TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side I love your little dog's name--Flea--so cute! Yes, a UTI is certainly possible. My 8 going on 9 year old cat, Sneaky Pie, jumped on my lap one day and peed on me--I had on white pants and the stain was pink---she had never ever done anything like that. Sure enough she had a UTI. Usually when well trained pets do something out of the ordinary, there is something wrong. Hope it's something simple that can easily be taken care of.
 
Gail, I hope Flea feels better soon! Give him a hug from me and Elanor! :kittykiss: :puppysmooze: Hugs to you too!
 
Flea seems to be better today. He has gotten three doses of antibiotics so far and no more accidents. Thanks for your good wishes for him. I have come to love the little guy and would hate for something to happen to him.

Now today I am feeling blech!! I am supposed to have my nails done later, but wondering if I will make it. I am wondering to be honest if its not anxiety I am feeling. So much going on in my life right now, that it could be anxiety. I am drinking some chamomile tea and hoping I feel better soon. This is getting really old!
 
Gail, just catching up on your thread as I haven't been on here much since before my MUA. Sorry that you felt down before Christmas. I just can't imagine having Christmas without my children and grandchildren. I really would be sad as well. As this country isn't as big as yours, we don't have the problem of somewhere being too far to travel.

Hope Flea continues to improve, bless him.

Your knee seems to be doing okay without you going to physio, so that was a good decision you made. Baby steps for all of us :flwrysmile:
 
Flea :rotfl: That's hilarious! I should have named my Ernie either Flea or Worm. He was a stray that I found on the internet and when I picked him up the poor thing stunk to high heaven, had fleas and 3 different types of worms. The poor boy. It was a loooong drive home. My husband couldn't believe that I wanted to drive 3 hours to pick him up.
 
My hubby named him! We knew he was gonna be a little guy, and he liked that name. I was laughing at hubby yesterday, cuz he is not a pet person (I had to beg for Flea), and he has now fallen head over heals in love with Flea. He was saying yesterday that Flea is so cute, we should have named him Guapo (handsome in spanish). Which is a name I might have chosen. LOL But Flea it is.

I am pretty sure my feeling sick yesterday is NOT anxiety, I am soooo sick today guys. :sick: I have a bronchial infection. I am coughing like a barking seal, and my chest is sooo tight I can hardly breathe. Am going to the doc here shortly....I hope they give me a steroid shot like last time I got bronchitis, within 10 minutes I felt sooo much better. I know I will have to take antibiotics too, which makes me a bit sad. Crohns tummies do not like antibiotics, we get BAD diarrhea and a sick tummy from them. Keep your fingers crossed, last time they gave me the steroid shot, then an antibiotic shot for 3 days. Hoping they do the same, it might save me some tummy grief. Okay whining over! :mcoffee:
 
Oh, that creeping crud has been trying to catch me for a week now! Every time I think I got it beat, I wake up feeling like my glands are swollen. I don't know what's in it, but my son and I both agree that when we feel like poo-poo, hot and sour soup always makes us feel better faster.
I'd say you can keep whining for the rest of the day :ok:
 
Thanks ErniesMa! I think this has been creeping up on me for about a week too. I have been coughing more, like when I use to smoke. I even kept telling hubby that I felt like I was smoking again. I quit smoking after 29 years on Dec 31, 1999. So its obviously not a smokers cough now! Haha..
 
*hangs head* I still have that nasty habit. I've tried everything from the patch, the books, hypnosis, Wellbutrin, Chantix. I guess I'm just not ready to quit yet. So naturally, I never get a cold, it's just a smokers cough (gimme a break!)
I started taking Vit C and a Calcium/magnesium/zinc with D3 since I started feeling like the crud was following me, and I think that's what is keep it from actually grabbing hold...but I don't know. Not sure how that works with Crohns though
 
I do take Calcium, Vitamin D3, and magnesium daily. They really are beneficial to the Crohns. They are saving my bones some.

Just got back from the doc and got my steroid shot, so my chest is not so tight. No need to take antibiotics at this point. But she did give me an inhaler to use also. If it still is tight tomorrow, then I have to get another steroid shot. Hugs!
 
Hi Nanners - just reading your thread and sorry you are dealing with anything other than getting better from your knee! Not fair -oh, yeah, life isn't fair, huh? Well, I was thinking in general you sound happier and like you are moving through your recovery well. Take good care! Hugs to you! Micha :kittykiss:
 
Well the steroid shot really helped. I feel better today, and the inhaler helps alot too. Didn't sleep well from about 3 am on becuz I had that tickle in the back of my throat. Funny thing is I wanted to buy some cough drops and my hubby talked me into these herbal ones. I wasn't too hopeful they would work, but they worked great. Hubby has a cold too, and he is a smoker, so I know I will have sleepless nights coming up soon, cuz he will be coughing alot. Oh well! Got some cough medicine too. LOL

micha, I was reading your post today, and so glad things are getting better with your knee. I am about 3 weeks ahead of you and I am starting to see some positives too. My leg is not 0 straight, but its getting better all the time. My bend has been getting a bit better too. I am noticing I am able to do a few things I haven't in awhile, like the stairs:) I think stopping PT has been really beneficial to me. I think with the weights and things she was having me do were aggravating things more than helping. I just have to keep telling myself to walk heel to toe and I notice I limp less that way. Also, noticing less stiffness when I first get up. Still have some, but its much better of late. Yeah us!! Hugs back at ya!
 
Sorry to hear about your poor chest, Gail, but pleased that the steroid shot helped. You have certainly been put through the mill and back several times, my dear friend.

Your knee certainly is improving daily it seems. All good things come to those who wait - true I guess, sometimes :)
 
Nanners, you are intrepid. I hope you kick that crud really soon! Sending good thoughts your way!
 
Nanners glad you are feeling better. I have been fighting the crud too. Have that cough and congestion but not feeling miserable thankfully. We need to give ErniesMa a couple brownie points for using poo-poo and sweet and sour soup in the same sentence. Pretty good!
Flea...so cute. I am glad he's feeling better. And so funny Ernie again with should have named her dog Flea or Worm. hahahah
 
Wow Gail, a lots been going on with you and poor Flea! Norm and I both have that dang cold too, he got it first and I have no idea how I got it cause I was staying way clear of him!:skep:

I hope you get better soon because you have enough "yuck" on your plate! Thank goodness you didn't have to have the antibiotics otherwise you would have added the dreaded diarrhea to the mix! I hope Flea is still doing well!
 
Thanks Jacky! You know Jose and I were talking and we wonder if we got our colds from Flea. He was sneezing like crazy before he had his little pee incidents, so we were wondering maybe he had a cold too along with the UTI. I don't know if thats possible, but we are all medicated and just riding the ride now.

I was a little worried this morning that the anti's still might be needed as I had such a tight chest this morning. But some hot tea and my inhaler seemed to have done the trick. I keep waking up at about 3 am and having troubles getting back to sleep. I wonder if its the nighttime cold meds I am taking. They knock me out, but wake me early. Oh well this should be over soon, its already been 3 days, so things hopefully will be better soon. Hugs!
 
Gail, Did you send that cold through BS to me? I started with it this morning and have been getting worse all day. UGH!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom