Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @Nana moon 27 - glad you are feeling a bit happier and were listened to today. Also that you feel that you have set the wheels in motion for some action, whether that be lots more physio, different medication or something that is beyond my feeble brain.
I've been checking on and off all afternoon to see how you got on. Good thing with the blood tests - did he see the X ray immediately ? It's all given him a bit of food for thought and he if sniffs a problem he will be pulling out all the stops to get it sorted. Also, remember that you will get a second go at him when you return next week!
I expect that you are done in - lots of worry and anticipation today for you. Time for a nice big cuppa and a biccie I think.
So pleased that you are feeling more encouraged - as I said before, not knowing and lack of action is the worst place to be.
Take care and talk later.
Much love XXX
 
@Nana moon 27 - sounds like you handled yourself perfectly!!! So happy that he's listening and acting quickly - hopefully you'll get some answers that make sense and finally be able to progress the way you should.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
 
I am happy to hear your visit went well. You are on your way to finding answers to your continuing swelling and pain. Have a relaxing trip this week, and hoping you have some answers when you return next week.
 
I'm so pleased you are happy with how your visit went, it certainly sounds as if you were listened to and taken seriously at long last. Now you can go and relax in the caravan knowing that something is being done. It's probably good that you will be away, if you were sitting at home you would be watching the hours and days until the appointment next week.
I am at the opposite stage to you, we've just arrived home and now we are unpacking the caravan and giving it a good clean, next trip ...France :wave:. Have a wonderful trip, 'borrow' the wifi whenever you can xxx
 
Hi @Josephine you asked me to tag you in to my thread once I had seen the surgeon. He is Mr Saidaiaih at Good Hope Hospital. He was so helpful and friendly. Thr bonus pint was that the hospital was so clean! Lovely!

I'm condensing this into bullet point format I hope you don't mind, after the opening paragraph.

I handed the registrar a card which said my two biggest concerns:
1) Lack of extension and continued significant swelling, heat instability in the TKR joint, that still requires 70-90mg Zomorph a day, with 4x2 Paracetamol.
2) Recurrent upper respiratory tract infection that began after a fall in hospital and are continuing. Could this be connected to TKR and vice versa? (Thanks to @Chihuahuan).

He examined me agreed it's not quite right, sent me for X-ray and said that when I returned I would see the surgeon himself. I gave the registrar the full list of concerns, meds, pain, mobility etc, as per like the advice you gave to Shortie, bullet pointed and sub headed.(see page 115 on my thread, this is displayed on there) When I returned from X-ray, I met the surgeon himself. He was very well,versed in my problems! Actually he was utterly charming. I felt that he really was listening to me. He made good eye contact, leaned forward and included my husband in the conversation. He was pleased that I had prepared properly for the appointment. He asked me about my jobs too. I told him how desperately now I wanted to go back and to drive again. Just get my life back to some sort of normal.

My husband was supposed to make notes. He got the name of the implant wrong and forgot to write the responses down. Luckily I have a good memory!

Questions:

What make knee replacement did I have, was it cemented or screwed?
You had an AGC replacement knee that was cemented in

Why is my knee so swollen, hot, painful and will not straighten
We will investigate this. We will do an X-ray and blood tests to check for infection

Is there a link between these constant chest infections and my TKR?
It is unlikely that there would be a link with this. Are you Asthmatic?

Yes I am. (He writes something down in the notes at this point, I should have asked him why)

I am going to send you for blood test to check for infection, possibly in your knee. I am not saying this is definitely what is wrong but I need to check this. I would like to see you again in one weeks time and we will hopefully know more then

This was the end of it all really. I was in the hospital from 11am until 2.15 pm. Nearly £5 car parking charge!

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes terrific visit! Sounds like he listened and took you seriously and is trying to find some answers. All my best to you!!! ❤❤❤❤ More Hearts! Xoxo
 
Sounds like you had a very good appt. although long day. Glad you have your confidence back. You have helped so many of us with your support. Hoping for some very helpful information that leads you to getting things corrected amd get relief from all knee and health problem. Hugs and prayers.
 
Hi @I'm so ready it's so lovely to hear from! How are you? Yes I've had a great day. Hope is a wonderful confidence booster no doubt about that! Thank you and bless you for your hugs and prayers x
 
Hi @I'm so ready I think there is a mistake in your date on your December op. It says 2014! So this means that you had both your knees done quite close together didn't you? Ouch! Well done x x x
 
I am doing well, mostly good days. :good-bad: Looking forward to grand-daughters graduation on the 28th. I went to the outdoor pool yesterday and just tried to put legs in water. It was too cold, :yikes: will have to wait a little longer for water to warm up. It is not heated. I want to do so many things, but have to tell myself to go slowly. LOL. you take care.:catbutterfly::dogwalk:
 
@Nana moon 27 , yes I did have them close. Doctor would not do both at same time. Said he would do them them 8 weeks apart. I am glad because both knees needed it. Corrected date on sig. thanks
 
Well done. You must have got it right and now will surely see some useful action. Hurray! Enjoy your trip to caravan.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Nana moon 27 So glad it went well --sounds as though you have been truly listened to and solutions are on the way! Jen

@Nana moon 27
I agree with Chihuahuan. I'm glad the doctors listened to you and I'm glad you're having more tests. I look forward to hearing the results when you go again next week.

Best wishes, :flwrysmile:
Caryl
 
Hey @Nana moon 27 I'm just catching up on your post about your hospital visit. For me when you said...." I feel like I have been listened to and he has taken on board everything. I feel hopeful for the first time in a long time." .....That sentence right there is the crucial one! I'm so glad you felt listened to & that he is acting on it! I wish you a good break away, you must be exhausted after the run up to & the actual appointment. Rest well and take care.....watch where those feet are walking! Love Bernie. X


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, sounds like your day is busy. I am back home now. Will go into that more in my thread. So glad that you have a listening doctor and hope he gets to the rout of the roblem. I am bond tired, but ned to unwind and also to get ready for tomorrow for the surgeon's appt. regarding gall bladder. Maybe nothing will have to be done. The appt. is before I go to work. Just praying to get through these the next couple of days. So tired from traveling.:tiredwheel: :sleeep: :yawn:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom