to almost nothing. You can't heal correctly if you can't eat for a long period of time. I recovered mostly on tylenol because of my reaction to opiates.

I do hope they have your meds straightened out by now and you start feeling better everyday. You had so many possible side effects that it was probably hard to sort out for a few days. Please keep us updated on your progress. We all care about each other here. :console2:
 
this point too tired to write more

Thank you for thinking of us and updating your thread. We care about our members, so when one goes missing from the forum after their surgery, we become concerned.

Can't imagine what you have been through; sounds awful! When you are feeling up to it, please do let us know what we can do to help. We can commensurate, offer advice or an ear to listen.

In the meantime, I hope you get some obviously very needed rest.
All the best!
 
Thank you so much for all your words; this group is very precious to me. I know that a few times I became friendly with people pre-op and then they never post again; I truly worry about them and still think of them. In my mind I like to believe that they are so happy and active after surgery, they forget to post. Josephine, I did not realize you started this group; you have helped so many and I really think this forum is probably one of greatest purposes of you being in this world. (along with all the patients who have helped) I don't think it is really too much to ask of you to host a small tea at your house for all the members so we can meet ha ha
 
@Lexismom I'm so glad you are doing better. That sounds like a terrifying experience. I hope you can get on with your knee recovery without any further drama.

@Josephine You better have a VERY large place for that tea you'll be hosting, so we can all come and thank you for all you've done for us! I, for one, am so very grateful to you for all your help and encouragement to me.
 
So sorry that you have had such a rough time. Hang in there, rest up and get on with healing!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom