TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gail, you are not alone my friend!:console2: The blues tends to hit a lot of us around the holidays, the memories of years past and missing the happy times when the kids were young and our parents were still a live and/or healthy! I guess as we age our lives change so much, in ways we never expected when we were younger. Some of those changes are good and some not so good, however when we get ourselves in a dark place it's hard to pull ourselves out and see the bright side of life and all the good things in our lives!
I hope your mood has lifted, which will allow you to see the brighter side, like having your hubby by your side walking through life's path with you, having your TKR behind you and your ROM numbers improving, and being able to walk and getting stronger every day!
If you find yourself in a dark place, just come back on and talk about it and we all can help each other through it. I find that once the words are spoken or written they are out of our heads and can be dealt with better and the concerns can be put to rest for a while.
I don't know if this will help you, but when I've found something so hard to talk about I would write it down on paper so my eyes can see what I'm feeling inside and that helps me deal with it better. Other times I would take out a piece of paper, make two columns, one heading (the good) and one heading (the bad) and I would just start listing as many things I can think of, it just gives me a clearer picture of what I am dealing with in my head.

I hope I have helped you in some way! I just hate to see a friend sad! Stay well Gail!:friends:
 
Gail, I am sorry you are feeling blue. I know I am sad because my son and his wife can't come this Christmas. I hate that he lives so far away. With the price of airline tickets, them coming home at Christmas seems like it will never happen. Not that they won't come, just not at Christmas. Hope things are better today.
 
It's how we choose to deal with the blues that makes us who we are
It's how we connect with those we love, no matter near or far
It's how we take the good with the bad and weigh them side by side
It's how we learn of things that come and decide to stay or hide
These things determine the strength we have, to bear the things in life
Can you stand tall and get past it all or will you give in to the strife?
Be strong my friend, you have it within you to overcome what will be
Look in the mirror and a strong, beautiful lady is what you will see.

You can do it Gail! We are here with you!:flwrysmile:
 
Hope you are doing better today and have a beautiful and wonderful Christmas. :friends:
 
Hubby and I went to the swapmeet and walked around for a bit. But it got caught a bit short becuz this little girl was not paying attention and had this little hard plastic purse like case and was swinging it around and nailed me right on my surgical knee. About dropped me right there it hurt so much. Today knee is very sore and stiff and I am limping a bit. I am sure it will be okay after some rest. I should ice it, but its so cold in the house, I just can't. Brrrr....

Thank you all for your kind words. Still feeling blue and probably will till Christmas is over. Hubby was too poor as a child to have celebrated Christmas, so he doesn't understand my blues, although he is supportive. So its hard to talk with him and explain all that I am missing. Hugs!
 
I hope your knee feels better soon Gail!:console2: Those darn little plastic purses are like weapons for crying out load!
 
Yeah knee is okay, but still a bit stiff. My hip is killing more! I am sure lots of tkr's get this pain, but it sure is killing me. I have been using heat on it and it helps. Hugs!
 
Wow here comes the blues again!! I hate these tears I keep having. Hubby notices that I am sad, but its hard for him to understand why I feel so sad. But he is supportive and gives great hugs! My girls and a few of my grandbabies are at my ex's house for Christmas. I am glad for him, becuz he and the girls have had a tough time since our divorce. But that was his fault mostly, not theirs. But I am happy that they are able to put past hurts aside and be a family again. My youngest just sent me a text and said she and her sisters were reminising on Christmas' past, and how she wished she could just hug me right now. I sure wish I could hug them right now too.

Thanks for letting me vent here, and I hope even though I am blue, that you have a wonderful holiday with your family. Big hugs all!
 
This time of year can bring sadness and tears for folks who are no longer here, or families separated by distance.
This year, everyone in our family is scattered all over the place, and my neice and nephew are working for the pay differential so we are alone too. Although we are blessed that our college age daughters are home.
You sound like you have a gem of a husband, and even if he doesn't understand, keep on talking and getting your feelings out.
Maybe you can start a new tradition that you and he can do together so that the time passes?

Lets all hope for a better 2013.
Sandy
 
They may not be with you but obviously you are with them in their hearts and minds. Take splice knowing that they love you and are thinking of you. In the mean time, have a special moment or two with your hubby. :whistle:

Merry Christmas to you!
 
Merry Christmas Nanners! Stay positive. Sounds like your children love you a lot even though they can't be with you.
 
Well I am glad that Christmas is over! I did pretty good this year, my blues didn't hit till right before Christmas this year. I swear its crazy to me how the day after Christmas the blues just disappear, but I feel better now. Knee is okay, although stiff from the rain outside. We will just chill at home today and relax. I can deal with that;)
 
I'm glad to hear the mood has lifted for you Gail! The song that comes to mind for me every time I deal with the sad mood and it finally lifts is (I can see clearly now, the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way! Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind, it's gon'a be a bright, bright sun shinny day!). Sorry, I guess my mood lifted some today as well and I thought I'd share this tune that says it all for me!
 
Gail, I am glad your blues have lifted. And how sweet of you to have missed me! :kittykiss: :puppysmooze: Every night while I was at my parents I would think about getting on the forum, but I was always so tired that I just never felt much up to it. I am hoping my own blues will lift this week so I can get back into my exercise routine and more focused on moving forward. I am sorry your knee is not farther along. But it does sound like things are better, even if they are moving incredibly slowly. I have to say that one thing about returning to work did for me, was it got me less focused on my knee, and it allowed me to obsess about it less. I don't know if you have any hobbies or friends, but the distraction can help with fretting about the whole knee thing less. I figure at this point, other than keep up my exercise, there is not much else to do but wait, so having distractions helps. Big hug!
 
Have to be a bit honest, the blues are not fully gone. I am in the process of applying for Social Security Disability, and just got my second denial, and now have to wait about 5 months for a hearing before a judge. I do have a atty and he feels I will get it at the hearing. But to be sooo sick and have people tell you that you aren't sick enough, is really disheartening. There is no way I could hold down a job. I may wake up one day and feel okay and then in an hour things change. Also, my state disability ends in about 2 weeks and we will not be having any money coming in. We have savings and my 401k, but those things were supposed to be for our old age. So feeling quite fretful about that.

My knee is 4 months old today. It has gotten better, but as I said I still limp, and my bend and straightening aren't the best. I can walk some, but get fatigued pretty easily. My gait is really affecting my hips alot, as they wake me up nightly with a fair amount of pain. I try to walk as normally as possible, but after a bit you get tuckered out. Oh well I will live, and can hope and pray that things get better with a bit more time. Thanks for your support. Hugs!
 
I'm so sorry you are going through so much pain and frustration. I cannot believe they won't approve you for the disability. So many people get it that don't deserve it but then they deny someone who does. Sometimes the system just SUCKS! :gaah:
 
That is very true Shelly. My sister is 60 and had a stroke this last year that has affected her alot, and she got denials too. I guess they hope we will give up. But I am not!! And neither will she. Hugs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom